ESPN removes Big East from NCAAF coverage... | The Boneyard

ESPN removes Big East from NCAAF coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
but doesn't add the AAC. Is this just a timing issue or will Andrea Adelson just move on to other things?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
but doesn't add the AAC. Is this just a timing issue or will Andrea Adelson just move on to other things?
I'm hoping just timing... AA has been splitting time with the ACC blog though. Tuna needs to be doing more than just ND blogging, so I'm assuming and hoping that this is just timing. Especially since we have an ESPN deal.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Do they have a "the other half" blog that covers the MWC, C-USA, MAC? That's probably where we'll go. I rarely read that blog anyway so it's not a huge loss but I was curious if they'd keep it. I assumed no since we aren't a P5 conference and BCS status ends after this season

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Haha, I found a link in the "blogs home" for Big East, it routes you to the ACC. I seriously doubt they'll cover the American. That's fine, their CFB blog was the only thing keeping me coming back to their website.

Reaction Score
I noticed that this morning as well. BTW, does anyone know why Stanford has its own football blog on ESPN's site?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For this year the AAC is still a BCS conference. Wussupwitdat Bristol U?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Rutgers and UL are still in the AAC this year so I imagine they will still have a blog for them until they are gone.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I noticed that this morning as well. BTW, does anyone know why Stanford has its own football blog on ESPN's site?
I don't know why, but that's were the AAC'ers are squatting for now...

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I asked Andrea on the blog at least 5 times if the blog was going to be discontinued over the last 6 months and she never responded. Now we have an answer. Actually if they were smart they would have a blog putting all the mid major conferences together. How hard is it to surf the web for articles and post them... Anyone in the boneyard with any initiative to get that going? Just something for us to put related articles to the leagues other teams?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Rutgers and UL are still in the AAC this year so I imagine they will still have a blog for them until they are gone.
No they are going to be featured in B1G and ACC, just like Pitt and Syracuse were this year.

Reaction Score
From another AAC BB source...

"Well I just heard back from Chuck Sullivan, Director of Communications, about the blog and he said that yes the blog was discontinued today based on "performance and resource choices." So basically ESPN just told this league to F off. "

"Sorry I should have made that clear Chuck Sullivan is the Direction of Communications for the AAC. He said the best person to contact at ESPN would be David Duffey. His email is David.Duffey@espn.com."

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Performance on football we have none to date, but I am glad we have so much access to play games on ESPNU and 3 and whatever back channel we may or may not have. Aresco sucks at this whole media thing which is disappointing since he was brought in for that very reason. Winning is the only thing we can do right now.

Reaction Score
... and it appears that AAC member schools are attempting to occupy the Stanford blog in response:

http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-fo...hil-steele-picks-oregon-usc-in-pac-12#comment

It's actually pretty funny (the #occupystanford) - not the elimination of the AAC blog.

Edit...

The movement has spread to the SEC blog where there is more traffic... LMAO. ESPN was trying to delete the comments on the Stanford Blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/65928/ranking-the-sec-quarterbacks-4#comment

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Everyone please go to SEC lunch links tomorrow to protest. Make some noise

Reaction Score
... and it appears that AAC member schools are attempting to occupy the Stanford blog in response:

http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-fo...hil-steele-picks-oregon-usc-in-pac-12#comment

It's actually pretty funny (the #occupystanford) - not the elimination of the AAC blog.

Edit...

The movement has spread to the SEC blog where there is more traffic... LMAO. ESPN was trying to delete the comments on the Stanford Blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/65928/ranking-the-sec-quarterbacks-4#comment

I have to admit, this is pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Check this out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/standings

Apparently, the American never considered that the N at the end of American means that America East still holds poll position on the ESPN standings.

Maybe they thought this was like the phone book and that AAC would trump the AEC. New technology though.

Reaction Score
Check this out: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/standings

Apparently, the American never considered that the N at the end of American means that America East still holds poll position on the ESPN standings.

Maybe they thought this was like the phone book and that AAC would trump the AEC. New technology though.

Or maybe it just wasn't quite that important to be at the very top of the list.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From another AAC BB source...

"Well I just heard back from Chuck Sullivan, Director of Communications, about the blog and he said that yes the blog was discontinued today based on "performance and resource choices." So basically ESPN just told this league to F off. "

"Sorry I should have made that clear Chuck Sullivan is the Direction of Communications for the AAC. He said the best person to contact at ESPN would be David Duffey. His email is David.Duffey@espn.com."
But the good news is that Aresco has gotten us unprecedented access...to espn3.

Reaction Score
Really? Then why the conference name?

They liked the sound of it and it was relatively close to the top alphabetically? I know this is a little shocking, but it's theoretically possible to make a decision based on several factors at once.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to admit, this is pretty funny.

My favorite line:

"We're like gyspies...but clean."

WTF?

lol

Reaction Score
But the good news is that Aresco has gotten us unprecedented acc. ess...to espn3.
He gets paid a million bucks so that Conn athletics and the other schools could make two million a year. Sweet gig for him, poor return on investment for the schools.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This ESPN blog thing is cracking me up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm fairly sure a baboon could have made that deal with ESPN, since all it took was hey NBC what's your offer an then matched.

It's fun to go back to the days when Aresco was going to do all these great things. Well UConn gets about as much money as Wyoming, so certainly he's earned the money he collects off UConn's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom