Did MD player Punch Whitmer on Fumble? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did MD player Punch Whitmer on Fumble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't see anything wrong there at all, when going for the you are taught to secure the tackle at the same time that is what the MD guy is trying to do with his right hand. Once Whitmer had the FD I was yelling at the TV "Watch your back watch your back"

I think everyone in the stadium and watching on TV saw this one coming. I was yelling "Get down, Get down" as soon as he crossed the first down marker. Again learning experience... at a lower level he might have been able to out run something like this.

Reaction Score
Watch Chandler's head, it doesn't show any impact...
Obviously he didn't feel the defender till the last second, just a great play.

And yes, on the fumble the players foot was out before he posessed the ball, and didn't get both feet in bounds until after he had the ball cradled. Maybe too fast for the officialon the field to see it.

Reaction Score
What bugs me on this play is Chandler is 2 yards past the 1st down marker when he is first touched and 7 yards past when he hits the ground. Great play Chandler, but don't get greedy! Head for the marker and go out of bounds, or slide once you have the first down!

Same thing that causes CW to force passes into needle holes makes him try for everything he can get. The kid is a competitor. The coaches need to tone him down without hurting his wish to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom