Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
If you have Clingan and keep him out of foul trouble, I think that would work. But if not he really can just pile up the points and fouls on players and win the game by wearing you out.
Idk. Don’t foul him. If he has you beat let him score. Purdue is dangerous when the other guys are hitting 3’s. I don’t care if he scores 50

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I’d single coverage Edey and let him get his. I mean how much can he score? Not enough to win the game by himself
Yeah, leaving shooters open is not great.

Reaction Score
Edey - "the bully" - likes physicality? I am shocked.

Reaction Score
Edey gets the kindest whistle I've ever seen. He uses his arms continuously to get his position, and the foul is on the guy he pushed.
What game are you watching? TN is grabbing, holding him all game,

Reaction Score
Idk. Don’t foul him. If he has you beat let him score. Purdue is dangerous when the other guys are hitting 3’s. I don’t care if he scores 50
Have you seen the whistle the officials give him? Some of these dudes are playing him straight up and he gets the call regardless. You essentially have to put up no resistance.

Reaction Score
The other remaining matchup concern is Filipowski. He's like a better version of LeDee or Coleman Hawkins and can take Clingan out to the perimeter comfortably.
You play Karaban on Filipowski and let Clingan play the other 2 bigs. Neither shoots 3s. It's a similar way they played Illinois yesterday.

Reaction Score
I just don’t know how you play against this kid. The fact that he has zero fouls in a game this physical seems insane to me but it’s every game.
Right. Illini fans were complaining that Clingan only had 1 foul given the physicality...but none of their guys were in foul trouble either. Edey can just move people wherever he wants and the defense is not allowed to provide resistence.

Reaction Score
If Pocahontas doesn't shoot the rest of the game Tennessee can win this. Connect should be taking every single shot unless Gainey is wide open.

Reaction Score
Not overlooking Alabama in any way , trust me, but I think UConn can beat Purdue. UConn's A game is better than any other team's A game. Having said that, if UConn were to play Purdue, UConn will be playing a road game. UConn won't have the UConn-partisan Boston crowd to help them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom