Durham transferring | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top reporter told me yesterday that alot of this was planned and needed. Vague but interesting

Something was hideously wrong in two areas this year. Selfishness on offense. And the complete breakdown of the defense. Overblown egos and lack of hard work can explain the two most glaring deficits of the team.

It also means the players did not buy into Ollie. Not all of them, but enough of them.

They were the exact opposite of those unheralded players from 3 years ago who seemed to hustle like crazy.

Reaction Score
Top reporter told me yesterday that alot of this was planned and needed. Vague but interesting

I could see this being the case. This offseason activity has been too chaotic not to be planned.

Maybe the chips start falling our way on Thursday with Diarra's visit

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

This doesn't in any way absolve Ollie of a shred of blame. He recruited each of those players to the program, and in doing so I'd imagine he knew full well their work ethic, family interference, etc. If he was oblivious to these things, he didn't do his homework. If he knew and took a risk, he's reaping the seeds he's sown.

Reaction Score
Well let's hope there's a plan then lol. Maybe KO's no more Mr nice guy on the recruiting trail is carrying over to the bench too

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

Interesting if true. I think we should give time for the situation to iron out. I have friends still at the University, and I have heard from the scout team and etc. that many of the players were not committed to the cause. After losing to Wagner they did not put in the effort and did not see themselves as a serious contender. Ollie likely noticed, and if husky99 was told that this was planned, I'd like to think he took action. Ollie deserves the chance to make things right.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Major difference in my eyes. It's one thing for Oz to talk about potential transfers to his heart's content, but revealing that a kid was asked to leave rather than left on his own volition and then following it by disparaging him in another tweet is definitely not the right thing to do. It doesn't appear Durham has done anything to warrant that kind of treatment and if KO wants to clarify the situation he should step up himself and discuss Durham's reasons for leaving, rather than potentially feeding it to a third party, unsanctioned mouthpiece.

Let's call it what it is. Asinine.

If I'm another school, I'm saying "UCONN is going to stick you in the back and plaster it all over the internet. Come here, we actually care about you."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It makes no sense to move this kid along, even if he was another medical case.

Then again it makes no sense for the kid to leave either. He showed real flashes inside but almost nothing outside. I hope this isn't another big man with small man syndrome. He's not a stretch 4. He is a power 4 or a 5.

Reaction Score
I dont want to get into this discussion again because ive done so before. But Oz isnt ollie's msnger. Oz is a fan that has info. I wont argue that calling durham soft was out of lind because it was. But saying he was asked to leave is not out of bounds to me
Then Ollie needs to tell him to control himself or stop giving him information.

Reaction Score
Just waiting for the avalanche of articles crushing our program...this is unreal WTF is going on in Storrs? KO was wrong on all these players? Couldn't get them to play team ball? Really???? It can't just be the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom