Diana Suspended again (Too many T's) | The Boneyard

Diana Suspended again (Too many T's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Diana does not allow the UCONN connection to deter her from getting rough. She and Hartley really go at each other when they play. And Hartley is tough and doesn't back down and gives it right back. I really like the player that Hartley is developing into.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Steph seem to react a little late?

... and Emmy goes to....
DTElbow.gif

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DT throws her elbow a lot. I'm surprised she hasn't already injured somebody.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm not fond of the "too many T's" rule. Why take a player off the floor and deny ticket buyers the chance to see her in action. Fines, miss a quarter, clean the locker room, something else, please?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm not fond of the "too many T's" rule. Why take a player off the floor and deny ticket buyers the chance to see her in action. Fines, miss a quarter, clean the locker room, something else, please?
those T are earned, behave better... unless you don't care about your ticket buying fans who want to see you in action

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

This behavior has to be controlled before someone gets hurt. And not being able to play should be an embarrassment to the player, who has let her teammates down. These players are fighting for playoff spots and they need to be able to depend on each other. But Phoenix actually looked really good without DT, beating San Antonio by 19 points.

Reaction Score
Some of the officials are beyond pathetic, even Stewie finally got upset with one of the officials last night. The 2nd offensive charge call on Stewie was the most ridiculous call I've seen, and there have been many calls in a lot of the games.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Some of the officials are beyond pathetic, even Stewie finally got upset with one of the officials last night. The 2nd offensive charge call on Stewie was the most ridiculous call I've seen, and there have been many calls in a lot of the games.
As Geno would say: "It is what it is." Players have to adjust their game style to the way the officials work. It may not be completely right, but I'm sure they are not going to fire many of the refs.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

You are correct that the officials are horrible, but I'm not seeing how the officiating caused the elbow to be thrown.

Reaction Score
And tonight BG gets tossed for pushing Cappie after Cappie hits BG with an elbow up high. Sometimes you have to just stand up for yourself and deal with the consequences.
BG should have waited for her to drive the lane and if she was not in foul trouble.Go for the block and foul her real hard when she drives the lane.While she is on her butt give her the stare thats saying that is for the elbow and stay out of my lane!

Reaction Score
And tonight BG gets tossed for pushing Cappie after Cappie hits BG with an elbow up high. Sometimes you have to just stand up for yourself and deal with the consequences.
Agree. At least Cappie got tossed too, for a Flagrant 2 (see below). Too bad - Mercury could have used BG down the stretch. After she got ejected the Sky caught up from being behind the whole game and won it by 1 point at the buzzer.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Agree. At least Cappie got tossed too, for a Flagrant 2 (see below). Too bad - Mercury could have used BG down the stretch. After she got ejected the Sky caught up from being behind the whole game and won it by 1 point at the buzzer.

Wow - a cheap and very ugly play by Cappie. No place for that. By rule, BG deserved the subsequent technical, but her reaction was certainly understandable IMO.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

When Griner left the game, it was 44-31 to the Sky. The Mercury were +11 after she left the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When Griner left the game, it was 44-31 to the Sky. The Mercury were +11 after she left the game.

They really got fired up when BG left the game and played with great intensity.

The Mercury had this game in the bag and then they launched and missed three pointers on about 10 straight possessions instead of instead of eating some clocking and working for a good shot. Meanwhile, Chicago was driving to the basket and making shots in the lane or going to the FT stripe. Phoenix would have had this game had they played disciplined offense down the stretch but instead they shot 25-footers and blew the lead they had built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom