Do we have games scheduled next week? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do we have games scheduled next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Apparently I'm the only one but I just took Hurley's comments to mean he wanted to see negative test results before committing to the games
isn't that standard protocol? i didn't make that connection from DH's comments. but you may be right.

i like it better than (NOT intended to be a literal quote) "we may pull out of several games, because i don't like how we look after our missed practices". that schit don't float

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This may be unpopular, but whatever...

It's one thing to potentially not play a game due to a positive Covid test, but it's unacceptable to not play because you don't "look good." And it's a total dick move to our opponents.

Play the games. If we get spanked, then at least they'll see firsthand what good ball/coaching is.

I believe thats was Florida State did against Clemson, hours before kickoff.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand how we, or anyone, can unilaterally pull out of games just because. If it’s for legit safety reasons, I get it. But because “we don’t look good?” Would we want teams pulling that against us? I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
isn't that standard protocol? i didn't make that connection from DH's comments. but you may be right.

i like it better than (NOT intended to be a literal quote) "we may pull out of several games, because i don't like how we look after our missed practices". that schit don't float
It hasn't been standard protocol so far. Not sure if there have been any nuances to the situations but Xavier had 3 players test positive before their first game and played without them. Then Gonzaga had 2 players test positive after their first game but still continued to play

Reaction Score
If you listen to Hurley's post game pres confrnce. It's pretty clear that he wants to be be sure the players are in good enough shape to play so they won't suffer injury.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand how we, or anyone, can unilaterally pull out of games just because. If it’s for legit safety reasons, I get it. But because “we don’t look good?” Would we want teams pulling that against us? I don’t get it.
What would be the ramifications for trying to schedule OOC games in the future if we pull out 'just because'?

Reaction Score
I have no idea if it's true or not but supposedly Pitino called Kevin Willard and convinced him to bail on a game with St. Joes and play Iona instead. St. Joes had already traveled for the game.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if it's true or not but supposedly Pitino called Kevin Willard and convinced him to bail on a game with St. Joes and play Iona instead. St. Joes had already traveled for the game.
Bailed...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Play anyone. Anytime!!!! We were incredible the first 5 minutes against Hartford. We’re going to play like that for much more extended time against all teams

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Can coaches decide not to play games just because? I know we are in unchartered waters here, but that seems a little crazy to me.
You gotta play. It's weird this year. Everyone is in it. He will see a lot during games. Make the best of this mess. AND they are home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom