Edsall wasn't any better in the beginning | The Boneyard

Edsall wasn't any better in the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He went 4-7, 3-8, 2-9 his first three years.

But he didn't complain that all his problems were Bush's fault like Diaco does. Yeah, Diaco inherited a lot more talent than Edsall. Then again, Edsall didn't say a quarter of the bizarre sh%t that comes out of Diaco's mouth.

So, we'll see. There's always the big SMU game coming up.

Reaction Score
The crazy sheet he says is what worries me. Talk about loving the players, but every chance you get in the media you say they suck? He needs to get in touch with reality with what he says. Surely he doesn't think the players are going to buy into schtick for too long. Halfway through year 2, this team had tuned out P it seemed.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Edsall didn't have 61 D1 scholarship players either...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we competed, we may not have won, but we didn't look totally outmatched and overwhelmed

we didn't look like we didn't belong

I'm not giving up on Bob yet, just saying Randy was way better at the beginning

Reaction Score
You could have included a paragraph about your idiotic ranting about Boyle to give some credibility.
Giving Boyle a chance is idiotic ranting. God you post some stupid things.

So you think Whtimer does better tonight when he can't move the ball against Army?

Oh that's right Whitmer did play tonight. One series, one INT. Sorry to bring reality into it, I know you're allergic.

Reaction Score
we competed, we may not have won, but we didn't look totally outmatched and overwhelmed

Were you saying that when Randy was losing at home to URI?

Reaction Score

We lost by 41 points and got shutout at home. How bad would we have had to be, in your eyes, to look 'totally outmatched and overwhelmed'?

willie99

Reaction Score
We lost by 41 points and got shutout at home. How bad would we have had to be, in your eyes, to look 'totally outmatched and overwhelmed'?

I was talking about the RE era, saying we never looked like we did last night and several other times this year

willie99

Reaction Score
Were you saying that when Randy was losing at home to URI?

please tell me you're not trying to compare the beginning of the two regimes, please

if so, I'm not going to try to reason with you

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"As a collective, we as men came away tonight as a team with a focus on what we began 8 months ago. To insure a future of growth, of dreams and of pride that will grow into something unbelievable. The incredible achievements of our young men will propel the mission into the next decade and that garden of success will be nurtured, yes...nurtured with the love and repect we have for each other as young men and scholars...."

- Bob Diaco on Monday

"We really got our asses kicked tonight and I feel that I owe Husky Nation a huge apology. This will only be spoken next week when we crush skulls in Memphis !!"

- Heard in a dream last night.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Edsall inherited a conference champion and D-1AA playoff team.

Reaction Score
please tell me you're not trying to compare the beginning of the two regimes, please

if so, I'm not going to try to reason with you
I am accurately pointing out that Edsall had some awful records and some awful loses early in his tenure. He hired a high school football coach to be his offensive coordinator. People were all over him. And he never stopped blaming the players. He did it his whole tenure here.

Now, people want to saint him but he he was wound so tight he almost passed out on the sideline when we losing to Buffalo.

So please, although I find Diaco bizarre, he deserves a chance.

Reaction Score
Giving Boyle a chance is idiotic ranting. God you post some stupid things.

So you think Whtimer does better tonight when he can't move the ball against Army?

Oh that's right Whitmer did play tonight. One series, one INT. Sorry to bring reality into it, I know you're allergic.

You took it way farther. You don't get to act like this now after thumping your chest over your purported "track record" concerning our backup QB's over the years.

Reaction Score
You took it way farther. You don't get to act like this now after thumping your chest over your purported "track record" concerning our backup QB's over the years.
My track record is excellent. It is often misrepresented on this board. All I have ever said is that when the starter isn't producing the back deserves a chance --wow radical, huh?

I wanted Edsll to try Orlovsky when Keron Henry couldn't complete a pass.

Pasqualoni said he would play Nebrich in the second quarter against Vandy. He gave him one series even though Mac was terrible. And he nailed him to the bench when Mac went 10 consecutive quarters without leading the team to a single offensive TD. Not just a passing TD, not any kind of TD.

And, then watching Diaco pull Casey in the middle of a successful drive, but he doesn't give Boyle a fair chance even while Whitmer makes mistake after mistake and loses game after game. And, yes, I fairly criticized Whitmer's lack of football playing ability and documented it.

I also think we should be trying different people at KO return. Our returners are not getting it done. They are not producing. Give someone else a chance.

So hell yeah, my track record is just fine. But all I'm really saying (and all I have ever said) is that when the starter don't produce, the back up deserve a FAIR CHANCE.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My track record is excellent. It is often misrepresented on this board. All I have ever said is that when the starter isn't producing the back deserves a chance --wow radical, huh?

I wanted Edsll to try Orlovsky when Keron Henry couldn't complete a pass.

Pasqualoni said he would play Nebrich in the second quarter against Vandy. He gave him one series even though Mac was terrible. And he nailed him to the bench when Mac went 10 consecutive quarters without leading the team to a single offensive TD. Not just a passing TD, not any kind of TD.

And, then watching Diaco pull Casey in the middle of a successful drive, but he doesn't give Boyle a fair chance even while Whitmer makes mistake after mistake and loses game after game. And, yes, I fairly criticized Whitmer's lack of football playing ability and documented it.

I also think we should be trying different people at KO return. Our returners are not getting it done. They are not producing. Give someone else a chance.

So hell yeah, my track record is just fine. But all I'm really saying (and all I have ever said) is that when the starter don't produce, the back deserve a FAIR CHANCE.
Ok - so the backup who was promoted to starter doesn't produce, now what?

Reaction Score
Ok - so the backup who was promoted to starter doesn't produce, now what?
I would continue to start Boyle. Maybe he improves. If not you have a back up with experience in Diaco's system next year. Hey, the season is lost at this point.

And let there be an open competition in the spring. Every now and then I day dream that Whitmer didn't return and Kivon Taylor had stayed and was fabulous.

Regardless, it's too soon to pull the plug on Diaco. But somebody (Warde) better get on his butt about game planning and prioritizing winning over culture.

Reaction Score
I give Arkeel a lot of credit for trying to return kicks with the piss poor blocking he gets time after time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But I am right.

In your own mind sure.

You pushed for 7-8 games of Orlovsky in 2001. They went 2-10 and you lost his 2005 season for it.

So yes I guess that makes you a super genius.

Your continued point on Boyle can only be right in your mind. He's had chances. He can't play. Playing him makes it nearly impossible to score a touchdown nevermind win a game.

He gets a fair chance every day in practice. I know you want to compare Iverson's attitude towards practice to a college football team but it only makes you seem more insane to anyone rational.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I told sportsart after the USF game two seasons ago I thought Boyle looked awful when him and others pronounced him the second coming. Him and half the board got their panties in a bunch.

I don't point that out to claim I was right, because who wants to be right about the failings of our guys, I point it out because others have faced reality and realized he sucks yet you still are here banging the drum every goddam day. Give it a rest.

Reaction Score

Yes we did. We absolutely did.

But Edsall was starting from a very different place. We could afford a long process then. We can't now.

Reaction Score
Arkeel needs to learn to catch the ball with his momentum going forward. On almost every return he catches the ball while back pedaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom