Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Diamond Deshields transferring from UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno has, also, spoken of the importance of team chemistry. He would want clear indications that bringing her in would not be disruptive of the team.

I think the team would have great "chemistry" with her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maybe Diamond told Wilson to go to USC and told her that she would transfer to play with her for 3 years, or 2 at a minimum.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think Geno would take her?

Not a prayer, at this point. Geno is not looking for players who can't make up their minds. The only case I can imagine as an exception would be if DeShields had been abusued by one of the staff, but there's no reason to believe that's what's going on here.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not a prayer, at this point. Geno is not looking for players who can't make up their minds. The only case I can imagine as an exception would be if DeShields had been abusued by one of the staff, but there's no reason to believe that's what's going on here.
Yes, the case with Hunter was exceptional because she always wanted UCONN.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If Geno was a lot younger he might relish the challenge but I can't see it now.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
My impression is that woman's BB was involved
Occam's razor indicates you are most likely correct. :) If so, I feel bad Ms. DeShields is having her college years upended so dramatically and for Coach Hatchell getting blind-sided by the news.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I think there are three possible destinations in college basketball for Diamond... Georgia or possibly Georgia Tech where she can be reunited with Kaela Davis. Maryland is the last possibility....why you ask? Well, Brendasaurus has a history of picking up players who transfer out of their programs...so, I wouldn't put it past Brenda to have already spoken with DD about transferring into her program. Remember Brenda is minus that one big, make a difference player now that Thomas has graduated.

Then there is always European or overseas basketball. Couple of years of that then eligible for WNBA.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
And it would also be seen as rewarding bad behavior. Can you imagine if one of the players now on the UConn team acted this way?

I honestly need some help here. What 'bad behavior' by DD is being referenced?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Any coach in America will take Diamond. UCONN hasn't landed a top 10 recruit in the last two classes, which could be felt after Stewart leaves. If Geno doesn't feel good about any of the top 10 players in 2015 taking Diamond is a no-brainer.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I honestly need some help here. What 'bad behavior' by DD is being referenced?

To some, just being named Diamond is enough. She had a tendency to get in opponents' faces last year, but that is something that can quickly be corrected by a strong coach.

Reaction Score
I don't think the NCAA would let one go play "pro" for a year and come back and play "amateur" in college.
What about Achonwa playing for the Canadian Olympic Team. Natalie was playing against and maybe with pros.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Mechelle Voepel @MechelleV
Talking to Diamond back in February, I just got sense she was "down," homesick, not entirely happy. I don't know if that has anything ...

Mechelle Voepel @MechelleV
to do with her decision to leave UNC. Kids are kids. A lot goes on in their lives/minds that media certainly are not privy to knowing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And when, on Pack Pride, there are more posts in the thread on the main board about DeShields' transferring than Jabari Parker declaring for the NBA.

Ha... I went over their to check it out...... Pack Pride is brutal when it comes to UNC.... :eek:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
What about Achonwa playing for the Canadian Olympic Team. Natalie was playing against and maybe with pros.
But, not getting paid for it. There were a few amateur golfers playing in the Masters this past week, too - and, amateur golfers have won professional tourneys. They just don't get paid, so, they retain amateur status.

Reaction Score
She had knee and ankle problems the last few games. Think that had anything to do with all of this?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The timing (one day after Wilson's announcement) is a bit interesting. Did she wait a day for the announcement to allow Wilson to enjoy the spotlight?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Any coach in America will take Diamond. UCONN hasn't landed a top 10 recruit in the last two classes, which could be felt after Stewart leaves. If Geno doesn't feel good about any of the top 10 players in 2015 taking Diamond is a no-brainer.

You have been worrying about us way to much Tex

Reaction Score
Comment on ESPN page say's rumor is she wants to follow best friend Te'a Cooper and Asia Durr to UT. Hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom