Enoch and Facey can't get a touch right now... | The Boneyard

Enoch and Facey can't get a touch right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Wow look at that. Give Facey a chance and he swishes a jumper. Ollie better make some adjustments in OT.

Reaction Score
Wow look at that. Give Facey a chance and he swishes a jumper. Ollie better make some adjustments in OT.

Oh boy , Purvis sucks so bad. Turnovers and fouls.

Reaction Score
This is why it was bonkers for posters to complain about Ollie applauding shooting less 3s in the last game, more shots for Facey and Enoch and they win this game even without Jalen. Even with Vital and Purvis not being PGs they should know better.

Reaction Score
This was very frustrating. Big understatement. Very surprising coming from our coach with a phD in offense.

Reaction Score
This team has an unbelievably low basketball IQ. Enoch and Facey both looked very good in the first half, yet neither of them got many touches in the second half.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Where has this Facey been the last 3 years? He's aggressive and playing so in control on both the offensive and defensive ends. There's still hope to win 3 games in March to get into the tourney if he plays at this level with Jalen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm just misremembering, but I swear he ran better stuff his first year with the likes of RJ Evans than he is now. Ollie's offense is just atrocious and his player development might be worse.

It would appear to look that way when you're forced to have 2-guards run the offense.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Malpractice occurred at the XL today. Either by the coaches...or the by the guards ignoring the coaches.

Reaction Score
It would appear to look that way when you're forced to have 2-guards run the offense.

Look at the KenPom rankings, look at any rankings. His offense is pretty mediocre. The injuries don't help, but there have been problems with the offense for years now.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm just misremembering, but I swear he ran better stuff his first year with the likes of RJ Evans than he is now. Ollie's offense is just atrocious and his player development might be worse.
Whatever "stuff" they ran got good looks for Purvis, Jackson, and Vital all day long, they just can't make shots at all. Jackson isnt shooting tightly contested 3s, he's getting jumpers that a reported shooter should be able to hit at a reasonable clip. Same with Vital, dude is airballing corner 3s. That is why they need to get the ball to Facey more 12ft and in. I just can't understand the disconnect from KO saying less 3s because they can't make them and what we saw in the 2nd half today. Makes no sense, at some point you just have to tell what's left of the guards to get the ball to Facey inside by any means necessary.

Reaction Score

The team wasn't having difficulty making a simple post feed in the first half with Jalen in foul trouble. Instead, in the 2nd, KO decided to run a double high ball screen for a guy who can't pass or dribble, or his circle play for players shooting sub 25 percent from 3.

Reaction Score
It's painful to see Steve and Kentan play that well in the first half and get so few touches in the 2nd half, I mean downright ridiculously painful. I know things changed without Adams but please tell me no one can throw it into he post?

Pearl gave us a break anyway with the pressure being on the first pass only, if he was a good coach at all he would've recognized how easily he could've put the game away of he went full out on the pressure. No solid ball handlers or passers were left on the court for us.

Reaction Score
Facey + Enoch + Brimah = 12-21
PG, SG, SF, 3 point shooting = 4-28

Really sad how the post always gets abandoned, and I mean completely abandoned. It shouldn't always require a concerted effort to pass the ball inside to your best FG% shooters. It should just be how the normal offense is run. But for us, KO will need to make the post the focus every single game from here on out, for the ENTIRE game, not just the first 12 minutes.

You would think having only ONE GUARD left on the team would be the perfect opportunity to get it inside.

Reaction Score
Where has this Facey been the last 3 years? He's aggressive and playing so in control on both the offensive and defensive ends. There's still hope to win 3 games in March to get into the tourney if he plays at this level with Jalen.
He should be shooting 3s before most of the others. 4-28?

Reaction Score
He should be shooting 3s before most of the others. 4-28?

Actually do I not only agree but also felt our best chance at a clean look with 1.2 left on the clock was Facey. So with your 2nd best 3 pt shooter taking the ball in bounds (lol why???) and only Purvis out there we all knew who was getting triple teamed right? Slip Kentan in a a secondary roll behind Rodney and let him wing it - would've been a cleaner look I promise!

Reaction Score
Enoch played so little in the second half. I will have to watch the tape to see if his defense was that bad. I don't get it. He can do so much more than Brimah on offense.

Reaction Score
Enoch can't close games with his lead feet, literally a lay up drill out there when he is manning the paint. Facey on the other hand deserved the most touches ( wasn't a fan of playing through the bigs or him, but his evolved skillset is damn obvious over two games now) but KO seemed to hand the offense over to rodney in bizarre fashion. think we would have won easily if adams didn't get concussed.

Reaction Score
Actually do I not only agree but also felt our best chance at a clean look with 1.2 left on the clock was Facey. So with your 2nd best 3 pt shooter taking the ball in bounds (lol why???) and only Purvis out there we all knew who was getting triple teamed right? Slip Kentan in a a secondary roll behind Rodney and let him wing it - would've been a cleaner look I promise!

I don't personally like to bash Ollie, but someone needs to explain that to me. If that's the only player he is comfortable enough passing the ball in, fine, but we have bigger problems if that's the case.

Reaction Score
It's painful to see Steve and Kentan play that well in the first half and get so few touches in the 2nd half, I mean downright ridiculously painful. I know things changed without Adams but please tell me no one can throw it into he post?

Back in the day a big would pull you to the side and threaten to kick your arse (and mean it) if you didn't pass him the ball. I saw it many times on the playgrounds, in practices and games. and I've seen guards actually get jacked up! Appeasing the big(s) was good medicine for your health, especially when they are playing well.

Perhaps Enoch and Facey need to threaten our guards and mean it since they can't rely on Ollie to get it done.

Reaction Score
Couple things in defense of Ollie:

1. Facey isn't the most aggressive offensive player. He got the ball a couple times today in the mid-post and passed it back out instead of attacking.

2. The offense is running much, much better than it was earlier in the season. Guys are getting the ball in dual threat spots and they're doing a better job of reading the defense in those situations - the guards are syncing their cuts to the screens and their finding the bigs on the slip to the extent that you actually have to guard all five players instead of two. We just have a bunch of brick-layers on the squad right now (which Ollie certainly shares responsibility for, but our offensive struggles right now aren't x and o related, IMO).

3. Enoch got carved up defensively in the second half today. Couldn't really afford to have him on the floor, which is too bad because he's actually a much more useful screener than Brimah.

Overall, though, the premise of the thread is correct. Facey should have gotten at least five of Rodney's shots. That's not a hindsight thing. It was obvious at the time that we needed to play through the bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom