Do we have games scheduled next week? | The Boneyard

Do we have games scheduled next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are none on the athletic dept. web site. But I have also read that we have three games next week. Yes, this is a topsy-turvy world. Just asking if anyone has info.

Reaction Score
I thought I read in some thread that Hurley doesn’t know if he wants to proceed with those games because he wants to get more practice time in before BE games. Nothing official to go on besides Boneyard speculation, unless someone has more info.

Reaction Score
I thought I read in some thread that Hurley doesn’t know if he wants to proceed with those games because he wants to get more practice time in before BE games. Nothing official to go on besides Boneyard speculation, unless someone has more info.
Can coaches decide not to play games just because? I know we are in unchartered waters here, but that seems a little crazy to me.

Reaction Score
Can coaches decide not to play games just because? I know we are in unchartered waters here, but that seems a little crazy to me.
You would think If that’s the case, the schools should give enough notice that they are not playing. I know with Covid, games could essentially get shut down just hours before tip, but If you are cancelling a game just for the heck of it, you would think those decisions should be made more than 3-4 days out simply out of respect and travel for the other team.

Reaction Score
There are none on the athletic dept. web site. But I have also read that we have three games next week. Yes, this is a topsy-turvy world. Just asking if anyone has info.
I posted this last night.

11/27 Hartford at Connecticut 8pm CBSSN
12/1 Vanderbilt vs Connecticut at Mohegan Sun 5pm ESPN2
12/3 Connecticut vs BYU/USC - Mohegan Sun
12/5 UConn vs NC State - Mohegan Sun 12pm ESPNU

Reaction Score
If those games next week were already officially cancelled or someone on here knew something about them more than what we've already been told, that they're all being played, don't you think it would be a big deal and there would be multiple threads on it here? There would be articles on it. You'll know if any of them get cancelled.

Until that happens I think people need to chill. I know these are crazy times but are we really going to have threads every day asking if games are still on when no changes have been announced? Relax.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I posted this last night.

11/27 Hartford at Connecticut 8pm CBSSN
12/1 Vanderbilt vs Connecticut at Mohegan Sun 5pm ESPN2
12/3 Connecticut vs BYU/USC - Mohegan Sun
12/5 UConn vs NC State - Mohegan Sun 12pm ESPNU

So, is the game on the 3rd no TV or TV hasn't been decided?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Im gonna be asking on a game to game basis. I would suggest we have a thread pinned on the board with the schedule posted with up to date changes to the schedule.
You gonna do it or just want someone else to?

Reaction Score
If those games next week were already officially cancelled or someone on here knew something about them more than what we've already been told, that they're all being played, don't you think it would be a big deal and there would be multiple threads on it here? There would be articles on it. You'll know if any of them get cancelled.

Until that happens I think people need to chill. I know these are crazy times but are we really going to have threads every day asking if games are still on when no changes have been announced? Relax.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It would be a really crappy move by Hurley to cancel this week's games since there is a material chance the whole season gets shut down by the league or the state at some point. Play the games while we can get them. There is no next month or even two weeks from now when it comes to this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
USC, BYU & NC State are 3 good teams...Lunardi has them all as Bubble Teams so 2 of the games next week are massive upgrades in competition.

Vandy (projected last in SEC) on Tuesday hopefully a convincing win but then we'll have our hands full. I'm assuming DH will play the games but I understand his concern that we're not ready....but still have to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This may be unpopular, but whatever...

It's one thing to potentially not play a game due to a positive Covid test, but it's unacceptable to not play because you don't "look good." And it's a total dick move to our opponents.

Play the games. If we get spanked, then at least they'll see firsthand what good ball/coaching is.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This may be unpopular, but whatever...

It's one thing to potentially not play a game due to a positive Covid test, but it's unacceptable to not play because you don't "look good." And it's a total dick move to our opponents.

Play the games. If we get spanked, then at least they'll see firsthand what good ball/coaching is.

I am pretty sure Hurley is not going to pull out of playing those games but is saying that so the players have some intensity in practice as they want to play the games.

Reaction Score
Apparently I'm the only one but I just took Hurley's comments to mean he wanted to see negative test results before committing to the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom