DJ Hernandez Arrested For Plotting School Shootings | The Boneyard

DJ Hernandez Arrested For Plotting School Shootings

Reaction Score
This was already discussed and locked into the archive from the basketball board.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I never knew that because I don't go on that board so thanks for the heads up. All I will say is holy heck

Reaction Score
This appears to underplay what was going on. And please don't link the globe if they aren't the only option. Paywall.

For those who didn't click through, he was considering attacks at UConn and Brown.

What the connection to Brown is I do not know.

Reaction Score
This appears to underplay what was going on. And please don't link the globe if they aren't the only option. Paywall.

For those who didn't click through, he was considering attacks at UConn and Brown.

He coached at Brown

Reaction Score
It’s been reported that DJ is suffering from bi-polar disorder which is a genetic thing. He needs help and lots of it as it’s also been reported that he’s not amenable to taking meds

He’s in a very bad place now and needs empathy and understanding but mostly significant health interventions. Hoping he gets it soon.

Reaction Score

He was an assistant coach there at one point. Sad to hear he has so much trouble.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s been reported that DJ is suffering from bi-polar disorder which is a genetic thing. He needs help and lots of it as it’s also been reported that he’s not amenable to taking meds

He’s in a very bad place now and needs empathy and understanding but mostly significant health interventions. Hoping he gets it soon.

He's clearly sick. He needs round the clock care and supervision.

Reaction Score
As if the Aaron Hernandez saga wasn't disturbing and tragic enough. This is so depressing to see DJ fall to such a horrible place mentally.

Sad as it is to say, he does indeed need to be sequestered from society and kept in a secure facility where he can get proper psychiatric care.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder what occurred that led to two apparent psychopaths.

Reaction Score
With Aaron, they theorized that mental illness, combined with an Angel Dust habit, resulted in erratic behavior and paranoia. The paranoia is what made him a killer. He would obsess that people knew about one of his crimes and if he thought they did, he’d consider killing them.

DJ obviously has mental illness that’s worsened with age or he was being treated when he was younger and has since stopped medicating. It’s a real shame because DJ was not only a nice kid, but was a successful entrepreneur in the roofing business for some time before his mental problems messed it up.

Reaction Score
With Aaron, they theorized that mental illness, combined with an Angel Dust habit, resulted in erratic behavior and paranoia. The paranoia is what made him a killer. He would obsess that people knew about one of his crimes and if he thought they did, he’d consider killing them.

DJ obviously has mental illness that’s worsened with age or he was being treated when he was younger and has since stopped medicating. It’s a real shame because DJ was not only a nice kid, but was a successful entrepreneur in the roofing business for some time before his mental problems messed it up.
Perfect comparison.

Reaction Score
Imagine you are a parent of 2 kids who are tremendous athletes. You are dreaming of their future. And then you have this. Wow sad on every level.

Reaction Score

Aaron was also found to have CTE as well, right? I can only image DJ has experienced some head trauma from his playing days.

This whole thing is a shame. I’ve met DJ and he was a very personable guy at the time I met him. I wish him well but feel he needs to be removed from the main stream until he is well enough to return.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Tragic situation, so sad to read the reports. DJ lost his dad and then his brother. It’s pretty evident that there are mental health concerns in the family. The details of what DJ said and did are extremely disturbing. He’s just not fit to be a member of society right now and thank goodness he was detained before things escalated. I briefly met him at a spring game and always rooted for the CT kid who seemed to accept whatever role made the team better. This sucks.

Reaction Score

Getting help in these situations only seems to matter if he wants help.
I say that because you can't force someone to be responsible
and, if I recall correctly, he had some other outrageous issue in the past few years that suggests a long standing, chronic, condition.
Add the possibility there's some genetic component (especially considering Aaron's actions) and this projects to be very difficult for him to overcome.
We can only hope for the best for him.

Reaction Score

You're leaving out a lot...Aaron being molested since he was a little kid and Aaron hiding his sexuality had a lot to do with going down a dark path. He loved his dad deeply but was also deeply terrified of him and could never reveal his secret. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, sudden tragic death of his dad, his mom inviting a new man in her bedroom immediately after the dad's death, the new boyfriend stabbing her in the house. His life was filled with trauma, add in the angel dust, severe CTE, unbelievable talent which made him feel invincible and he was a ticking timebomb.

There's absolutely no excuses for the lives Aaron Hernandez took and the dozens of lives he ruined and there's no excuse for DJ's criminal behavior but the way they were parented and the trauma that came with it can provide some context.

It's insane that three teammates/starters on that Bristol Central football team became notorious murderers.

Reaction Score
I'm dealing with my own issues (all anxiety related) and I can imagine what it could devolve into. Nothing quite like his but if you lose your job or relations and things like that and you don't have great outlets or supports or you aren't meek enough to seek support or too meek that people don't want to be around you.

Once you're in a hole you're in a hole.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't see any evidence that either was/is a psychopath.

You can do terrible things without being a psychopath.

Reaction Score
So much excusing around this (not on this thread) really sad to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom