Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Diaco's First Changes - Verducci moved to non-coaching position/OC Search underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Offensive Coordinator job still not posted on UConn Career Site
Based on prior UConn athletic department hirings, wouldn't the decision maker(s) need to pin down specific intended candidates and then provide precise background specs to the university HR department? When it's not absolutely clear who the head coach will be (Is it?), or who the strongest decision maker versus influencers are, it may be challenging to obtain and post the specs. I think I jest, but certainly not with full confidence. ;)

Reaction Score
Based on prior UConn athletic department hirings, wouldn't the decision maker(s) need to pin down specific intended candidates and then provide precise background specs to the university HR department?
Yup - from earlier in thread...
BTW, job is not posted yet so they are still looking for the person to write the job description qualifications for ;)

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Diaco is just going to bring his guys that fit his conservative/stupid style. Different names, same style and probably same results.

That GD buyout is likely the final blow to killing our football program and entire athletic department.

I imagine that Bob thinks the season went awry when we went away from a "physical, downhill" offense to a spread offense. Granted, neither worked, but this guy is going to double down on what he thinks is best. He wants to play like he thinks Alabama plays, but without half the talent.

Reaction Score
I think you may not see it posted until after the Coaches Convention. He can use that venue to interview a bunch of candidates in 1 spot.

Reaction Score
I imagine that Bob thinks the season went awry when we went away from a "physical, downhill" offense to a spread offense. Granted, neither worked, but this guy is going to double down on what he thinks is best. He wants to play like he thinks Alabama plays, but without half the talent.
Oddly enough I don't think that is true. I have to say he has been saying something different mostly along the lines that we changed the o but the coaches we have were not versed in the new approach.

In all honesty I am still struggling to figure out what happened to this team after halftime of the UCF game. They were coming off a win and had moved the ball and had the lead in that game then just totally self-destructed from there on. i don't think I've ever seen a team totally fall apart like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom