Does Breanna Stewart make the Mt. Rushmore of UConn WCBB? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does Breanna Stewart make the Mt. Rushmore of UConn WCBB?

Will Stewie "belong" on the UConn WCBB Mt. Rushmore when she graduates?

• Yes, assuming she achieves what she's on pace to achieve

Votes: 62 63.3%
  • Yes- actually, I think she's on there already

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • No, but only because I don't think the second half of her career matches her first

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • No, not a chance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think you're going to have to have a bigger mountain to make room for more than four. I really like the idea of having Sue on it, for one. Speaking of Ms. Lobo, I think that Rebecca got a ton (or perhaps two tons) of media attention but her role was just an extension of Kerry Bascom. Another New England girl who picked up the baton that Kerry had carried so well and got it across the finish line. Kerry had run the first three legs of the national title race and needed Lobo to carry it across the line to the first championship. As a result, I'm taking Lobo off my version of Rushmore though admittedly she's been a great spokesperson for UConn. Most UConn fans know little or nothing about Kerry's teammates on her 1991 final four team while most would surely know all the key members of that 1995 team Lobo was on because they were quite talented. Rebecca had a much better supporting cast that enabled those Huskies to defeat Tennessee and finish 35-0. If their roles were reversed and Kerry was zapped onto that 1995 team, they quite probably would have finished perfectly while I don't think Rebecca on that 1991 team would have been able to finish off with a title. JMHO!

Are there any videos of Kerry around? I would love to see them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
. Speaking of Ms. Lobo, I think that Rebecca got a ton (or perhaps two tons) of media attention but her role was just an extension of Kerry Bascom. Another New England girl who picked up the baton that Kerry had carried so well and got it across the finish line. Kerry had run the first three legs of the national title race and needed Lobo to carry it across the line to the first championship...If their roles were reversed and Kerry was zapped onto that 1995 team, they quite probably would have finished perfectly

I think you are giving Lobo the short shrift here. To take a program that had one dark horse Final Four to an undefeated national championship season while dethroning the perennial power is a helluva lot more than just the final leg of a race. It's more like final three legs. She made UConn a national name as well as a national power. She was an absolute rock in that final game. No way in the world the 95 team wins it all with Bascom instead of Lobo. The Mt. Rushmore starts with Lobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom