Enoch and Facey can't get a touch right now... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enoch and Facey can't get a touch right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whatever "stuff" they ran got good looks for Purvis, Jackson, and Vital all day long, they just can't make shots at all. Jackson isnt shooting tightly contested 3s, he's getting jumpers that a reported shooter should be able to hit at a reasonable clip. Same with Vital, dude is airballing corner 3s. That is why they need to get the ball to Facey more 12ft and in. I just can't understand the disconnect from KO saying less 3s because they can't make them and what we saw in the 2nd half today. Makes no sense, at some point you just have to tell what's left of the guards to get the ball to Facey inside by any means necessary.
Well KF was having issues pinning his man at times but he can hit jump shots inside for sure. SE though had a great post game going and KO totally abandoned it even with AB with 4 fouls most of the end of the game. KO should have been substituting offense for defense between SE and AB. Just bad coaching. KO inspires his players to play hard but he isn't a great offensive coach. Just tries to let his guards create stuff off isolation. Unfortunately there is no Kemba or Shabazz on the team this year.

Reaction Score
UConn Loses 70-67 To Auburn In OT; Adams Sustains Concussion

The theme of this courant article seems to be that Ollie and the coaches wanted to continue playing through the big men, but the guards didn't execute. Purvis: "[We were] not listening to the coaches. Playing selfish"

Definitely a bad look. Wonder if having Adams in would have made a difference in this regard?

I'm glad to hear that. It makes sense, because the post-looks stopped right around the time Adams left the game. You can't really count on Purvis or Vital to execute a gameplan.

Reaction Score
I don't personally like to bash Ollie, but someone needs to explain that to me. If that's the only player he is comfortable enough passing the ball in, fine, but we have bigger problems if that's the case.

1--Did you have faith in him hitting a shot there?
2--We had 4 bigs and one guard there at the end.
3. I guess Facey is the one we are talking about here--the guy making the inbounds pass. Certainly not Brimah. But that pass has to be crisp and on the money. 1 second left on the clock.

Reaction Score
Well KF was having issues pinning his man at times but he can hit jump shots inside for sure. SE though had a great post game going and KO totally abandoned it even with AB with 4 fouls most of the end of the game. KO should have been substituting offense for defense between SE and AB. Just bad coaching. KO inspires his players to play hard but he isn't a great offensive coach. Just tries to let his guards create stuff off isolation. Unfortunately there is no Kemba or Shabazz on the team this year.
Enoch was giving up an automatic 2 every time down, so Ollie had no choice but to abandon him.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
another example of coaching malpractice, Facey has emerged as a solid option in the post we we're heaving 3's

wish we weren't given any timeouts, the fewer the better, because nothing good ever comes out of them

almost everything I loved about UConn basketball has been taken from me, save for maybe "effort"

rebounding margin, shot selection, imposing our will on them, taking their best player out of the game, basketball IQ, inbounds plays, foul calls, free throw attempts...................

Rodney tried, but just wasn't very smart down the stretch. Winning takes more than a good effort, have to execute everything better

Facey could have been the solution today, he's improved immensely in recent games, I trust him second to Adams at this point

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams.
Not quite as good as them at least when we had to rely on them as the main everything. They were both better shooters and ball handlers.

Reaction Score
Not quite as good as them at least when we had to rely on them as the main everything. They were both better shooters and ball handlers.

As sophomores? No.

Reaction Score
Back in the day a big would pull you to the side and threaten to kick your arse (and mean it) if you didn't pass him the ball. I saw it many times on the playgrounds, in practices and games. and I've seen guards actually get jacked up! Appeasing the big(s) was good medicine for your health, especially when they are playing well.

Perhaps Enoch and Facey need to threaten our guards and mean it since they can't rely on Ollie to get it done.

Bottom line is Ollie has to recruit better big men. Stop recruiting these one-dimentional slow projects. Why can't we get some better big men? Even the D2 programs have better big men. It's frustrating watching our bigs play. We need some one that can recruit bigs and coach them too.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Bottom line is Ollie has to recruit better big men. Stop recruiting these one-dimentional slow projects. Why can't we get some better big men? Even the D2 programs have better big men. It's frustrating watching our bigs play. We need some one that can recruit bigs and coach them too.

You would rather have D2 big men than the ones on our roster?

Reaction Score
You would rather have D2 big men than the ones on our roster?

Alot of these D2 programs have good big men more aggressive and with some Offence. Which we don't have. Allot has to do with coaching. Because our guys have not improved at all. So to answer your question, Yes in some cases obsolutely.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Alot of these D2 programs have good big men more aggressive and with some Offence. Which we don't have. Allot has to do with coaching. Because our guys have not improved at all. So to answer your question, Yes in some cases obsolutely.

That's a really bad take.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It just a bizarre take to make after a game like this where the bigs kept us in it.

Facey put up 15 and 14 against a frontline with higher ratings coming out of HS than any team we'll see the rest of this year. Enoch had the best game of his career too. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
As sophomores? No.
But they weren't relied on to be the main scorer or savior as they had other upper classmen or players to help out. This team doesn't have much talent of course due to the injuries.

Reaction Score
But they weren't relied on to be the main scorer or savior as they had other upper classmen or players to help out. This team doesn't have much talent of course due to the injuries.

We're remembering 2012 very differently. Shabazz was relied upon. That year brought universal discouragement on this board.

Reaction Score
Yes they were, this is revisionist history at its best. Kemba's sophomore year him, Dyson, Robinson, and I guess Gavin were pretty much the only good players on the team. Gavin was better suited as a backup big, Robinson floated in and out of games, and that left Walker and Dyson trying to carry a large chunk of the offense on their shoulders and they were pretty much dead tired by the end of the games. Bazz's sophomore year was much of the same, only him, Boat, and Lamb could create any offense, AO and Drummond couldn't play together and neither one would guys you could throw the ball into the post, so that left the guards trying to create offense on their own and the offense was ugly as hell most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom