ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn | Page 13 | The Boneyard

ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, should I avoid posting this guy's stuff in the future? I see some of these tweets, do a quick poster-viability check & then repost it here. But if the guy's a fraud, I'll just block him.
Yeah might as well block him. he’s not legit.

Reaction Score
jiggity GIF
kramer thumbs up GIF by HULU

Reaction Score
Well well well

At flemings steakhouse for a birthday dinner and who is at the table next to us.

Dan Hurley, Andre Jackson, Jordan Hawkins, Tristen Newton and family. That was a pleasant surprise
Thought Capital Grille was the closing place??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just a reminder, Ja Morant was an “Ohio Valley level guy”
Is this guy on the same level as Jamel Morant? :p ;)
Murray State is a better program than ECU
There's a lot of good players in the smaller schools.
I wish there was a better caliber of guards in this year's portal but Newton appears to be among the better guards so why not - one thing he needs to do is cut down on the turnovers. He definitely had some impressive scoring games

Reaction Score
Well well well

At flemings steakhouse for a birthday dinner and who is at the table next to us.

Dan Hurley, Andre Jackson, Jordan Hawkins, Tristen Newton and family. That was a pleasant surprise
Being recruited by Dan Hurley must feel awesome. If he wants you he damn well makes sure you know how much he does.

Reaction Score
I bet to differ on this. Cole might not have had Boatright's athleticism but he was also a lot stronger and shiftier with his change of pace dribble. He aslo was a better passer. Boatright's problem was he was solely a 2 guaard in a PG body. Yes he could dribble an make a good pass but he didn't have any real PG instincts. Both great players in their own right and different.
Boatright had that burst that Jim talks about that a PG should ideally have, but I get the point he may not have been the most creative passer. His mom and uncle told Chief that his sister ran track at the University of Arkansas, so the speed burst was a family thing.

Reaction Score
So 2 questions …
1. Who do we compare him to?
2. Upside potential could be similar to ?

Is he like a Sterling Gibbs with upside potential of poor man’s Jalen Adams?

I haven’t watched much film, curious to know your take ..

Reaction Score
Just a question. Will better players around him help to bring down his turnovers?
Depends on the type of turnovers he made. He had 3 a game or thereabouts. So, if he dribbled it off his foot or stepped out of bounds bringing the ball upcourt, or overthrew his man, then better other players won't prevent those turnovers.

Better players around him will come to the ball if he is doubled, giving him a clear view to pass it to them, so he doesn't travel or throw away a pass when guarded without help from his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom