Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska.

Reaction Score
You know Diaco is watching this movie every night

darkknightrises-06.jpg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Granted Nebraska gets better recruits out the gate than UCONN, but they have to do a lot of "coaching up" as well. Not saying they never have a top 25 class but thats not their norm.
First of all, he recruited horribly here. This 2017 class may be the lowest rated since UCONN jumped to D1. Don't mean to bash these kids, and I expect HCRE to get the best out of them. NU fans think he'll recruit New England and New Jersey for them? Any advantage he would have as a recruiter if you want to compare it to UCONN is the current state of each program, one of which he helped bury.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
First of all, he recruited horribly here. This 2017 class may be the lowest rated since UCONN jumped to D1. Don't mean to bash these kids, and I expect HCRE to get the best out of them. NU fans think he'll recruit New England and New Jersey for them? Any advantage he would have as a recruiter if you want to compare it to UCONN is the current state of each program, one of which he helped bury.

2015 was worse.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I saw on NBC this evening about Diaco being interviewed by Coach Bret Bielema. How would this affect his pay out? Do the Donors who ponyed up get their checks back? I would imagine this could work out in the school's favor.
Who cares, can his name never be mentioned anymore?

Reaction Score

I wasn't referring to Diaco or UCONN other than the fact Nebraska generally gets a better recruit to start with. My point was Nebraska's recruiting isn't a perennial top 25 haul and they have to coach up their players. They aren't flush with 5* and 4* players as some would think. They get them yes, but its not run of the mill.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

From that article:

Nebraska can benefit from that blunt assessment two years after the dismissal of former head coach Bo Pelini. Diaco is somewhere between Pelini and coach Mike Riley. NU needs some defensive coach who doesn’t have to use the kid gloves with the current roster

Holy cow. They must be thinking of a different Bob Diaco. All he did was treat kids soft, and he is about as far from Bo Pelini as a human could be. Good luck with all that Nebraska.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
At least they got the being blunt part right.

Reaction Score
Who cares, can his name never be mentioned anymore?
Randy might be putting together a show that might make up for what has happened, and we'll be able to laugh at the past two head coaches.

What's hard to believe is SEC and Big Ten programs fought each other over Diaco. Hopefully, he'll be nice and say nice words about us while out there.

Reaction Score
Good hire for Nebraska IMHO.
Yup. Diaco is now back in his element and will probably thrive. Plus he gets to wear his favorite color (red) all the time now. He'll do well.

Reaction Score
Does any of that Nebraska contract defray some of the buyout?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-14_19-45-8.png

Um. Have you by any chance seen the bottom half of this picture? I'm torn as to what's going on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom