Duke transfers - Azura Stevens, Angela Salvadores | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke transfers - Azura Stevens, Angela Salvadores

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Now on Duke's website:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.d...846&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210855391&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Check out the quote from Stevens (emphasis mine):

“My experience at Duke has been amazing,” said Stevens. “I would like to thank the staff and the Blue Devil community for all their support over the last two years. At this time, I feel it would be best for my basketball career go in a different direction.”
Orang, sounds like Azura wants to win a championship of some kind. " I feel it would be best for my basketball career to go in a different direction."................Many kids realize , sometimes late , that they really want to be on that BIG stage and win a trophy and championship of some kind before their college career is over. They know that they may have Pro potential , but they want to handle that NCAA Championship Trophy just once before their college career is over. In many respects you can't blame them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably right. Aside from Stevens and Salvadores.. Who actually left Duke? I need a refresher...
You would have to quantify "high profile" to get an accurate answer.
UCONN transfers in last 2 years (Edwards, Boykin, & Banks)
UNC transfers in the past 2 Years ( Mavunga, DeShields, Washington, & Gray)
Louisville transfers in the past 2 Years ( Cole, Deines)
Duke transfers in the past 2 Years (Calhoun, Jones, Holland, Salvadores & Stevens) * Lexi Brown transferred in.
Kentucky transfers in the past 2 Years (Goodin-Rogers, Harper, Rowe & Rich)
Baylor transfers in past 2 years (Small, Buckner, Wright)

Reaction Score
Duke... Under performing... Mass Exodus.... well (Mini) Exodus... They need to bring back Gail... stat....

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Probably right. Aside from Stevens and Salvadores.. Who actually left Duke? I need a refresher...

From the 2012 recruiting class, Alexis Jones and Sierra Moore (both MCDAAs)
From the 2013 recruiting class, Kiana Holland
From the 2014 recruiting class, Azura Stevens and MCDAA Sierra Calhoun
From the 2015 recruiting class, Angela Salvadores

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Orang, sounds like Azura wants to win a championship of some kind. " I feel it would be best for my basketball career to go in a different direction."......Many kids realize , sometimes late , that they really want to be on that BIG stage and win a trophy and championship of some kind before their college career is over. They know that they may have Pro potential , but they want to handle that NCAA Championship Trophy just once before their college career is over. In many respects you can't blame them.

Yeah, that's the way it sounded to me, too. Either she wanted to go to a team that was more capable of winning trophies or she didn't feel she was getting good enough coaching to develop.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You would have to quantify "high profile" to get an accurate answer.
UCONN transfers in last 2 years (Edwards, Boykin, & Banks)
UNC transfers in the past 2 Years ( Mavunga, DeShields, Washington, & Gray)
Louisville transfers in the past 2 Years ( Cole, Deines)
Duke transfers in the past 2 Years (Calhoun, Jones, Holland, Salvadores & Stevens) * Lexi Brown transferred in.
Kentucky transfers in the past 2 Years (Goodin-Rogers, Harper, Rowe & Rich)
Baylor transfers in past 2 years (Small, Buckner, Wright)

Thanks. Did they ever release where Kyvin Goodin-Rogers transferred to? She was pretty good at Kentucky..

Reaction Score
Does coach JPM survive this?

Is her contract up yet? Her contract goes thru 2018-2019. Think she is getting around 600k a year. Doubt they let her go early...

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is her contract up yet? Doubt they let her go early...

I think I read somewhere that she has one more year left on the contract.

Reaction Score
By my count, Duke now has 9 returnees and 1 recruit coming in?

Brown (Jr) - Lambert (So) - Primm (So) - Greenwell (Jr) - Chidom (Sr) as a small starting 5?
Slocum (Fr) - Gorecki (So) - Suggs (So) - Belton (So) - Mathias (Jr) on the bench

Duke has also had a lot of injuries. They better hope for some health.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Orang, sounds like Azura wants to win a championship of some kind. " I feel it would be best for my basketball career to go in a different direction."......Many kids realize , sometimes late , that they really want to be on that BIG stage and win a trophy and championship of some kind before their college career is over. They know that they may have Pro potential , but they want to handle that NCAA Championship Trophy just once before their college career is over. In many respects you can't blame them.
Stop. We aren't going to speculate about what a player is thinking or feeling. It is a slippery slope that only leads down hill.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
just looked it up, 3 year left...

Yep, you're right; through 2018-19. That's a long time on a sinking ship.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is a shocker for sure. The Duke AD really needs to take a long, hard look on keeping JPM. She is driving the program into irrelevance fast.

As to Stevens, would really like to see her in a UCONN uniform but I don't expect it to happen.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
By my count, Duke now has 9 returnees and 1 recruit coming in?

Brown (Jr) - Lambert (So) - Primm (So) - Greenwell (Jr) - Chidom (Sr) as a small starting 5?
Slocum (Fr) - Gorecki (So) - Suggs (So) - Belton (So) - Mathias (Jr) on the bench

Duke has also had a lot of injuries. They better hope for some health.
You are missing Kendall Cooper who might return to the team at some point.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I fully expect Stevens to go somewhere most of us aren't expecting...

Maybe a Cal or Michigan.. Cal based on her friendship with Anigwe.. Michigan because of Barnes-Arrico, her former coach.

Transfer season has not been kind to my Gamecocks this year.. but something about it gets my excitement levels up anyway. I just hope we've lost everybody we're going to lose.

Reaction Score
It is hard to t

Washington
O.K. I have the flu! I can't figure out why I could not edit my original post or why the quote here is incomplete. Anyway, it appears I included "Washington" as the fifth transfer when Washington was already on the list.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I fully expect Stevens to go somewhere most of us aren't expecting...

Maybe a Cal or Michigan.. Cal based on her friendship with Anigwe.. Michigan because of Barnes-Arrico, her former coach.
Was thinking same thing reference Cal. Anigwe, Stevens, & Inoescu would be quite the trio!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Was thinking same thing reference Cal. Anigwe, Stevens, & Inoescu would be quite the trio!

Would be fun if there was some west coast school that consistently got a big chunk of the west coast talent the way that Baylor and Texas have got much of the top Texas talent in the last few classes. Can't be Stanford because some kids won't have the grades.

Maybe Cal could be that team. Purely for entertainment value, I want Ionescu to choose Cal. I would make it a point to stay up late to watch her and Anigwe play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom