Duke is going to beat South Carolina? | The Boneyard

Duke is going to beat South Carolina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
up by 10 with 1 minute to go

and KT slight lead over Louisville....

Reaction Score
Duke played lights out from the little that I saw.

Sc on the otherhand looked sloppy, lazy and little fire. Seemed like they were trying to force it down low but the guards for Duke collapsed expecting the passes.

Looked to be one of those games where the lesser played their absolute best and the more talented didnt perform.

I think this season is UConn's to lose, just now it could happen unlike the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
Saw parts of the game. Duke played very well. Good boost for the players to get back in the mix of teams that can create some excitement against teams considered automatic winners.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
At the game. Now. .

The post game burger and ride back home is gonna be extra nice :)

Congrats on the win! Great game today. Duke played with fire and urgency... I knew after we lost the lead in the 1st quarter that this wasn't going to be a good day for us. Hope this catapults ya'll to a great season.

I really really really like that Leanna Odom... she's SO good and only a freshmen. Man what a player.. I love her game. Greenwell was Greenwell, impressive as usual and obviously improved. Duke is better than unranked.

Reaction Score
Absolutely disappointed in Today's display. SC didn't show any hustle or fight at all. Dawn got out coached by McCallie and everything went wrong. Hats off to Duke and they played a complete game. Dawn needs to chew the team out and let them know that they are not invincible and can lose any night like today. Also she needs DEFENSE to be a point of emphasis!!! No way in hell Greenwell should have scored 29 I mean really ?? A'ja and Alaina played far from All Americans today just truly out hustled the team as a whole looked tired after picking up serious mileage in 3 straight away games. but once again congrats to Duke they are a top 25 team. I do think we are still a Final Four team but we must get better at defense and team play.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It's my fault because I stayed home to go to our MBB game. :(

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
What was the technical at the end?? Can't find what happened?

Didn't Duke and Souh Carolina have a close game last year?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Easily the best win by Coach P in her 10 years at Duke. On paper, Duke isn't a bad team. Their starting 5 were all top 15 in their class, and they have more high school All Americans on the bench. Huge win for the program--maybe this is the year they finally put together a good squad. Having a top notch point guard can make all the difference.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Even with Duke up by 8 with 1:30 to play, I still had faith in McCallie finding a way to blow it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Excellent game by Duke and really a great win. Before today's game, I thought SC might be the best team in WCBB. But that doesn't appear to be the case.
I was close to thinking that too. Time to reassess. I'm shocked. That's Duke's best game in a long while.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was close to thinking that too. Time to reassess. I'm shocked. That's Duke's best game in a long while.

Seriously, when was the last time Duke got a win this significant? I truly can't remember.

Reaction Score
What was the technical at the end?? Can't find what happened?

Didn't Duke and Souh Carolina have a close game last year?

It was 2 years ago - the 1-point come-from-behind win by South Carolina, at Duke. The same day UConn lost to Stanford in OT. SC was No. 1 for several weeks following, until the game at Gambel in Feb. 2015. Don't recall if last year's game at Columbia was close.

Reaction Score
Duke played lights out from the little that I saw.

Sc on the otherhand looked sloppy, lazy and little fire. Seemed like they were trying to force it down low but the guards for Duke collapsed expecting the passes.

Looked to be one of those games where the lesser played their absolute best and the more talented didnt perform.

I think this season is UConn's to lose, just now it could happen unlike the past couple of years.
Same thing that happened to South Carolina last year against Syracuse, pressure the guards, make them take contested outside shots, and they lose. Dawn needs to change up her game plan of pound it down low, when that gets in trouble, she hasn't got a backup plan.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Seriously, when was the last time Duke got a win this significant? I truly can't remember.

Well, a tweet from ESPNW just answered my question: first top-3 win for Duke since 2009 (over Ohio State).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom