ESPN 3 How to get it on you computer | The Boneyard

ESPN 3 How to get it on you computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I talked to Optimum/Cablevision. You will need a sign in name and password. I was told to go to Optimum or espngo.com and login in. So don't wait til the game starts in case you have problems. Get on early and try it and if you have problems you can call Optimum at 203-847-6666 and have them walk you through it. The game begins against UC Davis @ 10pm. It will be a late night for me.

Mondays game against Stanford is on ESPN 2 and in the Fairfield County area that's Channel 35 at 9pm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
May work if you have Optimum. Or if someone with it cares to share login info.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
go to espn.go.com and login at watch espn. It will list all the games. click on UConn UC Davis game at 10

Reaction Score
Hi TONY: am inexperienced with espn3 stuff. Your directions are very clear and I got to the UConn game at 10. Tried clicking just to see what would happen next, and nothing did. Do we have to wait until 10 to click into the game? And, specifically where do you click? I don't want to miss this, of course, and a high tech guy says he'll be here before game time to switch the pic over to the TV for larger screen. Thanks.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gotta wait til 10. I did the same thing and called and the girl said wait til 10. just in case I have made up a screen name and password. I m not good at this either.

Reaction Score
Hi TONY: am inexperienced with espn3 stuff. Your directions are very clear and I got to the UConn game at 10. Tried clicking just to see what would happen next, and nothing did. Do we have to wait until 10 to click into the game? And, specifically where do you click? I don't want to miss this, of course, and a high tech guy says he'll be here before game time to switch the pic over to the TV for larger screen. Thanks.

You cannot click into the game now, as it is a 10 o'clock game listed under the Upcoming tab - which is like a TV Guide of events to be shown in the near future.

You will need to wait until closer to 10 o'clock when the game will be listed under the Live Now tab. Connecticut vs. UC Davis will be listed under the Live Now tab in blue. Click on that blue link.

Reaction Score
FWIW you can get a cable that will link the ESPN3 video from your computer to your tv

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You should be able to test it out by clicking on any of the games that are on now, eg Presbyterian at Duke. There is also a soccer game you could try.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
On ESPN3 right now, a nail biter between Sienna and Buffalo. I believe that UConn has played both of those teams in the past.

Reaction Score
You should be able to test it out by clicking on any of the games that are on now, eg Presbyterian at Duke. There is also a soccer game you could try.

This.

Try watching any of the currently active games. Then you'll know if you've got it working.

Also keep in mind that there can be bandwidth issues -- ie, occasionally the feed can freeze or crash or the picture can deteriorate. Ideally that won't happen, but just to warn you that ti could.

Reaction Score
TONY,JOHN, ALUM, VOW, AND JOE: all of this information is very helpful and appreciated. Will try the various suggestions.
As some of you are aware, I have always saved my x's and o's on here for MEYER, just so he wouldn't feel too diminished by my deflection of his ardent pursuit. But, now that I've gotten an in-person glimpse of him,-and now that you all have given such helpful advice, well, let's just say that my heart is up for grabs. So, xo to you all for your good input on this. (Obviously, I'm still willing to serve as his invaluable straight man to see what semblance of humor he can come up with from time to time when given a fat pitch right down the middle.) :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
The high tech guy showed up early and we ran thru the whole sequence from TONY's first answer on this. It worked.....for other's trying to follow this, we happen to have Comcast.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In order to watch the lock next to the selection you wish to watch must be unlocked or gone. DirecTV viewers cannot get the game over any source whether AppleTV or Roku because it is not a registered provider.

Reaction Score
In order to watch the lock next to the selection you wish to watch must be unlocked or gone. DirecTV viewers cannot get the game over any source whether AppleTV or Roku because it is not a registered provider.

I have Apple TV and I watched Siena/Buffalo earlier. It did not have a lock icon next to it. As of now the UConn/UC Davis game does not have a lock icon. The only games that seem to have locks are SEC and Big 12 and yes if you click on them it will ask for your TV provider. If it does not have a lock it goes to the game if it is live.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I have Apple TV and I watched Siena/Buffalo earlier. It did not have a lock icon next to it. As of now the UConn/UC Davis game does not have a lock icon. The only games that seem to have locks are SEC and Big 12 and yes if you click on them it will ask for your TV provider. If it does not have a lock it goes to the game if it is live.

Forget the "Lock" icons. I have an apple TV and the WatchESPN app won't even fully launch if you don't have a cable or ISP provider. It's asks you to verify a provider and Login before you can do anything.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCONN Cal-Davis has the lock icon on my Apple TV. I had no problem launching Watch ESPN. Make sure your Apple TV or Roku has the current software.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Then you must have registered previously.

Reaction Score
Then you must have registered previously.

Registered with who? I have had Apple TV for about a year and a half. I haven't done anything except upgrade the software. Last season there were no locks to contend with at all. Anyway I just checked and still no lock next to UConn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Registered with who? I have had Apple TV for about a year and a half. I haven't done anything except upgrade the software. Last season there were no locks to contend with at all. Anyway I just checked and still no lock next to UConn.

Your internet or cable provider. It's the only way it will work. If you don't remember doing it it must have done so automatically although I've never heard of that.

Reaction Score
Your internet or cable provider. It's the only way it will work. If you don't remember doing it it must have done so automatically although I've never heard of that.

I don't have cable, I have Direct TV and that is not on the list of affiliated providers. Maybe it has to do with location?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, I have, too, with the current software and every selection has a small lock next to it, including the currently active games. When clicking on any selection I am provided with a code and told to go to http://es.pn/AppleTV to insert the code and activate the service. When going there you are requested to select your service and enter the code. DirecTV is not on the qualified service provider list.

Reaction Score
Well, I have, too, with the current software and every selection has a small lock next to it, including the currently active games. When clicking on any selection I am provided with a code and told to go to http://es.pn/AppleTV to insert the code and activate the service. When going there you are requested to select your service and enter the code. DirecTV is not on the qualified service provider list.

Yes if I try to open a locked game (SEC, Big12) it asks me what my TV provider is and to go to that website and provide a code. All other games no locks. Shhh.....don't tell anyone!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I have locks on everything including Espn, Espn2. It is a mystery.

Reaction Score
Here's another don't tell: on my computer, I can get ESPN3/WatchESPN directly. On my iPad, it tells me to put in my username and password for my cable provider. When I do, it says it's not correct and I can't get access. Guess what I'm watching tonight's game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom