Dorka wnba | The Boneyard

Dorka wnba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good morning
I was reading on ESPN and they had a article on Wnba up coming draft. And to my amazement, I found this. And before season there was no mention of her. But with her play this season, now looking at first round. Congrats Dorka. You so deserve it.
Screenshot_20230218-063743_ESPN.jpg

Reaction Score
i'm sorry to tell you this because I certainly like DJ a smuch as you do, but she doesn't deserve a first round pick, I think she will probably be drafted in the second round

One of the reason why is, this season ,Geno doesn't seem to put pressure on the media
And the media are a big part of the whole game when it comes to the draft rankings

Jim

Reaction Score
Mock drafts are certainly a product of the media. If you think WNBA GM’s base their financial decisions/picks on the media, then let’s just say we disagree. That said, teams in a particular geographic area will pick players from colleges near them because it draws in the local fans and W coaches get more opportunities to see the local players play in person. And GM’s will contact coaches privately to get the inside scoop on a player, but public comments by coaches are not what drives the process, nor comments made by the media.

Reaction Score
i'm sorry to tell you this because I certainly like DJ a smuch as you do, but she doesn't deserve a first round pick, I think she will probably be drafted in the second round

One of the reason why is, this season ,Geno doesn't seem to put pressure on the media
And the media are a big part of the whole game when it comes to the draft rankings
I think “doesn’t deserve” is a bit harsh. Admittedly, she’s a player who is not an absolute lock to go in the first round, but she is 6’5”, averaging a double double, has greatly improved her defense, and has become a very capable passer as well. I think, especially if she finishes the season strong she has a good chance at a late first round slot. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
"Doesn't deserve" seems especially nonsensical if the reason given is that the coach doesn't pressure the media. Perhaps there's some universe in which that explains why a player does or doesn't deserve a career opportunity... but I don't think it's the one we live in.

Reaction Score
"Doesn't deserve" seems especially nonsensical if the reason given is that the coach doesn't pressure the media. Perhaps there's some universe in which that explains why a player does or doesn't deserve a career opportunity... but I don't think it's the one we live in.
Dorka is the 3rd best player on the UCONN team, I think, perhaps the second, point of view ...
Do you really think she's one of the top 12 seniors NCAA wide ?

sun

Reaction Score
She has a lot of tools for a big, and her offense has improved this year.
She makes 3's that only hit net, and last year made side shots that she's not even taking lately.
She hasn't peaked yet.

Reaction Score
She has a lot of tools for a big, and her offense has improved this year.
She makes 3's that only hit net, and last year made closer shots that she's not even taking lately.
She hasn't peaked yet.
I agree, she has a lot of potentials but she's a fith year senior and not even the best on the team
That's why I call her a second round pick
Lou could also be a second round pick but there's no recognition for her

Reaction Score
I am not afraid, I will be happy for both to be drated, 1st or 2nd round
I just think they both are not in the top 12
The Conehead salutes you, DHead

Reaction Score
Dorka is a fifth year playing student or Super Senior, tell it as you like
and being a freshman in 2018-19, I don't see a 6th year, I may be incorrect

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Dorka doesn't have a physical enough game a to be a 1st round draft pick. She will be drafted but with her size WNBA teams will expect more physical play from her. She misses too many shots in the low post. Dorka is not a great passer out of the low post either. WNBA teams will like her three point shooting.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
+10

Reaction Score

Many said the same things about ONO! And Olivia is in the WNBA!! GO DORKA!! Steady Dorka
with all those double doubles!!

Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Dorka was averaging more points, more rebounds, and more assists per game than Aliyah Boston. You might argue that Boston plays less minutes. Dorka has had to conserve her energy and be careful to not foul since UConn has been short handed. Elizabeth Kitley is the other player with height and a strong record. I believe all three should be picked in the first round.

Reaction Score
Dorka is the 3rd best player on the UCONN team, I think, perhaps the second, point of view ...
Do you really think she's one of the top 12 seniors NCAA wide ?
It doesn't matter that Dorka may be the 3rd best player on the team (actually possibly the 4th or 5th best)--she;s a 6'5" forward who has an outside game and averages a double-double almost every night. In the WNBA, that is someone who is going to get attention...

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
FYI
1676762725155.png

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Who says she wants to play in WNBA. There are plenty of European teams that would want her.

Reaction Score

Why??????

Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Dorka was averaging more points, more rebounds, and more assists per game than Aliyah Boston. You might argue that Boston plays less minutes. Dorka has had to conserve her energy and be careful to not foul since UConn has been short handed. Elizabeth Kitley is the other player with height and a strong record. I believe all three should be picked in the first round.
So true. Boston does not deserve all the kiss up attention.

Reaction Score
Let compare Dorka , A Boston, Diamond Miller and Haley Jones,

Pts/game, Rebs, Ast, F/T %
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dorka 14.4, 10.3, 3.4, 48.9
Aliyah Boston 13.0 9.8 1.7 58.6
Diamond Miller 19.8, 6.6, 2.8, 47.7
Haley Jones 13.1, 9.0, 4..0, 44.6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Boston, Diamond Miller and Haley Jones are #1,2, and 3 in WNBA mock draft what you think Dorka will be?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's definitely a 1st-rounder, because of her size, length, and she can make the 3/perimeter shots consistently. She needs to build her upper-body strength though and her "handles" to get big minutes at the next level though.

Reaction Score
Let us not forget she has had a medical incident that ended her last season and one this season that had her sitting out for a while. Takes some time to get the tenacity back after bad things happen. She is doing quite well given the circumstance!

Reaction Score
I’d be very surprised if Dirka does not go in the 1st round. It is irrelevant whether she is one of the best 5, 19 or 39 players in college, she is one of the 3 or 4 best bigs, with an outside game and the ability to pass. Add UConn training and that equals 1st round. The Lynx will be lucky if she falls to them at 12, like Pheesa did at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom