Duke nabs Lynee Belton; now #1 class? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Duke nabs Lynee Belton; now #1 class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Wonkster...."Now we understand McCallie's strategy against UConn after this year - surround Stewart with 7 freshmen."

lol....that didn't work for Lithuania (26 pts), China (20 pts), France (22 pts) or Australia (23 pts).....and they had better freshmen....;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn is stacked and opposing coaches are selling playing time to recruits....yawn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's Smarty Pants to you. ;)
Hey, want to let Vowelguy he should take me off ignore? I have questions on the 2014 rankings and on top of that, he is missing all my good posts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hey, want to let Vowelguy he should take me off ignore? I have questions on the 2014 rankings and on top of that, he is missing all my good posts.
It's his loss.

Reaction Score
Yes Fightin Choke and I know N.D. is in the ACC, they also have (1) championship to their credit. So now the ACC has (2) national Championships to their credit and we HAVE EIGHT

Reaction Score
As a very loyal UConn huskies fan, I have no worries about the future of our women's basketball team, they have nothing else to prove to anybody, they've done it all with a string of all americans, 8 championships and of course a great coaching stuff. We have a great team starting with Stewart and Lewis ranked #1's coming out of high school along with the other hard working and determined women in Dolson, Hartley, Jefferson, Tuck, Banks, Chong and Stokes. We have great players and need I remind everybody, that everybody else wanted them to play for their programs. AAC or not UConn will always be and forever a powerhouse program. Duke might be getting some great players, but honestly all I can think of is what happened at Rutgers a few years ago, when they got all those top players and where are they now? not even playing for Vivian's team. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So people need to stop doubting UConn and the AAC cause we ain't going nowhere!!! The can keep those kids we already got the best of the best!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
. Duke might be getting some great players, but honestly all I can think of is what happened at Rutgers a few years ago, when they got all those top players and where are they now? not even playing for Vivian's team. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. !

Please dont ever put Duke in the same category as Rutgers.....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Never thought I would see a post associating the word "only" with a group like Stewart, Tuck and Stokes.
It's not the talent, just a numbers game. One injury and you have KML or Ekmark in the post. Not really where you want them.

Reaction Score
Belton is #15 composite, giving the Blue Devils #11, 15, 25, 77. Using my (imperfect) formula, the Dukies now have the top class [so far].
Uconn has so far #7, #8 and #39. I am not ready to concede the top class to Duke, based on 11, 15, 25, and 77. That dog doesn't hunt.

Reaction Score
Uconn has so far #7, #8 and #39. I am not ready to concede the top class to Duke, based on 11, 15, 25, and 77. That dog doesn't hunt.

Did I not say thus far?
Did I not say using my imperfect formula?

And Uconn has 8, 13, 16.

Reaction Score
Duke gettin' it done. I have Duke at # 2 in the nation this upcoming season. Looks like they will be number 2 for the next few years also.;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I look forward to hearing the real reasons for her choice, soon then, unless you would like to offer us a less cryptic teaser. Are you implying that McCallie is painting a more appealing scenario to recruits than Geno or Muffet? Becca Greenwell had narrowed her schools to Duke and ND last fall and eventually selected Duke, citing a better chance to win NC's. So maybe McCallie is a very good salesperson, as I'm not sure that Duke's odds of a NC are that much better than ND's (especially if Greenwell had chosen the Irish).

Maybe McCallie threatens to tweet about them if they don't choose Duke.

Reaction Score
Did I not say thus far?
Did I not say using my imperfect formula?

And Uconn has 8, 13, 16.
Depends on which site you look at. HOOPGURLZ, has Uconn recruits 7,8, and 39.......which means, none of the rankings mean a thing..

Reaction Score
Maybe McCallie threatens to tweet about them if they don't choose Duke.
I personally think for some girls, it is a "me" situation. They go where "they" think they will get more playing time.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I personally think for some girls, it is a "me" situation. They go where "they" think they will get more playing time.....

I would surmise that more playing time would be available at UCONN than Duke in the case of Belton. After all.. you guys will have maybe five PF/C types on the roster, whereas Duke will have 12 :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom