Elite 8 Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Thread

Reaction Score
Why wasn’t it a backcourt violation when Diakite tipped it out over half court on the missed free throw? Am I missing something?

Edit: never mind, it’s considered a loose ball situation and a tip out does not count as possession.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
, he was superhuman. He barely missed a shot he's been draining all tournament.
He was. For the first 38 minutes of the game. In the last 7, he cost Purdue the game. Without question, one of the best individual performances. But his shot selection and the way he forces things almost always, loses games as much as they keep Purdue in them. Admittedly, I only have watched him the last few games but I am no where near as impressed as his stats suggest I should be. An earlier poster referenced Shabazz. The two couldn't be more different. Shabazz almost always played in control. Edwards almost never does. The better team won last night but they shouldn't have.

Reaction Score
Two good games. Think I saw a stat that Gonzaga and Texas Tech's game was a one possession game for 33ish minutes. Then that crazy performance by Edwards. Purdue and Gonzaga are two really good teams who played well enough to win. Its insanely hard to make the Final Four.
Making the Final Four comes down to execution late. In two really entertaining games last night, all four teams tried to give the game away. Last night proved to me once again that 2014 was not a fluke. The way Bazz and Boat played was championship worthy. To me, their performance on both ends of the floor is legendary. As fun as the games were last night, I didn't see a single team(or player) take over late. They all wilted. Bazz and Boat never did.

Reaction Score
He was. For the first 38 minutes of the game. In the last 7, he cost Purdue the game. Without question, one of the best individual performances. But his shot selection and the way he forces things almost always, loses games as much as they keep Purdue in them. Admittedly, I only have watched him the last few games but I am no where near as impressed as his stats suggest I should be. An earlier poster referenced Shabazz. The two couldn't be more different. Shabazz almost always played in control. Edwards almost never does. The better team won last night but they shouldn't have.
So you don't think Edwards played well and under control when they beat Tennessee in overtime? Tennessee was a better ball club than Virginia. Beat Gonzaga, beat Kentucky twice. What happened last night was Ryan Cline, for whatever reason he did not have a good game.

Reaction Score
Bass trusted his teammates and got the ball to the right player St the right time.

I did not see that from Edwards down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Bass trusted his teammates and got the ball to the right player St the right time.

I did not see that from Edwards down the stretch.
Good point, played hero ball on the last position and didn't make a pass to a teammate for the last shot attempt...

Reaction Score
He scored over half their points. I’m not sure how much more you can ask of him.

Reaction Score
So you don't think Edwards played well and under control when they beat Tennessee in overtime? Tennessee was a better ball club than Virginia. Beat Gonzaga, beat Kentucky twice. What happened last night was Ryan Cline, for whatever reason he did not have a good game.
Ryan Cline did not have a good game because he only took 7 shots. Edwards took 25. You will not beat a good team that way. Back to Tennessee, Purdue let them back in the game. Even there, late in the second half Edwards took a few ill advised shots that made no sense. Listen, the kid is dynamic and absolutely lit it up in the tournament. Still, if I were building a team, he would not be on it. FYI, neither would Russell Westbrook. Me first guys can light up a box score, but will ultimately fall short when you need them the most. 25 shots in a game when you next best player takes 7 is not a recipe for success. Chris Webber said it best late in the game. Edwards came down, took a ridiculous three, and missed. "Its hard to slam the kid because he was making them all night, but is that really the shot you wanted?" The answer was no its not.

Reaction Score
Maybe you have that poster on ignore, the post you quoted was me replying to him saying Edwards blew the game with his hero ball
The one I'd like to put on ignore is ESPN College Gameday. No mention at all of the various short comings by the ref crew. ESPN and the ACC Network are one and the same. Lol

Reaction Score
Edwards shot 56% from the floor on 25 shots. His teammates shot 42% on 30 shots. He also shot 53% from 3 on 19 3-pointers. His teammates shot 30% on 13. He shot 100% from the free throw line, his teammates 50%.

I don't think he should've passed the ball once this game, even though he took a few ill-advised shot.

Reaction Score
Ryan Cline did not have a good game because he only took 7 shots. Edwards took 25. You will not beat a good team that way. Back to Tennessee, Purdue let them back in the game. Even there, late in the second half Edwards took a few ill advised shots that made no sense. Listen, the kid is dynamic and absolutely lit it up in the tournament. Still, if I were building a team, he would not be on it. FYI, neither would Russell Westbrook. Me first guys can light up a box score, but will ultimately fall short when you need them the most. 25 shots in a game when you next best player takes 7 is not a recipe for success. Chris Webber said it best late in the game. Edwards came down, took a ridiculous three, and missed. "Its hard to slam the kid because he was making them all night, but is that really the shot you wanted?" The answer was no its not.
OK

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think Virginia’s about to win it all. Pretty cool after what happened last year

Reaction Score
Edwards shot 56% from the floor on 25 shots. His teammates shot 42% on 30 shots. He also shot 53% from 3 on 19 3-pointers. His teammates shot 30% on 13. He shot 100% from the free throw line, his teammates 50%.

I don't think he should've passed the ball once this game, even though he took a few ill-advised shot.
Fair enough, Then don't be surprised that their season is over. He took a bad three at the end and threw a ridiculous pass to seal it for VA. He kept them in the game, almost won it, and ultimately cost them. None of which is surprising.

Reaction Score

Good point. Arguable, but a good point.

Reaction Score
Michigan State +2.5 all day long. This is where the road ends for Duke.
Not so sure, doesn't izzo have a horrible track record vs coach K? Something like 1-12, something really bad like that. Both are great coaches but K has his number.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
God I hate Kensucky. Please Auburn beat these clowns...

Reaction Score
Did you guys see that SNL weekend update called out Dook for getting away with everything? Classic.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom