Empty Seats | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Empty Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about Bestie, but Chapette is scary. ;-)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Ah, nothing like a good ad hominem criticism based on a misreading of my comment. And you fail to address the serious attendance issues that I raise. Oh well, enjoy your trip to the Virgin Islands - I guess your "passing judgment on others without regard to financial situations" criticism only applies to "others."

Exactly how does one misread this? If there was an ad hominem comment in the thread it was your personal attack on me. What was even more incredible was your accusation that HuskyNan lacks committment to the Huskies. That's certain proof that you don't have a clue.

"These comments about not attending the Charleston game because it was a certain blowout and because some boneyarders feel the need to sip wine in front of their big screen TV are simply rationalizations for laziness and a lack of commitment to Uconn WBB. "

Attendance issues have been discussed on this board ad nauseum for the last several years. Every BY regular is well aware of what has been happening with attendance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The second half just started. Novosel canned 2 free throws to make the score 33-32 in Uconn's favor. I noticed the woman sitting in front of me was reading a book, unlike her two companions who were engrossed in the game. At the first time out, with ND now leading by 3, I glanced down - she was still reading! For the rest of the game and through the Uconn celebration at game's end, she continued to read, totally ignoring what was going on around her! It was the most disconcerting unobtrusiveness I'd ever encountered. So, Buckaroo, please advise: How would you have handled this upsetting situation?
Please tell me this was sarcasm.

Reaction Score
A big problem as I see it, is that those lower bowl seats are not available for purchase, and unless things have really changed, are also not permitted to move into them even well into the playing of the game.
Many good points have been made about faithful fans who have been donating for years and pushed back into the back walls of Gampel,or the aging of a generation that mkes it harder to deal with bleacher seating.
With finances being what they are, I find it hard to sign up for season tickets in hopes of securing good seating when I could end up on a bleacher seat or in the nether regions of the XL Center...been there ,done that, but so much younger then. Still nothing beats the excitement of being at the game screaming for our team and loving every minute of it. I can remember losing my voice for days after certain UC/ Tenn games.
So I gather with friends and we yell at the TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom