Diamond Stone | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been missing our old Diamond Stone threads, you know the ones with a gazillion posts and views. So he was drafted in the second round around 40 and has a 2 year contract for $543,000 per season with the Clippers. Wow! What a smart and savvy thing to do! Go early after 1 college season in the NBA draft because you can. With his considerable physical gifts (that he showed last year) had he come to play under KO for 2 maybe 3 seasons I'm sure he would have been way worse off, and made a lot less money. I love how the NBA draft helps kids like him even though they make their own choices.

Reaction Score
Shame on him for not passing up hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game he could have played for free in college.

I wish I made that much out of college.

Reaction Score
Atleast we arent losing our collective sh over a 3 star like kasongo this time of year, now its 5 star players posters are embarrassing themselves over.

Reaction Score
Good point. The ones who made terrible decisions are Daniels and Hamilton. At least Stone showed enough promise to likely make the roster and if he blows up he can sign a large deal sooner. Honestly though, what kind of NBA player is Daniels supposed to be? A 6-8 guy with zero handle, below avg. perimeter game and avg defender at best. Not that another year of college would have helped, but when some of these guys say they are going pro it should just be going to play pro hoops and leave the NBA out of the sentence.

Shame on him for not passing up hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game he could have played for free in college.

I wish I made that much out of college.

Reaction Score
Good point. The ones who made terrible decisions are Daniels and Hamilton. At least Stone showed enough promise to likely make the roster and if he blows up he can sign a large deal sooner. Honestly though, what kind of NBA player is Daniels supposed to be? A 6-8 guy with zero handle, below avg. perimeter game and avg defender at best. Not that another year of college would have helped, but when some of these guys say they are going pro it should just be going to play pro hoops and leave the NBA out of the sentence.
Hey, thank god someone made a thread about Diamond Stone so you had another chance to trash our players.

Reaction Score
Questioning bad decisions, not players.

Hey, thank god someone made a thread about Diamond Stone so you had another chance to trash our players.

Reaction Score
We all talked about Diamond endlessly, we drooled over him. Seems underwhelming for a 5 star player of his skills to go to the NBA for $500,00 a year. Not saying it's not good money but it seems a poor choice by him to leave after 1 year.

Reaction Score
We all talked about Diamond endlessly, we drooled over him. Seems underwhelming for a 5 star player of his skills to go to the NBA for $500,00 a year. Not saying it's not good money but it seems a poor choice by him to leave after 1 year.
I guess you really created a thread to revel in the fact that this kid's college choices probably didn't work out as well as he had hoped? Cool man.

Reaction Score
No not revelling, is that a word? It just astounds me that he went for such little money after such a big build up pre college. I thought he did pretty well last year, we certainly could have used him, but I'm pretty sure that KO given even 1 more year could've made him worth a lot more money. It just seems a pittance for the tons of hype he got, not that I expected him to go in the top 5.

Reaction Score
Atleast we arent losing our collective sh over a 3 star like kasongo this time of year, now its 5 star players posters are embarrassing themselves over.

Speaking of Kasongo: Oregon to Southern Idaho to Tennessee to Iowa State. And he still has 2 years of eligibility left.

There's still hope.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No not revelling, is that a word? It just astounds me that he went for such little money after such a big build up pre college. I thought he did pretty well last year, we certainly could have used him, but I'm pretty sure that KO given even 1 more year could've made him worth a lot more money. It just seems a pittance for the tons of hype he got, not that I expected him to go in the top 5.
He would've made more money staying another year at Maryland, it doesn't matter with kids like this, they'll play the same regardless in most cases.

Reaction Score
My big question is why did Seals need Crofts? I mean what the hell did Crofts bring to the table really. Seals did most of the singing, wrote all the lyrics. I can get any studio joe blow to play the mandolin for god sakes.

Now I'm pissed off. thanks a lot for this thread.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So you are telling me making $1.1 million in 2 years is neither smart nor savvy? I've been totally doing this life thing all duck_cking wrong.

That was my reaction as well. Life would be much different for me if my poor career choices resulted in $1.1m guaranteed with the opportunity to earn several times that based on performance.

Reaction Score
That was my reaction as well. Life would be much different for me if my poor career choices resulted in $1.1m guaranteed with the opportunity to earn several times that based on performance.
The idea if you have the potential to play in the NBA is to maximize your skills. Some might say that just getting drafted and riding the bench is enough butI pose the question which I admit is debatable, if he came to our school played at least 2 -3 years under KO what would his draft position and guaranteed money have been? The pre school hype on him a 5 star suggests he should have become a top 10 draft choice set up for multi millions not 1 million.

Reaction Score
My big question is why did Seals need Crofts? I mean what the hell did Crofts bring to the table really. Seals did most of the singing, wrote all the lyrics. I can get any studio joe blow to play the mandolin for god sakes.

Now I'm pissed off. thanks a lot for this thread.
Crofts was the 5th Ramone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman