Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I am happy for him as he is far enough away from UConn and can no longer hurt this team
I just wish it didn't cost UConn $3.4 million
Thank you Bill, so many do not realize the financial devastation he did here.

Diaco is the worst head coach I've ever seen but he proved he can be a good defensive coordinator. He is a nice guy, I wish him well.
Superjohn....No bashing here but totally disagree with the concept he is a nice guy. A nice guy would have faced the facts of not being capable of performing his job to the level expected and being compensated for. He took the program closer to the bowels of hell and the money also.
Nice guys finish last, that will never be a problem for him. He thinks the UConn program was just short of phenomenal while being one of the worst in all of college football. Now having taken UConn over the hurdles for 3.4 million and a new job paying just south of a mill a year I look at him more as a POS.
Again no attack just a difference of opinion.

Reaction Score
When I heard the FHCBD was hired by Nebraska, the only thoughts that came to mind were:
-He was wearing red pants last season as part of a diabolical auditioning ritual
-As the B1G has designated UConn as P5 for scheduling purposes, if FHCBD's signing with Nebraska gets UConn a home & home series with the Huskers, all well & good.

Otherwise, he's dead to me.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
This reminds me of the famous cartoon where a construction worker finds a box with a singing frog and he thinks he'll make millions of dollars, but every time he puts the frog in front of a live audience, the frog only croaks. Eventually he gives up. Then, many years later, another person finds the singing frog and dreams of making big money (surely to be disappointed).

Diaco is the frog, and Nebraska thinks they have struck it rich.

Reaction Score
Thank you Bill, so many do not realize the financial devastation he did here.

Superjohn....No bashing here but totally disagree with the concept he is a nice guy. A nice guy would have faced the facts of not being capable of performing his job to the level expected and being compensated for. He took the program closer to the bowels of hell and the money also.
Nice guys finish last, that will never be a problem for him. He thinks the UConn program was just short of phenomenal while being one of the worst in all of college football. Now having taken UConn over the hurdles for 3.4 million and a new job paying just south of a mill a year I look at him more as a POS.
Again no attack just a difference of opinion.

I think the guy is a jerk because he sells snake oil.

But let me know when you're going to burn millions of guaranteed money because you're unqualified for the job you were hired for.

Reaction Score
I love how every article published about him as their new DC on the interwebs doesn't include statistics from his 3 years as the coordinator of UConn's defense. It's as if his 3 years of coaching defense at UConn vanished into thin air and it doesn't matter because they were so bad.

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
LOL...not one word! It's as if they, Nebraska and the reporter that is, didn't want any negatives, or facts from his recent past, used in the article. They even posted a picture from his ND days as their lead photo...too funny!

That is how "hometown" news gets done in other regions.

Reaction Score
That is how "hometown" news gets done in other regions.

I guess...lol Of course, had they mentioned how poorly he did here, including with his defenses, they might have had to defend the record salary they just gave him. :eek:

Reaction Score
I guess...lol Of course, had they mentioned how poorly he did here, including with his defenses, they might have had to defend the record salary they just gave him. :eek:

Nope. They would have blamed his failure on good old UConn.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco: 'We don't tear people down. No profanity or emasculating in teaching'

>>Diaco’s three-year run as UConn head coach was perhaps best known for his quirky comments and ideas, like creating a rivalry with UCF. Asked to describe himself, Diaco was reflective of that perception.

“Tying not to myself too seriously, my family would probably describe me, in a psychological way, as obsessive compulsive or all those terms,” he said. “I would say I just believe things should be done a certain way, so I don’t know why that has to be coded with anything. Like, I want to straighten out all your microphones right now. I’m slightly compelled to do it, but I think I would disrupt the meeting.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom