Diamond Stone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The idea if you have the potential to play in the NBA is to maximize your skills. Some might say that just getting drafted and riding the bench is enough butI pose the question which I admit is debatable, if he came to our school played at least 2 -3 years under KO what would his draft position and guaranteed money have been? The pre school hype on him a 5 star suggests he should have become a top 10 draft choice set up for multi millions not 1 million.

Well, we know if he came to UConn for 2-3 years he'd be at least $1m less wealthy. Everything else is speculation.

He'll have every opportunity to earn a second contract about the same time he would be declaring in your scenario.

And being a Top-10 HS recruit doesn't guarantee being a lottery pick.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys, but I kinda like ketchup.

That's the least shocking thing I've ever read

Reaction Score
There are advantages to him entering the draft this year beyond just that he'll be making money these next 2 years instead of being in college. This scenario he's a 2nd round pick. And I'll give him becoming a top 10 pick if he had stayed 3 years for this hypothetical.

With him leaving after last year, he now sets himself up to get his next contract at the age of 21. Assuming he gets the typical 4 year contract that sets him up to get contracts again at 25 and then at 29 (assuming he gets the typical 4/5 year contract)

If he stays in college for 2-3 years he's now getting drafted top 10 (like I mentioned, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he improved his draft stock by staying). That gives him the 4 year rookie contract, setting him up for a new contract at the age of 25 and then 29 or 30 depending on opt outs.

Essentially he's making a bet on himself to improve in the NBA, and as long as he does improve leaving after last season gives him an extra contract in his prime years.

Reaction Score
Agreed, and he signed for 2 years and if he shows promise his next deal could be 4 years $30M+ with the crazy money in the league. That's a lot more than what he would get even as #1 pick after 3 years of college. Huge ifs, could easily be out of the league after 2 and playing in Italy or Japan. Much better than just D-league money though that a lot of 2nd rounders or undrafted guys get.

There are advantages to him entering the draft this year beyond just that he'll be making money these next 2 years instead of being in college. This scenario he's a 2nd round pick. And I'll give him becoming a top 10 pick if he had stayed 3 years for this hypothetical.

With him leaving after last year, he now sets himself up to get his next contract at the age of 21. Assuming he gets the typical 4 year contract that sets him up to get contracts again at 25 and then at 29 (assuming he gets the typical 4/5 year contract)

If he stays in college for 2-3 years he's now getting drafted top 10 (like I mentioned, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he improved his draft stock by staying). That gives him the 4 year rookie contract, setting him up for a new contract at the age of 25 and then 29 or 30 depending on opt outs.

Essentially he's making a bet on himself to improve in the NBA, and as long as he does improve leaving after last season gives him an extra contract in his prime years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed, and he signed for 2 years and if he shows promise his next deal could be 4 years $30M+ with the crazy money in the league. That's a lot more than what he would get even as #1 pick after 3 years of college. Huge ifs, could easily be out of the league after 2 and playing in Italy or Japan. Much better than just D-league money though that a lot of 2nd rounders or undrafted guys get.

At his height and skill (fundamentally), I'd be surprised to see him out of the league after 2 years. Those guys usually get longer rope than most. He'll definitely get a second contract imo. The only question is what at what money it will be.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am not adverse to a little schadenfreude. But it seems misguided to me here.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My big question is why did Seals need Crofts? I mean what the hell did Crofts bring to the table really. Seals did most of the singing, wrote all the lyrics. I can get any studio joe blow to play the mandolin for god sakes.

Now I'm pissed off. thanks a lot for this thread.
Art Garfunkel sets the standard here, followed by Graham Nash.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What a pill. Paul Simon was on YES' Backstage and related how once Garfunkel started doing movies, he told Simon his plan to make movies for six months a year. And during that time Simon could write songs and for the next six months he would come back and record with him. Simon pretty much said that's not gonna happen.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What does the Queen of the Nudes think about Diamond Stone declaring early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom