ESPN Running Scared ~ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN Running Scared ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only thing that sounded like a train wreck in there was the interview process. Luckily they ended up with the best candidate of them all.

So even when you think the Big East did something right you can't give them credit for it. You have to think it was just dumb luck not a good search process. This is why you have no credibility. What are you going to say if the Big East ends up with a better contract then the one offered by ESPN last year? Dumb luck?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I haven't trust any politician since Viet Nam. Not one. But I do have a question. How many CT residents does ESPN employ?

The problem that I have with Malloy's "First Five" program, especially as it pertains to ESPN, is that the company will receive 25 million dollars in state funding and they only have to insure a minimum of 200 extra jobs, and I believe the amount of time for the jobs is 10 years. So that means that the state is going to pay $12,500 per year per each new employee to work at ESPN:

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?Q=484086&A=4010

I am as lefty as they come, and I'm sure this discussion is best served in the Cesspool, but this in my opinion is a poor way to "create" jobs in this state from a monetary standpoint. Way better ways to have state funded work projects to get people back to work and "shovel ready" projects that already exist. Don't need big handouts to multi-billion dollar corporations who have plenty of money for their own infrastructure and personnel decisions...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pull it for what? What was inaccurate in it? If you want to stupidly question the reasons for FOIAing it, that's one thing. But there was nothing inaccurate in it.

It was stellar reporting by a top-class reporter who this entire board has spent the last year singing the praises of. A reporter who is more tied into the Big East than any other reporter in the country. Hired by ESPN. Working for ESPN.

What qualifies at "stellar reporting"? Would Woodward and Bernstein be "stellar reporting"? Is this at that level in your view? Just curious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I haven't trust any politician since Viet Nam. Not one. But I do have a question. How many CT residents does ESPN employ?

And how many them have better IQ than Malloy?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The problem that I have with Malloy's "First Five" program, especially as it pertains to ESPN, is that the company will receive 25 million dollars in state funding and they only have to insure a minimum of 200 extra jobs, and I believe the amount of time for the jobs is 10 years. So that means that the state is going to pay $12,500 per year per each new employee to work at ESPN:

I am as lefty as they come, and I'm sure this discussion is best served in the Cesspool, but this in my opinion is a poor way to "create" jobs in this state from a monetary standpoint. Way better ways to have state funded work projects to get people back to work and "shovel ready" projects that already exist. Don't need big handouts to multi-billion dollar corporations who have plenty of money for their own infrastructure and personnel decisions...

First five is a joke. The deal Cigna got is even worse than the ticket brokers or ESPN.

Reaction Score
Thank you for providing the sole piece of logical thought in this entire trainwreck of a thread.

Yeah, real logical ESPN was gleaning information for use in the negotiations. Just like the trashing ND article and their NBC contract was just "timely" and their "power 5" that ESPN repeats a lot "was 1st mentioned by someone else".
How is "trashing" BE not good for ESPN negotiating position?
As far as stellar reporting goes, seems like a lot of unnamed sources speculating on reasons for actions and timing for which they were not privy and the major question "how did final choice get to be a candidate, and what were his characteristics that won the gig- missing; that turns the article into 'what's the point' ". Seems most concerned with how BE attempted to keep info private.

Reaction Score

Dan you are 1000% right. We shouldn't overpay for corporations to exploit our resources and pay us back by doing damage to our flagship university. And at this point they clearly have. I would love to have some of that money to start my own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom