Elite 8 Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Thread

Reaction Score
Ryan Kline has to make the 2 FTs with 16 seconds when they were up to 2 in order to put them up by 4.

And their 7'3 center cannot let UVA get a rebound off a missed free throw that UVA was going to deliberately miss.

Reaction Score
Ryan Kline has to make the 2 FTs with 16 seconds when they were up to 2 in order to put them up by 4.
Also, they had Eifert on the low block for the missed free throw by Jerome. They needed their big guys in their for the rebound. I feel bad for the Purdue fans, but I am a little happy for the Virginia fans, especially after their loss to UMBC last year.

Reaction Score
Edwards was beyond insane. Guy was pretty insane too. That back and forth they had exchanging buckets around the 12 minute mark of second half was special

Reaction Score
Was fouling at the end of regulation a smart idea? That’s a 50/50 proposition and cost Purdue tonight.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Gardner Webb had beaten Virginia. They were up by 14 against them in the first half. That whole South bracket would've opened up. The difference this year is Virginia, is that it seems like they are better equipped to come back with offense when they are down.

Reaction Score
Obviously in a close game like 10 things if changed would have altered the outcome. The missed FTs are at the top of the list, and second is no rebound on the deliberate miss, but I also don't love Painter's decision to foul up 3. That's just me. You can't control who gets a rebound, even with the right guys in. If he hits a 3 and ties it, fine, you probably have a chance for a final shot and if not it goes to OT. But you're risking disaster by fouling imo. The announcers seemed to think it was obviously the right decision though.

Reaction Score
This is your takeaway from the game?
Refs should be fired. Most blatant offensive foul I've ever seen, when Edwards got knocked down on a violent push off. All the calls and non calls favored Virginia the whole game. Since when can Virginia players be allowed to use their shoulders to push their way to the basket while dribbling. That being said, Kline was non existent in this game, and Virginia played great defense when they needed to.

Reaction Score
Refs should be fired. Most blatant offensive foul I've ever seen, when Edwards got knocked down on a violent push off. All the calls and non calls favored Virginia the whole game. Since when can Virginia players be allowed to use their shoulders to push their way to the basket while dribbling. That being said, Kline was non existent in this game, and Virginia played great defense when they needed to.
The goon Salt for UVA was setting ridiculous moving screens too.

Reaction Score
Agreed on all that, it's still dumb to blame Edwards for the loss

Reaction Score
Also, just saw a video of the end of regulation. Jerome at the free throw line shooting misses that last free throw, but crosses the free throw line before the ball hits rim, therefore a lane violation occurs and thus shouldn't have even gone to OT. Crazy.

Reaction Score
The goon Salt for UVA was setting ridiculous moving screens too.
.............and the refs with the whistle start sounding like a flock of birds, calling touch fouls on Purdue when Virginia's shot clock is down to 4 or 5 seconds. Saw that several times in the second half when Purdue was up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
...and the refs with the whistle start sounding like a flock of birds, calling touch fouls on Purdue when Virginia's shot clock is down to 4 or 5 seconds. Saw that several times in the second half when Purdue was up.
Exaggerate much? Neither team was in the double bonus during regulation...must have been a really sparse flock

Reaction Score
Exaggerate much? Neither team was in the double bonus during regulation...must have been a really sparse flock
Happened like three times in a row in the latter stages of the 2nd half and during the OT when Purdue had a small lead. Yet when a Virginia forward dribbles into the paint like a full back pushing the defender with his shoulder the whole way, no whistle.

Reaction Score
Two good games. Think I saw a stat that Gonzaga and Texas Tech's game was a one possession game for 33ish minutes. Then that crazy performance by Edwards. Purdue and Gonzaga are two really good teams who played well enough to win. Its insanely hard to make the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom