Duke Gains Top-20 Verbal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke Gains Top-20 Verbal

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And here comes the outsiders. 1 championship with arguably the most dominant post player EVER. Maybe more lessons should of been taught.

Come on...have a sense of humor. I have no doubt that once Geno, Mulkey, McGraw, Vanderveer and Frese retire that JMP will win a championship.

Reaction Score
Come on...have a sense of humor. I have no doubt that once Geno, Mulkey, McGraw, Vanderveer and Frese retire that JMP will win a championship.
oh please. Sims and griner SAVED Mulkey career. She would be another sherri Cole without the 2. Far from an elite coach. Lose your two best players and respond by scheduling cupcakes? Elite coaches don't do that. Say what you want but JPM didnt shy away from competition after losing 4/5 starters. Only downfall is no more Uconn (you know the feeling) and we get Tennessee next year while Baylor gets Mcneese State? HA. Maybe she needs another 6'8 center to face uconn and Notre Dame? Mulkey waited until she got sims and griner to start a series with uconn than backed away from EVERY top team as soon as they left. Coward much?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
oh please. Sims and griner SAVED Mulkey career. She would be another sherri Cole without the 2. Far from an elite coach. Lose your two best players and respond by scheduling cupcakes? Elite coaches don't do that. Say what you want but JPM didnt shy away from competition after losing 4/5 starters. Only downfall is no more Uconn (you know the feeling) and we get Tennessee next year while Baylor gets Mcneese State? HA. Maybe she needs another 6'8 center to face uconn and Notre Dame? Mulkey waited until she got sims and griner to start a series with uconn than backed away from EVERY top team as soon as they left. Coward much?

How many coaches in WCBB today have won more than 1 championship? Let's not forget that Mulkey outcoached JPM in the championship game in 2005.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
rock%20paper%20scissors.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baptists (Baylor) and Methodists (Duke) arguing on a Yankee (Uconn) Board....... gotta love America :cool:

But back to the original topic.......

http://prospectsnation.com/story/duke-adds-odom

Sounds like the type of player that Ive been hoping for the past few years...... a athletic wing who can slash and attack the basket. I hoped that player was Calhoun... but that didnt quite work out :oops:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes indeed the Boneyard is champion again!
As triad notes, no other board comes close to this one where we get Duke and Baylor fans talking trash at each other! Carry on! :eek::rolleyes:
Love it, but you are putting some boneyarders out of business - stealing all the best lines and insults! :cool:

(Of course our ND fan visitors are falling by the wayside - come on know where is that Irish pride and devilment?! :D)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes indeed the Boneyard is champion again!
As triad notes, no other board comes close to this one where we get Duke and Baylor fans talking trash at each other! Carry on! :eek::rolleyes:
Love it, but you are putting some boneyarders out of business - stealing all the best lines and insults! :cool:

(Of course our ND fan visitors are falling by the wayside - come on know where is that Irish pride and devilment?! :D)

I think the ND fans are still caught up with their football team and their hopes to make the CFP. After GaTech runs ND off the field saturday afternoon..... they can turn their attention to basketball. :p Yes I was throwing shade :cool:

JS

Reaction Score
Of course our ND fan visitors are falling by the wayside - come on know where is that Irish pride and devilment?! :D)
Orangutan is a ND fan and here all the time. Started this thread and just advocated a peaceful solution to our differences.

Fightin' Choke also a ND fan, here frequently; has two thread starts on the front page.

Maybe you mean they aren't entering the fray. Well, they aren't too argumentative. Oran can be to an extent but is too objective to be a gunslinger. Choke very info-inclined, keeps his weapons concealed at least while visiting.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not ONE ranked ooc opponent. Nothing further your honor
No way! With a no-away-game OOC lineup that includes by last year's Sagarin ratings #156 Texas Arlington, #226 Rice, #261 Northwestern St., #336 Grambling, #243 McNeese St., and #151 Oral Roberts, Baylor's OOC is very easy to rank on. In fact the whole thing is rank.

And I hear that Kim has her recruiting class of 2024 all set to play in a couple of the games to make them a little more sporting, and that Nina Davis will be blindfolded and upside down and trying to rebound with her feet, which might keep her below double digits.

Reaction Score
Well, to Triad and Blue Devils and all the other Dookies I hope she works out well for you and I'm sorry that all Duke news morphs into a discussion of your head coach (although how can it not?).

You're stockpiling working parts now you'll just have to hope that your coach will find a way to get them all working together.

If we take her out of the discussion you have a lot to look forward to in the next few years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
*yawns* let me know when my competition decides to show up.

YawningBillRussell.gif

Well, to Triad and Blue Devils and all the other Dookies I hope she works out well for you and I'm sorry that all Duke news morphs into a discussion of your head coach (although how can it not?).

You're stockpiling working parts now you'll just have to hope that your coach will find a way to get them all working together.

If we take her out of the discussion you have a lot to look forward to in the next few years.

Similar to any news/discussions concerning the CT SUN :rolleyes:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I think the caption to the picture in this article is hilarious. You would have to be a huge Chaminade/Odom/Duke fan to interpret this picture as Leaonna Odom shooting over Katie Lou Samuelson.
Well actually Lou smacked the ball off Odom's forehead and it ended up going in, one of those rare blocks and assists on the same play.

Reaction Score
AR-150919448.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

great highlight picture (for KLS)

Odom has terrible shooting form, can she shoot outside the paint

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And while we're at it, how about a "Commodore's Kendall Shaw frightens UConn's Stephanie Dolosn and forces her to settle for a lay-up." on this one?

The actual caption claimed simply that Shaw was guarding Dolson, but I just don't see any evidence of that here.

12478827-standard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc