Durham transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Honestly at this point I kind of hope Oz IS right, despite how annoying he can come off.

I'd rather we be cleaning house than us being cleaned out due to our own issues. At this point I'm going to embrace his words "we need pros here, if you aren't that or willing to work?" Seriously then peace out.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine this kid was asked to leave. First of all, he'd be the only returning front court player. Secondly, he was still coming back from his knee injury and some were speculating that he was going to redshirt this past season to help him recover. I can't imagine Ollie would ask him to leave based on his work ethic or commitment level given the disastrous state of the program. He'd have to be a really lazy son of a gun to be asked to leave, which I guess is possible. We stuck with him through all his injuries, now we're going to bail on him after one season? At worst he'd give us depth in the front court.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
upload_2017-4-3_13-5-34.png

Reaction Score
Then Ollie needs to tell him to control himself or stop giving him information.
Agreed. Ollie has to know hes releasing inside info. I mean they follow each other on twitter

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
If I'm another school, I'm saying "UCONN is going to stick you in the back and plaster it all over the internet. Come here, we actually care about you."

You think any other schools have any clue as to who the hell Oz is? Don't kid yourself. If they want to negatively recruit against us there is a laundry list of items they can choose from before they even try to dig up some tweets/message boards post by an insider/friend of KO

Reaction Score
Top reporter told me yesterday that alot of this was planned and needed. Vague but interesting

Looks like Ollie is on the hot seat and wants to win next year. Maybe this helps land the juco kid or that other Euro prospect.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
There's got to be someone in the press who knows what's going on. Beat guys or Jacobs. They probably just won't publish it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So 99 can say report it was planned but Oz cant(besides the softies tweet of course)

Yeah, he was vague. And wasn't referring to just Durham. No need to put the kid on blast on the internet.

Reaction Score
This is the red wedding for uconn

Is that a good metaphor?

Because either side of that wedding ended up in a bad spot. If Ollie is Frey, then is he going to be lulled and eventually ended by an associate of one of the kids on the outs? If Ollie is Roos Bolton, is Chillious going to end him? If Ollie and UConn are the Starks, then it's going to be 10 years and a very long winter before the Starks (Steve Pikiell as Jon Snow at the Siberian wasteland known as Rutgers) come back into being a national power.

Reaction Score
Anyone know when the spring signing period is? It seems like it's rapidly approaching and we're returning, what? 5 guys?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1 - Oz does need to shut #&K up. Regardless of whether he does or does not know what happened here, what's going on with a kid who is ~20 years old should not be public information

2 - We do not need to know the details. If my 21 year old ended up changing schools, whether it was his decision or the school's decision, nobody outside of a very select few need to know what happened. If my son was a scholarship athlete at a high profile program I would feel the same way. It's none of our damned business.

3 - Some of us need to step away from the ledge. We survived losing Andre Drummond after one year. If we can't survive losing this kid after one year we likely wouldn't be able to survive even if he stayed.

Reaction Score

Not sure he should be saying stuff like this.

Why Not? If its true, let us know why he was asked to leave and it sounds like the kid did not have the work ethic needed to be a UCONN player.

This kid was thoroughly unimpressive and from what it sounds like, not a loss.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he was vague. And wasn't referring to just Durham. No need to put the kid on blast on the internet.
Vague really? Callimg him sodt is out of line. But saying he was asked to leave isnt, especially from an insider just reporting news. His job isnt to say whats nice. We apl trusted Oz because he always reported the truth. If anyone is at fault its KO not Oz

Reaction Score
I have not read any of the replies and maybe this comes off as hypocritical given some of the stuff I've posted in the past week, but...I have a problem with this. Here is a kid who Ollie raved about any chance he got and was willing to redshirt him, a kid slated to play big minutes for next years team, a dude who, more than anything needs reps after almost three years without being fully healthy. And he's going to sit out another year rather than lacing them up for a coach and a point guard ready to run through a wall for him.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have a hard time rooting for this kid.

Reaction Score
I have not read any of the replies and maybe this comes off as hypocritical given some of the stuff I've posted in the past week, but...I have a problem with this. Here is a kid who Ollie raved about any chance he got and was willing to redshirt him, a kid slated to play big minutes for next years team, a dude who, more than anything needs reps after almost three years without being fully healthy. And he's going to sit out another year rather than lacing them up for a coach and a point guard ready to run through a wall for him.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have a hard time rooting for this kid.
According to Oz he was asked to leavs

Reaction Score
I hate losing all of these kids, but, if Ollie is really cleaning house - fine. I'll trust that this is part of his growing pains as a young coach. I'll hope these experiences make him stronger as a coach, especially in his recruiting.
He now knows not to take kids with overbearing parents or kids that don't show the same determination to be great and work that he expects. This time around was definitely on him - but it won't happen again or he will have no excuse. I think he'll learn from this and be better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You think any other schools have any clue as to who the hell Oz is? Don't kid yourself. If they want to negatively recruit against us there is a laundry list of items they can choose from before they even try to dig up some tweets/message boards post by an insider/friend of KO

Absolutely. Dude, one of the most important parts of programs now is to monitor social media and use it to whatever advantage to recruit kids. Football programs have guys dedicated to that very thing. You're kidding yourself if you don't think schools will use every advantage possible.

Edit: maybe not know who Oz is directly, but word gets out. The 'meme' gets out there. All this stuff should be kept in house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle