Does this mean Shirreffs stays? | The Boneyard

Does this mean Shirreffs stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We all know he's not Tom Brady, but the dude is MILES better than anyone else we could potentially have next year under center. Remember how he was able to move the ball vs. Navy & Virginia?

Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
We all know he's not Tom Brady, but the dude is MILES better than anyone else we could potentially have next year under center. Remember how he was able to move the ball vs. Navy & Virginia?

Fingers crossed.

He'd be a solid AAC QB if he had an o line... but he won't

Reaction Score

Fingers crossed.

He's going to have a baby so I'm sure that's going to influence his decision either way.

Reaction Score
Yawn . . . . UNLESS, it turns out that he was being held back by BD and was capable of far more more than we saw in the right situation, with the right handler. He's a tough young man and a gamer, but he wasn't a QB threat under the Diaco regime.

We need the depth regardless. Now that there's a coaching change who knows what's going to happen. Hopefully the new HC brings a QB or two with him.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Yawn . . . .
"Yawn" is infinitely better than the other options we'd have at QB, which are all "welp, gonna have to finish this entire bottle of Jack Daniels in order to make it through the game."

You can win 6-7 games with Shirreffs as your QB, and he doesn't turn the ball over. I'd cut off a finger to have that next season.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Maybe Moorhead would get someone from PSU to transfer? They'd have to sit out a season, but whatever. Would also be nice to get some PSU recruits :cool:

Reaction Score
NC State said this kid can't play QB, I agree with them, please go and start your life with wife and new baby

Yawn . . . . UNLESS, it turns out that he was being held back by BD and was capable of far more more than we saw in the right situation, with the right handler. He's a tough young man and a gamer, but he wasn't a QB threat under the Diaco regime.

Reaction Score

We all know you would like a different kind of offense but thinking we are not a better team with him is incredibly stupid.

Reaction Score
I get you defend the kid like he's Tom Brady but please stop. He is not good, let's try something new regardless who the HC is

Go rewatch the Marshall game last year if you need to be reminded how bad this kid is

There's a reason that NC State said he couldn't play QB

We all know you would like a different kind of offense but thinking we are not a better team with him is incredibly stupid.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I get you defend the kid like he's Tom Brady but please stop. He is not good, let's try something new regardless who the HC is

Go rewatch the Marshall game last year if you need to be reminded how bad this kid is

You're stupid and you don't know anything.

Reaction Score
I know NC State said he couldn't play QB at this level and I agree with their assessment

He was lucky he could throw simple slants to Thomas

You're stupid and you don't know anything.

Reaction Score
Tough kid, he represented the university with class. As a QB he was a one read and run QB. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
I know NC State said he couldn't play QB at this level and I agree with their assessment

He was lucky he could throw simple slants to Thomas

Actually, no. NC State said he couldn't play football at their level. If you think we are at their level you are as stupid as assinine.

Reaction Score
Talent wise Shirreffs has a lot in common with Nebrich and Nebrich lit up the scoreboard at Fordham with Moorhead leading the way. I would think that those two could find common ground if Moorhead is the guy.

Reaction Score

Let's not waste a whole lot of time for one year. He has had two years of proven mediocrity at best. Read JSM 1970 below.

This about sums it up. For two seasons he could not get the offense going. The Marshall game would have been won by the defense, but we'd all still be sitting there a year later waiting for a touchdown to win the game 17-16. I was there that morning watching that offense spin it's wheels possession after possession.

Reaction Score
Talent wise Shirreffs has a lot in common with Nebrich and Nebrich lit up the scoreboard at Fordham with Moorhead leading the way. I would think that those two could find common ground if Moorhead is the guy.

At the BC game I talked to a relative of Shireffs who shared that believe it or not he was heavier in high school, where he was Mr. everything. He explained that he was a bull and just ran over people. He is who he is. Tough as nails and probably should play fullback or maybe linebacker.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Let's not waste a whole lot of time for one year. He has had two years of proven mediocrity at best. Read JSM 1970 below.

This about sums it up. For two seasons he could not get the offense going. The Marshall game would have been won by the defense, but we'd all still be sitting there a year later waiting for a touchdown to win the game 17-16. I was there that morning watching that offense spin it's wheels possession after possession.

Using a JSM to make a post...yeah that isn't a winning strategy.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
This about sums it up. For two seasons he could not get the offense going.
1. JSM never sums anything up
2. The offense got going a lot better under Shirreffs than any of the other options that Diaco tried. Or did you black out and miss the last two months of this past season?

Reaction Score
BS would be our best bet at QB. Once I found out he was playing with a bad rib injury this season, I let go of the idea that he couldn't play. He was pretty good in the first few games when he was healthy. Let's not forget, the offense was the most predictable in college football history. BS had no chance to impress with the Diaco regime running things and smashed ribs. Let's see who the coach is and then reflect on whether or not BS is viable for us. There are a lot of coaches that would run a fast offense with a short game and I bet they'd take him in a millisecond over their other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom