Durham | The Boneyard

Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First time he came in the game he looked like a deer in headlights. Second time he came in the game, and thereafter, he looked like a stud.

Nice touch on his shot, hits the offensive glass aggressively, has tremendous athleticism for his size. And I loved, loved, loved when he gratuitously mixed it up with Lydon.

Off his recruiting tapes, I thought he'd be a 4/5 exclusively but watching him actually move on the court he can play some 3.

The kid needs as much run as we think his knees can take. 50/50 chance he's our best player in March.

Reaction Score
durham is so legit i was kind of going crazy in the chat. he is not there defensively, but the guy is clearly a 'basketball player'. had a lot of natural moves in the triple threat vs the zone in the middle, dude just looks natural as hell out there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I can guarantee he won't be our best player come March but he showed a lot of promise out there tonight. Loved that he was confident enough to put up the shots and even call for the ball too.

Out of everyone I'm very excited about his development.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He is really killer in the back of the zone. He covers a bunch of area from the block to the corner 3 and out to the wing 3.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He'll be giving teams fits in conference play. Cincy and SMU seem to be the only ones that could potentially match up with him.

Reaction Score
Yeah not to pile on the masturbation wagon, but he's the GUY who's stuck out the most to me in this class. Smooth, athletic, covers a lot of space.. shows confidence quickly. Vital is just a guy I LIKE here for four years who can play your third guard and mesh in a lot of different rotations. Durham is the guy in this group that could really emerge into a stud.

Reaction Score
No doubt Durham will be a great player for us before his time here is up. Keep in mind the kid went from not playing ball for 1.5 years to playing at a high Division 1 level. I expected him to not be fully ready. His time will come.

Reaction Score
Funny, I'm rooting for him big-time, but I thought he was too tentative on his shot & didn't take enough of them. I missed the first half unfortunately and only saw the second, so maybe in the first half he made more shots or seemed more decisive. When I say tentative, what I mean is he would get the ball inside the zone, and rather than turn around and take a good fairly close shot, he'd pass the ball outside again to a teammate. I thought perhaps he was still getting his feet wet & any time on the court has to be a good thing for someone who doesn't play much & is coming back from injury.

Reaction Score
Durham and Gilbert were the studs to lead this good and deep class. Gilbert seemed to show he would have been there from day 1. Durham may take this whole season to really get the rust off and be comfortable that he can move without blowing a knee out, but there is no question that he has the tools to be an NBA player. They just have to be developed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's clear the skills are there and he just needs to get fully up to speed again. One play really impressed me: Durham was helping down low on defense when Cuse had the ball in the post, and the ball was passed out to Lydon at the top of the key (Durham's man on D). Durham closed out, and it looked like he might overclose, and Lydon up faked, then drove the ball. But Durham was able to recover, and stayed right with Lydon, and I'm pretty sure Lydon put up a shot and missed due to Durham being right on him. It was a terrific display of defensive instincts and athleticism. Kid is gonna be a good one.

Reaction Score
It is cliché.

But for Enoch and Facey ... and we did see this with Durham particularly, MAKE A SHOT. Suddenly the confidence gets going, they get a sweat and they are into the game. I see both Facey and Durham showing a little more consistency from here.

Reaction Score
Enoch must be able to make shots in the paint in practice to have the freedom to try to make plays in the paint in games. Maybe it's just a matter of having one good game and then seeing things click.

But man, he seems like a long way from helping us when he is on the floor.

Reaction Score
Enoch must be able to make shots in the paint in practice to have the freedom to try to make plays in the paint in games. Maybe it's just a matter of having one good game and then seeing things click.

But man, he seems like a long way from helping us when he is on the floor.

Enoch is not ... Justin Brown or Nantambu Willingham. He is a legit 6-11 250lb man-child. I watched him closely in Maui and he has very capable hands and feet. This level is about confidence and ... Kevin Ollie ... playing him as a Starter and giving him minutes to get him some feel is the way to play him. He may never develop. But he is going to have me yearning for more and more. He is a baby King Kong. And YES ... making shots at 10 feet is the start.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Enoch is not ... Justin Brown or Nantambu Willingham. He is a legit 6-11 250lb man-child. I watched him closely in Maui and he has very capable hands and feet. This level is about confidence and ... Kevin Ollie ... playing him as a Starter and giving him minutes to get him some feel is the way to play him. He may never develop. But he is going to have me yearning for more and more. He is a baby King Kong. And YES ... making shots at 10 feet is the start.
Just want to say re: Enoch... someone's clearly gotten into him about the importance of boxing out. I think we actually rebound better with him on the floor now because he just immediately puts a body on the guy nearest him.

It's a subtle thing, and honestly it's a thing you shouldn't have to teach a sophomore in college... but it is what it is. And for us it's been a positive step in his long road to development.

Reaction Score
Question about Durham's weight. He looks to be 185 soaking wet.

Reaction Score
Just want to say re: Enoch... someone's clearly gotten into him about the importance of boxing out. I think we actually rebound better with him on the floor now because he just immediately puts a body on the guy nearest him.

It's a subtle thing, and honestly it's a thing you shouldn't have to teach a sophomore in college... but it is what it is. And for us it's been a positive step in his long road to development.

Good catch noticed that a couple times, we came up with a rebound or 2 which hit the ground because all Huskies were boxing, good sign. He still shows me things here and there, just needs to break out because on the offensive end he's close.

Reaction Score
Durham and Gilbert were the studs to lead this good and deep class. Gilbert seemed to show he would have been there from day 1. Durham may take this whole season to really get the rust off and be comfortable that he can move without blowing a knee out, but there is no question that he has the tools to be an NBA player. They just have to be developed.
Thats why all these injuries make me sick to my stomach. Can you imagine Durham,Gil and Larrier healthy and running at 100%?!!! All 3 of those guys a stud talents and its a shame that theyve been held back by injury. Diarra i havent seen but ive read hes a talented rebounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom