Does this mean Shirreffs stays? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does this mean Shirreffs stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hope BS comes back. We certainly could use him.

Reaction Score
He earned his chance to play under an a new OC if the new OC thinks he can get winning production with him. He is a one read QB and not an elite QB. The question is whether he can lead the team to a good season while we find and develop our next cadre of QBs. Whoever that is it's not Donovan Williams, who was singularly terrible and showed zero.

Reaction Score
Sure clown.

They need to move forward. BS can't run and he can't throw accurately beyond 10 yards. We know his high water mark, let's try a new style.

No one ever questions BS doesn't play hard, but a new coach is likely going to want to try and mold a younger kid.

And he's an a55hole.

Reaction Score
Let's not waste a whole lot of time for one year. He has had two years of proven mediocrity at best.
With a decent line he could be pretty darned good, however. He only made one read because that is all the time there was. I would also not be surprised if he was instructed to do that given the OL capabilities.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Shireffs is damaged goods in 2 ways. Physically- ribs, wrist, shoulder, etc and mentally - the lack of time to read a defense and go through a progression was cruel. That being said, if he can contribute next year, he should take the opportunity. There is no way the next coach will have as porous an OL.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I want to know more about when and how bad he was injured and how long it was kept from the staff.

It seems like an under reported story and given Diaco-speak, was either the reason for or the cover story for Williams taking the job.

Remember we were still not eliminated from Bowl consideration when he got yanked. The team nosedive immediately. There is a story there not being told.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Shireffs is damaged goods in 2 ways. Physically- ribs, wrist, shoulder, etc and mentally - the lack of time to read a defense and go through a progression was cruel. That being said, if he can contribute next year, he should take the opportunity. There is no way the next coach will have as porous an OL.

Watch out. We're talking UConn here. We thought we had hit rock bottom after Pasqualoni's disasterous winless start in 2013. Little did any of us know we weren't even remotely close. Now that we're at or near the bottom of the Mariana Trench, hopefully you're right and there's nowhere to go but onward, up and out of the depths of despair. We WILL have an actual offensive line!

Reaction Score
Shirreffs is the BEST QB UConn has!

Shirreffs is a MEDIOCRE college QB!

These two "facts" are all that needs to be said. Any other arguing is pointless. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
I've had that rib injury and I can tell you that the fact that he played at all is miraculous. It hurts just to breathe, you can never get comfortable and if you move wrong it almost caused me at least to black out with pain a few times. Getting hit and landed on by a 300 pound lineman...I can't even imagine.

Reaction Score
I've had that rib injury and I can tell you that the fact that he played at all is miraculous. It hurts just to breathe, you can never get comfortable and if you move wrong it almost caused me at least to black out with pain a few times. Getting hit and landed on by a 300 pound lineman...I can't even imagine.
I posted during the ECU game thread he was hurt to the point of ineffectiveness.

They went to him as he walked off the field for a punt and he had just taken a hit. He had his throwing arm clutched to his body and it was trembling from the pain I have to assume.

Kid was a warrior. Diaco threw him under the bus.

Reaction Score
Would like him back to compete. Yes not accurate and tends to lock in or bail too quickly but had terrible coaching and game plans. A good coach works around limitations and Shirreffs got us to six wins and bowl game in 2015 so no reason to think if heathy he can not do that again with good offensive coaches.

Reaction Score
I'd like him back. When not hurt he is the best we've got. Also he is tough as nails and fun to watch.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Everyone is clammering for a Shirreffs return and I would welcome it from a depth perspective. I wouldn't him returning if only for that purpose and to pass along any experience.

On the other hand (and I'm not the leading expect by any stretch), he seems to be pretty ineffective at reading defenses, inaccurate over 15 yards, and tucks and runs after his first pass option.

All that said, I'll toss the notion into play that Tyler Davis makes a return to the QB stable.

Discuss.

Reaction Score
And God help you if someone says something funny and you can't suppress a laugh. That will bring tears to your eyes.

Reaction Score
OMG.... are we back here again.?
Depth I understand . ... LOL ...
Unless Foley returns, pray for the young man.
Nothing good happens unless the offense line gets straightened out .
Gutsy kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman