Duke is going to beat South Carolina? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke is going to beat South Carolina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game because I was at our men's game, but from looking at the stats sheet, we jacked up way too many threes.

Reaction Score
It needs to be more of a balance offensively, more screen action for Gray and Davis. They have to be able to drive and take players of the dribble instead of just jacking up threes the whole game. Yes pounding the ball inside is our bread and butter but when we play teams like UCONN,ND, and Baylor who can defend it where else is our points going to come from? Also defensively we must get better! Gray and Davis needs to be more discipline. I understand Harris is a good defender but she is still young and shouldn't have to stop the opposing teams best player every game when she has veteran players along side her. Davis, Gray, and Cuevas needs to step up and realize the time is now to play with heart, fire, and determination every game or it's just going to be another BUST!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Congrats on the win! Great game today. Duke played with fire and urgency... I knew after we lost the lead in the 1st quarter that this wasn't going to be a good day for us. Hope this catapults ya'll to a great season.

I really really really like that Leanna Odom... she's SO good and only a freshmen. Man what a player.. I love her game. Greenwell was Greenwell, impressive as usual and obviously improved. Duke is better than unranked.
I watched her play in her high school teams state championship game last season. She looked good for one half. Her teammate, who signed with another D1 team, took over in the second half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Enjoy, amigo!

I took a picture of my ticket stub in front of 1/2 pound hamburger and fries..... but with these new cameras... the pics are so large and it was too big for me to upload it here. I always get a big burger... a side of fries and a Dr Pepper after every Sunday Duke game I attend..... but considering the opponent today was the Gamecocks... I probably should have gotten a fried chicken dinner instead :cool::cool::cool:;);):):p:D:D:D:D:cool:

Congrats on the win! Great game today. Duke played with fire and urgency... I knew after we lost the lead in the 1st quarter that this wasn't going to be a good day for us. Hope this catapults ya'll to a great season.

I really really really like that Leanna Odom... she's SO good and only a freshmen. Man what a player.. I love her game. Greenwell was Greenwell, impressive as usual and obviously improved. Duke is better than unranked.

I thought we would be better than people thought, due to the addition of Brown and the improvement of Lambert..... I figured we would finish #4 in the ACC.... with an outside possibility of #3rd if Chidom and Cooper played up to their abilities.

Didnt expect a win today, but I expected a competitive game until the 4th quarter and somehow SC would find a way to pull it out. Glad I was wrong.

We have a tough 4 game stretch late dec... early Jan. Home vs Kentucky, Home vs Louisville.. then on the road at Ga Tech then Fla State. I think we go at least 2-2.... possibly 3-1. :confused:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought we would be better than people thought, due to the addition of Brown and the improvement of Lambert..... I figured we would finish #4 in the ACC.... with an outside possibility of #3rd if Chidom and Cooper played up to their abilities.

And the extra twist on today's surprise was the fact that Duke won so convincingly despite a rather poor game from Lexie Brown.

Reaction Score
It needs to be more of a balance offensively, more screen action for Gray and Davis. They have to be able to drive and take players of the dribble instead of just jacking up threes the whole game. Yes pounding the ball inside is our bread and butter but when we play teams like UCONN,ND, and Baylor who can defend it where else is our points going to come from? Also defensively we must get better! Gray and Davis needs to be more discipline. I understand Harris is a good defender but she is still young and shouldn't have to stop the opposing teams best player every game when she has veteran players along side her. Davis, Gray, and Cuevas needs to step up and realize the time is now to play with heart, fire, and determination every game or it's just going to be another BUST!!

I had read a quote a long time ago from Bill Russell in how they defended Wilt. He said for the 1st 3 quarters he'd defend him solo. In the 4th, the Celts would start bringing the help defense. Russell said by that time the players were so out-of-rhythm that they would miss shots that they would otherwise hit due to being so out-of-rhythm.

Maybe it is happening here.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Didnt expect a win today, but I expected a competitive game until the 4th quarter and somehow SC would find a way to pull it out. Glad I was wrong.

We have a tough 4 game stretch late dec... early Jan. Home vs Kentucky, Home vs Louisville.. then on the road at Ga Tech then Fla State. I think we go at least 2-2.... possibly 3-1. :confused:
Triad, whatever happened to Haley Gorecki (sp?), the kid Geno wanted. I never see her name.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And the extra twist on today's surprise was the fact that Duke won so convincingly despite a rather poor game from Lexie Brown.

I was thinking to myself during the game... that she was playing like she had put money on South Carolina :p:p:p:p She wasnt in the right place mentality.... not sure she was too keyed up... or what.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, whatever happened to Haley Gorecki (sp?), the kid Geno wanted. I never see her name.

She injured her hip last december...had surgery and missed the rest of the season..... but she played in just enough games not to qualify for a medical redshirt. She had a setback over the summer (?) ... think she is expected back later this month.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game because I was at our men's game, but from looking at the stats sheet, we jacked up way too many threes.

Cuervas was throwing them up with reckless abandon....... Davis was playing like she played at GaTech ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I had read a quote a long time ago from Bill Russell in how they defended Wilt. He said for the 1st 3 quarters he'd defend him solo. In the 4th, the Celts would start bringing the help defense. Russell said by that time the players were so out-of-rhythm that they would miss shots that they would otherwise hit due to being so out-of-rhythm.
Maybe it is happening here.
You may be on to something there "being out of rhythm". Andy Landers said something similar post game. Paraphrased: " When you pound it in side pound it inside like SC likes to do the guards get out of rhythm. at the same time if the SC guards are jacking up shots then the Bigs get discouraged and also get out of rhythm. Trick is to find that right balance where everyone is involved."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom