Diana Suspended again (Too many T's) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diana Suspended again (Too many T's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Cappie should have gotten the earned flagrant foul. However, Griner should be suspended a game because hers was a punch thrown after the whistle. Griner has never handled adversity well and still has alot of maturing to do.

Reaction Score
When Griner left the game, it was 44-31 to the Sky. The Mercury were +11 after she left the game.
Oops. Anyway BG would have been used under the defensive rim at the very end.

Reaction Score
Agree. At least Cappie got tossed too, for a Flagrant 2 (see below). Too bad - Mercury could have used BG down the stretch. After she got ejected the Sky caught up from being behind the whole game and won it by 1 point at the buzzer.

Nice moving screen.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Cappie should have gotten the earned flagrant foul. However, Griner should be suspended a game because hers was a punch thrown after the whistle. Griner has never handled adversity well and still has alot of maturing to do.
Punch, are we looking at the same video?

BG should be tossed for her "mush to the head" after the whistle but suspended.... ummm nah

the missed a call by Cappie oh well... tell the refs so they can review it whenever (even tho I understand the "heat of the moment" reaction) and decide if they want to take action.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And tonight BG gets tossed for pushing Cappie after Cappie hits BG with an elbow up high. Sometimes you have to just stand up for yourself and deal with the consequences.

I'm sorry, but Griner needs to exhibit self-control. She's more valuable to her team (or at least, she should be) than Cappie is to hers. If she's that easily provoked, opponents will only feel encouraged to bait her into more ejections.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but Griner needs to exhibit self-control. She's more valuable to her team (or at least, she should be) than Cappie is to hers. If she's that easily provoked, opponents will only feel encouraged to bait her into more ejections.

You obviously weren't watching this game. Cappie will demolishing Phoenix, who has proven this year that they cannot guard a quick guard because their guards are too slow or unmotivated to play defense, and when she and Griner both left the game Chicago was up by 13 points. When she and Griner both left Phoenix was able to build a 9 point lead, which they then squandered by taking a bunch of horrible shots.

Cappie was more valuable in this game and almost cost her team the game but I don't see anyone piling on her about that. BG was defending herself and I would hope that she would do the same again. Only after her reaction did the refs take a look at that much more egregious foul by Cappie. And she wasn't "easily" provoked. It took a completely dirty shot to the upper body to draw this reaction.

Maybe Dolson should have popped DT and defended herself and DT might think about doing that to her again.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Cappie was more valuable in this game and almost cost her team the game but I don't see anyone piling on her about that.

Cappie has been pretty inefficient this year. Getting her out of the game before she could turn 5-6 to 6-13 may have been for the best, lol. She is 2nd in minutes and PPG for the Sky but 8th (of 11 with Laney out for the year) in PER.

Reaction Score
Diana doesn't seem to appreciate tight defense. I saw her give Rene Montgomery a double hand chop to the chest for no reason other than good tight clean defense throughout the game. Rene was stunned but didn't retaliate. Guess what, Rene got a foul called on her. You are right about bad officiating. But Diana has benefited greatly from this.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Cappie has been pretty inefficient this year. Getting her out of the game before she could turn 5-6 to 6-13 may have been for the best, lol. She is 2nd in minutes and PPG for the Sky but 8th (of 11 with Laney out for the year) in PER.

She was in the zone. It was her night and she blew it by taking an unnecessary shot at BG. It was a dirty play and BG had to send a message that she will not put up with that type of foul coming her way. I really wish she had popped Cappie in the nose. She probably won't be back for another year in the WNBA so she could have started her retirement from the league early.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She was in the zone. It was her night and she blew it by taking an unnecessary shot at BG. It was a dirty play and BG had to send a message that she will not put up with that type of foul coming her way. I really wish she had popped Cappie in the nose. She probably won't be back for another year in the WNBA so she could have started her retirement from the league early.

Well, Chicago won. Barely, but they did. Which is the real reason no one is piling on Cappie. All's well that ends well, etc.

Also, I don't think BG sent much of a message by gently piefacing Cappie.

Reaction Score
Well, Chicago won. Barely, but they did. Which is the real reason no one is piling on Cappie. All's well that ends well, etc.

Agree. Cappie deserved to get Barncastled - I'm not suggesting BG should have done that, but Cappie deserved it and it isn't the first time. Cappie has always been a loose cannon.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

A much stronger message should have been sent. Like a broken nose.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
A much stronger message should have been sent. Like a broken nose.
2n6hf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger