Dorka wnba | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka wnba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coming off a broken wrist and early this season, a broken thumb, expect Dorka's physicality and overall results to improve as time goes on. Anyone who criticizes her ability to grip the ball does not have any knowledge of how long these injuries take to heal and the pain one gets even in future years. Very solid now playing against the best players in the US - will be an even better pro.

Reaction Score
I think Dorka should bypass the wnba and play in Europe for a year. She needs more time to play and really utilize everything she has learned at Uconn. In the wnba, she'll be lucky to see 2 minutes per game. Dorka needs to build strength. Maybe even get a little sawg to herself. I absolutely love Dorka and her personality from what I see on TV and interviews. I just wish she would get into beast mode. If Dorka had Angel Reese's attitude, just 20% of it, Dorka would be an AA this years. Hands down.

JBK

Reaction Score
i'm sorry to tell you this because I certainly like DJ a smuch as you do, but she doesn't deserve a first round pick, I think she will probably be drafted in the second round

One of the reason why is, this season ,Geno doesn't seem to put pressure on the media
And the media are a big part of the whole game when it comes to the draft rankings
She comes in and out of the 1st round. As Maddy S rises she falls. Also Lou is in and out of the 1st round.
Dorka needs a great tournament to secure a 1st round pick. Will need to prove she could finish around the hoop and rebound .
She has so much potential —

Reaction Score
I agree, she has a lot of potentials but she's a fith year senior and not even the best on the team
That's why I call her a second round pick
Lou could also be a second round pick but there's no recognition for her
Nobody really knows whether Lou is actually draft-eligible (and any smart team would test that theory as soon as possible).
I think Dorka should bypass the wnba and play in Europe for a year. She needs more time to play and really utilize everything she has learned at Uconn. In the wnba, she'll be lucky to see 2 minutes per game. Dorka needs to build strength. Maybe even get a little sawg to herself. I absolutely love Dorka and her personality from what I see on TV and interviews. I just wish she would get into beast mode. If Dorka had Angel Reese's attitude, just 20% of it, Dorka would be an AA this years. Hands down.
Interesting consideration as the Hungarian national team will be hoping that she is available to play with them at EuroBasket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dorka is 6'5", has skills, and is tough. I'd like to see her get stronger hands and arms and shoot a little better, but there aren't many 6'5" players in the W with her skills. I think she'll go about #10 and do well if she gets drafted into a good situation.

Reaction Score
Dorka needs to improve her hands and defense to become a viable big in the WNBA. She can run the floor and is agile for a big but she needs to work on her quickness to become a more reliable defender. In the WNBA she won't have such a height advantage so playing fundamental defense will be required.

She works hard and is coachable which is the intangible coaches look for at any level. She will be drafted and get a shot and the rest will be on her ability to develop.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dorka will (or would) make a good 4 in the WNBA for the reasons @browns cites above. I hope she does go to Minnesota -- they need the size and she'll fit nicely into their scheme.

We'll have to see the impact of the new WNBA rules discouraging overseas commitments. It will have a good effect on teams' continuity, but I think it will lead to some players sitting out at least some WNBA seasons.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
dorka is a star.
early last season, when some of youse were kicking the ball all over the court on her 'ability,' u were reminded that 'dorka is a star.'
early in this season, when some of youse were kicking the ball out of bounds, u were reminded that 'dorka is a star.'
now, the double double machine that she is, and subject to mostly discussion on where she lands in the first round, not if she gets picked, it's obvious that 'dorka is a star,' cuz, you know, there really aren't more than a very few in ncaa wbb who, statistically, present as well as she does.
and, when she leaves, we will have a very real question on how to replace her contribution.
im thinking that the forward plan will be to just run them out of the gym, which is a good plan, especially since aliyah the star will still be here, yet currently she gains a real lot by pairing up with dorka, the star.
i'll hang up and listen for the list of current ncaa players representing a similar profile, 6'5, double double, 3 ball, an all that.
facts and links please. otherwise, it didn't happen, regardless of anyone's 'feelings.'

Reaction Score
Wingsfan055 has got it right............ she needs more upper body strength and stronger hands.

Reaction Score
i'm sorry to tell you this because I certainly like DJ a smuch as you do, but she doesn't deserve a first round pick, I think she will probably be drafted in the second round

One of the reason why is, this season ,Geno doesn't seem to put pressure on the media
And the media are a big part of the whole game when it comes to the draft rankings
I agree. No chance for first round, but second, for sure. She has the height and size the WNBA likes and she has a motor. She will work hard forever. She has a decent three point capability and is somewhat good going left, or right, under the hoop. But she is not great in traffic and is quite poor with ball security. She will have a tough time sticking in the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom