DJ Harvey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DJ Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The vast majority of kids who play in the EYBL go play at a Nike college. Also, the vast majority of college's are sponsored by Nike.

All UA really has for basketball is Maryland and Notre Dame. Sterling bro is Notre Dame's top commit. He played for NJ Playaz in the EYBL.

After a quick look at Maryland's roster, besides Melo (who's from the area) & Stone, the top guys were Nike AAU.
The more I look, they do have lot's of UAA guys.

Seriously I have no dog in the race. I was being a dick. Bad day and I took a swing at your post

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The more I look, they do have lot's of UAA guys.
I think it's beyond dispute that UA helps Maryland and Nike helps Oregon. How much we want to peel the onion beyond that is a matter of personal preference, and as this thread shows there are good arguments on both sides.

Reaction Score
I think it's beyond dispute that UA helps Maryland and Nike helps Oregon. How much we want to peel the onion beyond that is a matter of personal preference, and as this thread shows there are good arguments on both sides.

No doubt. I just think the concern some people have about sneaker affiliation is overblown. Stone was more the exception than the rule. If Josh Jackson goes Maryland and Thon Maker goes Notre Dame that changes things.

99 just chirps me because I've called him out in the past for pretending to have sources. At least today he formed comprehensible sentences. Bravo.

Reaction Score
No doubt. I just think the concern some people have about sneaker affiliation is overblown. Stone was more the exception than the rule. If Josh Jackson goes Maryland and Thon Maker goes Notre Dame that changes things.

99 just chirps me because I've called him out in the past for pretending to have sources. At least today he formed comprehensible sentences. Bravo.

You are free to have your opinion

caw

Reaction Score
Can you give me examples, besides Stone, that prove it's more prevalent? Don't give me Pitino crying about losing Blakeney either.

Andrew Wiggins was the concensus #1 high school player in the world. Nike flew him all over the world to play basketball. Nike showered him with merch his whole high school career and he went to Kansas. With every example you give there are 5 other players that buck that trend.

If Maryland gets Josh Jackson, UAA's top player, there is much more validity to your point.

Shoe companies obviously play a part for some kids, AAU programs and college programs. The extent is debatable, but Wiggins may not be the best example. He signed a (rather large for a rookie) show contract with Adidas out of KU, does he get more from Nike, or less from Adidas if he goes to another school? Who knows.

In my opinion (from what I have heard) it sometimes comes down to how closely the kid is tied to the AAU program, how important the kid is to the shoe company and how much money the AAU program has outside of sneaker deals (and their ability to run on another circuit if support is cut). Sometimes kids just like a shoe. Sometimes there are other factors at play (coach, location, etc.) but shoe companies do exert influence when they can.

Reaction Score

Be nice and always take it with a grain of salt.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When asked about what he's looking for in a school he said:
1) Family feel
2) History of winning

If that's truly the case, I think we stand a great shot if KO can get him in on campus for a visit. Family feel and history of winning is UConn in a nutshell. So, despite what any 'experts' say about this kid... I think we stand a chance. Especially since KO has been on a recruiting TEAR over the past year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If those are his favorites... we should have him locked up.
Just watched the video. He almost forgot about us and could rattle off Oklahoma and Alabama without thinking. Not saying we're out, but the fact we weren't one of the first teams to pop in his head says something to me.

Reaction Score
Just watched the video. He almost forgot about us and could rattle off Oklahoma and Alabama without thinking. Not saying we're out, but the fact we weren't one of the first teams to pop in his head says something to me.
I think that's a bit of over analyzing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Most kids really aren't that deliberate.

Reaction Score

This would be a nice consolidation prize if Hamidou goes duke or UK, thats for sure. I really would not like to go into the fall without a 2017 five star uconn bound, Just by examining the past 3 summers when KO has landed a top 25ish player before august.

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting. I think I read on tos article or chat board that duke is really looking at him hard. I will go back and try to find

C

Chief00

UConn will have to adjust to life after Bunky. It will take some time to find another groove.

Reaction Score
UConn will have to adjust to life after Bunky. It will take some time to find another groove.

Holy cow! You have some sort of obsession with Bunky. It's quite annoying. I don't know how we function before Bunky.

Bunky!
Bunky!
Bunky!

Have you had enough!

Reaction Score
KO is smart to stay on Harvey. If Trent and Knox commit to Duke, it could really open up the Harvey race.

Reaction Score
Holy cow! You have some sort of obsession with Bunky. It's quite annoying. I don't know how we function before Bunky.

Bunky!
Bunky!
Bunky!

Have you had enough!

This is what happens when you've got a guy who ties up this much self-worth in being "the connections guy" on an online message board. It's sad.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you've got a guy who ties up this much self-worth in being "the connections guy" on an online message board. It's sad.
The sad part is that he posts like he still hasn't figured out that nobody is buying or will ever again buy in to his BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom