ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
100%. Boatright and Cole are similar in size, but not the same player. As you said, every 50 Cole's, there's 1 Boat. Boat's reverse layup at the rim was lethal.

Already forgot about Diggins lol, so maybe Hurley actually doesn't have a preference.
I bet to differ on this. Cole might not have had Boatright's athleticism but he was also a lot stronger and shiftier with his change of pace dribble. He aslo was a better passer. Boatright's problem was he was solely a 2 guaard in a PG body. Yes he could dribble an make a good pass but he didn't have any real PG instincts. Both great players in their own right and different.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't know why people on here would make up stories about what Hurley did or didn't say to players. They have no idea.

So let me ask this for the people who believe he told Diggins and Gaffney they wouldn't play next year. Or that he might have told them they're the starting pg next year if he wanted them to be.

First, from what we've seen from Hurley does he seem like the type who would blatantly tell a player they wouldn't play next season? He seems to tell players what they would need to do to get on the court more next season. Doesn't that seem more like him?

Second, do you ever think he would tell a player that they have a certain position locked up for next season? Of course not. We've heard it from multiple recruits and players that he tells them they need to work for their playing time. Right?

Obviously Diggins and Gaffney had bad experiences this past season because they weren't good enough to play more. And they didn't see that changing next year. So they left. End of story.
This is exactly my point all along.

Not sure where this narrative came from that Hurley just told the only 2 PGs on the roster they definitely would not play. He doesn't say that about definitely playing, why would he be the biggest jerk on the planet and tell a kid he recruited and has worked with for year(s) they have no chance at playing? That's usually not how these conversations go, but definitely not in this situation. They weren't kids we were pushing out the door, even if we were recruiting over them.

The last sentence is how I've been trying to phrase the whole scenario and haven't had the mental clarity to do it - so thanks, that's exactly how I see it happened.

Reaction Score
I really like Cole, but Boat was a completely different type of player. Despite his size, Boat threw down many dunks while in a UConn uniform. I don't recall Cole ever dunking. Great player, just nowhere near the athlete that Boat was.
Yeah nobody was calling Cole a great Athlete though Cole is a lot stronger than Boatright and could take hits a lot better and thus some of his tough 2's while driving. Boat just could beat people off the dribble and rise. He didn't have the change of pace game though that Cole had. Both are different type of players but great in their own rights.

Reaction Score
Do transfers get official visits in addition to the ones they got for their initial recruitment or must they pay their own way?

Reaction Score
I bet to differ on this. Cole might not have had Boatright's athleticism but he was also a lot stronger and shiftier with his change of pace dribble. He aslo was a better passer. Boatright's problem was he was solely a 2 guaard in a PG body. Yes he could dribble an make a good pass but he didn't have any real PG instincts. Both great players in their own right and different.
Saying Cole is shiftier than Boatright is laughable.

Reaction Score

This is maybe the worst analysis I've ever seen of Boatright, and this website has been a reliable font of terrible analysis of Boatright for years. Beautifully done. No notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom