Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No idea who this guy is but...
David Hookstead ‏@dhookstead 31m31 minutes ago
Just got word from a person involved in the situation that Diamond Stone is HEAVILY favoring signing with the Badgers.

David Hookstead ‏@dhookstead 30m30 minutes ago
Diamond Stone will announce his college decision on Nov. 12, and after what I was just told I'd bet my savings he's going to Wisconsin.
All we need now is for Scott Gray to tweet that his sources have confirmed that Diamond Stone will commit by end of the month!!!!

Reaction Score
Is this going to be one of those ESPNU hat-revealing dealies? When's the last time we were an option in one of those?

Reaction Score
I'm thinking on the lines that Diamond, his dad, his mom, and his AAU coach were all here for his official visit but his mom wasn't here for the unofficial visit in the spring.
Let me know how KO does with your "litmus test"....

If snagging the three guys you mention within his first 2 years on the job hasn't made you a believer, you're probably better off rooting for a different shade of Blue....

My point is if we miss on Mack, Stone, Jones and Clarke....2016 will provide a great opportunity to reinforce his talents on the recruiting trail as it relates to consistency. I obviously believe in Kevin Ollie and think he will be a future Hall of Fame coach if he stays in the college ranks for 25 years.

Reaction Score
My crystal boil says he goes lottery because he figures everything out. And UConn wins back to back championships. I reserve the right to flip these projections as the season progresses.:cool:
Is the 11/12 declaration date set in stone for Stone? I remember reading in a 11/21 article that Robert Stone claimed the date wasn't set in stone. Any Crystal Boil predictions on that? :)

Reaction Score
I'm thinking on the lines that Diamond, his dad, his mom, and his AAU coach were all here for his official visit but his mom wasn't here for the unofficial visit in the spring.

Surprised to see that his AAU coach might have visited. Is this common ? I know that the AAU coach can be involved in influencing and maybe even the decision making process, but accompanying the recruit on his official visit seems odd to me. Especially since this appears Stone's family is involved so much in this process.

Reaction Score
Surprised to see that his AAU coach might have visited. Is this common ? I know that the AAU coach can be involved in influencing and maybe even the decision making process, but accompanying the recruit on his official visit seems odd to me. Especially since this appears Stone's family is involved so much in this process.

Especially since his AAU coach is affiliated with Under Armour. The last thing he wants to say to his bosses is that he lost this kid to a Nike school far away. At least with Wisconsin he can say the home ties were too strong.

Reaction Score
If we don't get Stone let's worry about this year as something somehow will work out. A senior transfer, a kid who was caught in the middle of the UNC or Cuse drops them and comes here - who knows but we're UConn we will be fine! Plus, Brimah's not going anywhere. If you think he's going to be that good, I mean "definite lottery pick good" then you may be extremely disappointed. I have heard the improvements in shooting and what not be has a ways to go in game time instincts so we will see. I doubt he's leaving but he'll be getting better. He's a 3 year guy like Thabeet.
Brimah is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Watching him practice and scrimmage you can see a huuuuge difference from last year. Better hands x10 and a knockdown 15 foot jumpshooter.

Reaction Score
My crystal boil says he goes lottery because he figures everything out. And UConn wins back to back championships. I reserve the right to flip these projections as the season progresses.:cool:

A crystal "boil" huh? That must be real pretty! :confused:

Reaction Score
Brimah is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Watching him practice and scrimmage you can see a huuuuge difference from last year. Better hands x10 and a knockdown 15 foot jumpshooter.

Oh I agree but depending on how "huge" the improvement, it's not enough to get him in the lottery. He's going to be a lot better no doubt but only if he goes 10/12/5 does he get that kind of respect and to ask that much of an improvement would be a little much. Can't wait to see him out there, but the key is, as we've discussed, the improvement of positioning, reading rebounds, not getting caught too much under the basket and staying out of foul trouble. I have no doubt the shooting, offense if he gets himself in spots to score will improve. But will the natural intelligence that needs to be there improve a lot?

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone Enjoys UConn, Wisconsin Trips; No Decision Date Set

“UConn was nice, it was a good visit,” Curtis said. “It was his second time out there, he had done an unofficial. It was nice to get in-depth look at the new practice facility which was just being built the first time we went up there. We saw the guys practicing and spent some quality time with Coach Ollie and his staff and the players, so it was a really good visit.”

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone Enjoys UConn, Wisconsin Trips; No Decision Date Set

“UConn was nice, it was a good visit,” Curtis said. “It was his second time out there, he had done an unofficial. It was nice to get in-depth look at the new practice facility which was just being built the first time we went up there. We saw the guys practicing and spent some quality time with Coach Ollie and his staff and the players, so it was a really good visit.”

Thank you...

Reaction Score
Oh I agree but depending on how "huge" the improvement, it's not enough to get him in the lottery. He's going to be a lot better no doubt but only if he goes 10/12/5 does he get that kind of respect and to ask that much of an improvement would be a little much. Can't wait to see him out there, but the key is, as we've discussed, the improvement of positioning, reading rebounds, not getting caught too much under the basket and staying out of foul trouble. I have no doubt the shooting, offense if he gets himself in spots to score will improve. But will the natural intelligence that needs to be there improve a lot?

If everything we're hearing about Brimah's improvement is true, then I like his chances being a lottery pick. The NBA values size above all else for it's lottery picks. Big men go first, and if Brimah is one of the top 10 big men at the end of the season, then he's going to be a lottery pick.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@tcf15 @husky99 @3uconn is there consensus on whether or not Stone will actually announce on the 12th? I thought he has wavered back and forth on that and I don't recall that ever being confirmed but most here are talking like that is a given.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@tcf15 @husky99 @3uconn is there consensus on whether or not Stone will actually announce on the 12th? I thought he has wavered back and forth on that and I don't recall that ever being confirmed but most here are talking like that is a given.
Read four posts above yours. No decision date set!

Reaction Score

No clue. ...there is 10 different experts saying 10 things

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No clue. ...there is 10 different experts saying 10 things
Well, thank God you started the "just the facts" thread so we can distill them all.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"Christian. Politically active. Conservative. Strong 2nd Amendment supporter. I believe in the free market and personal responsibility. Liberty Forever!"
One at a time, ladies!

This is also one of his tweets:

David Hookstead‏@dhookstead
I tweeted about a college Democrats group and then they deleted their Twitter. Very fishy.​

Fair chance he's knee deep in his own paranoia. I have to think him guaranteeing Stone is so that, when Stone committs to UCONN, Hookie can scream bloody murder about illegal shenanigans.

Reaction Score
This is also one of his tweets:

David Hookstead‏@dhookstead
I tweeted about a college Democrats group and then they deleted their Twitter. Very fishy.​

Fair chance he's knee deep in his own paranoia. I have to think him guaranteeing Stone is so that, when Stone committs to UCONN, Hookie can scream bloody murder about illegal shenanigans.

It must annoy him that the Kohl Center was named after a Dem. Senator Herb Kohl that donated 25 mill (if not mistaken).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom