Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
Creighton's problem with Tennessee was that they only had 4 offensive players so Knecht was able to guard the 5th (Miller or Ferabella), and basically take defense off. You have to make Knecht work on both ends.
So a Castle Knecht match up.

My concern with Tenn is smaller quick guards against Tristan and size at 4 position against Alex

Reaction Score
The other remaining matchup concern is Filipowski. He's like a better version of LeDee or Coleman Hawkins and can take Clingan out to the perimeter comfortably.
Not worried about Duke. They’re soft.

Reaction Score
Prefer Tennessee, but their game plan looks a lot like Illinois' yesterday. Afraid to go inside (also Tennessee's big men suck) and jacking outside shots. If they don't go, they're in big trouble.

I think if we play Purdue (not getting ahead of next game), I think Edey and DC can somewhat neutralize each other with a bit of an edge to Edey. The key will be the rest of the lineup for both teams and I think we have the edge. I'd even toy with playing DC and SJ together at times. Need to make Edey come out and move his feet. Him trying to defend quick guys could produce some McGhee moments.
Sorry, making twin towers part of our gameplan, which we have managed to not do, effectively ever, in the past two years is not suddenly gonig to be a wrinkle we pull out in a national title game.

Reaction Score
Not worried about Duke. They’re soft.
they are, and have been all season, but they also showed a toughness agaisnt houston they haven't shown...ever....under scheyer. They probably lose if shead is healthy, and I don't know if they can replicate that performance, but they did show something.

Reaction Score
they are, and have been all season, but they also showed a toughness agaisnt houston they haven't shown...ever....under scheyer. They probably lose if shead is healthy, and I don't know if they can replicate that performance, but they did show something.
They did not. They caught a team in a game where they lost their best player. It’s hard for a team like Houston to adjust mid game like that. If Houston had a day to prepare without Shead I don’t even think Duke wins.

For example. The game we lost Clingan we ended up losing by 15. After we had a couple days to prepare to play without him we won 5 straight.

Reaction Score
They did not. They caught a team in a game where they lost their best player. It’s hard for a team like Houston to adjust mid game like that. If Houston had a day to prepare without Shead I don’t even think Duke wins.

For example. The game we lost Clingan we ended up losing by 15. After we had a couple days to prepare to play without him we won 5 straight.
they out-boarded Houston. You don't do that while playing soft.

I'm not saying they're NOT soft, just they didn't play as soft as they have.

Reaction Score
Duke still has two high end players like Filo and McCain that can carry them.
McCain is not a high end player. He is streaky though. If he doesn’t get drafted he’ll be a pain in the ass next season.

Roach is more of a threat imo

Reaction Score
they out-boarded Houston. You don't do that while playing soft.

I'm not saying they're NOT soft, just they didn't play as soft as they have.
Ehh Houston was shell shocked. They caught them off guard.

The white kid off the bench and roach has some toughness. The rest of those guys are cottonelle soft.

Reaction Score
McCain is not a high end player. He is streaky though. If he doesn’t get drafted he’ll be a pain in the ass next season.

Roach is more of a threat imo
McCain averages 14 and 5 rebounds on 41% from three as a freshman. He's a first round pick this summer and is getting some lottery buzz, he's absolutely a high end player.

Reaction Score
The main reason Edey gets so many fouls called is because the players guarding or doubling him are so much smaller and the refs don't know how to officiate it and/or make anticipatory calls. As long as he stays vertical, I think (hope) that Clingan wouldn't be the victim of BS calls.

Reaction Score
Edey should have 2 fouls minimum. One for the hook and then the push underneath the basket. So obvious.

Reaction Score
Edey should have 2 fouls minimum. One for the hook and then the push underneath the basket. So obvious.
I’d single coverage Edey and let him get his. I mean how much can he score? Not enough to win the game by himself

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Tennessee better get composure quick, they're flailing on both ends.

Reaction Score
I’d single coverage Edey and let him get his. I mean how much can he score? Not enough to win the game by himself
If you have Clingan and keep him out of foul trouble, I think that would work. But if not he really can just pile up the points and fouls on players and win the game by wearing you out.

Reaction Score
Purdue in the bonus at 13:06. Feels like this is Purdue's time to catch up and pull ahead. Tennessee has to play very carefully for the rest of the half
Purdue in the bonus at 14:03 in the second half

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom