Durham | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enoch is great at sealing and getting deep position, but Facey has the best post moves on the team.
Not saying much when Facey who we never want getting the ball in the low post having the best post moves

Reaction Score
enoch is shooting 9/27 from the field, almost entirely on his 'great post moves'. he's not the 'best' at anything on the team.
He definitely leads the team in getting lost on defense

Reaction Score
enoch is shooting 9/27 from the field, almost entirely on his 'great post moves'. he's not the 'best' at anything on the team.
He's not the best at sealing his man?

Reaction Score
He's not going to be the same player he is today in March either, though. By the end of this year, maybe the jump to "relevancy" won't be that far at all. We're only one week into December.

The conventional wisdom on Enoch when he came in was that he was very, very raw but had the potential to be outstanding. I haven't seen anything to suggest that the conventional wisdom was wrong. He still needs work on his defense, but it's clearly improved from last year. His rebounding is improved. The potential for his offensive game is leaps and bounds beyond anything our other bigs can provide. He just needs to hit a few shots and get confidence. The past board narrative that Enoch has 'slow feet' is ridiculous. He's very athletic.

It's been posted that the benefit of only having 8 guys is that they'll all get PT. I agree. The only real consistent issue I've had with KO over the last few years is that he doesn't play his young bigs enough. I understand the concern about their defense, but the only way to really improve is to get PT in games. This was an issue with Facey, Lubin and Enoch last year. But it's not going to be an issue this year.

I think we'll be very pleased with Enoch by March.

Reaction Score
He definitely leads the team in getting lost on defense

Which is exactly where Brimah and Facey were as soph's. You can tell me all about the blocks and DPOY on Brimah but besides the blocks he had no clue where to be on defense and lost his man often, actually still does. So does Facey, but they are doing other things sometimes to make some of you believe they are now excellent.:confused: Up to Steve to do the same in the next 2 1/3 years we will see.

Hey Steve's lost, no doubt, can't block shots to make up for his shortcomings I agree so less of an impact than either Brimah and Facey were at this point. But he still has time I know I won't give up on him. He can catch, he can make a move and a strong one so that's something to start with.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone thinks of excellence concerning anything Amida or Facey does on the court Mau , its just a little bit better than before.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
He's not assertive, Jackson that is, when he catches at the 3 pt line covered he should drive if he can. Don't know if he can do that without getting stripped but I think he has touch for midrange shots and good hands inside.
I would like to see him replace DHam on the penetrating lob to Brimah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom