Diaco on Knoxville radio 6/15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Knoxville radio 6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Without having heard a word of the interview, I can tell you with complete certainty that his tone was positive and energetic, grounded in reality but still optimistic. He came across as a really sharp, motivated man that will lead his football team on the journey from young men to mature adults. One day at a time. He is committed to the University of Connecticut, and unwavering in his resolve to do things the right way.

Because that's like every Diaco interview, right? He is just the best coach we've ever had...

I wouldn't say he's the best coach we've ever had. I would say he's the best spokesman for the program we've ever had, but I think this year can solidify him as one of the tops in program history. But you also may have been sarcastic. I can never tell lol

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he's the best coach we've ever had. I would say he's the best spokesman for the program we've ever had, but I think this year can solidify him as one of the tops in program history. But you also may have been sarcastic. I can never tell lol

I'm only 27, as far as I'm concerned he is the greatest UConn coach. If I was being sarcastic, I would have said something like my dream job is to be the head football coach at the University of Maryland.

Reaction Score
I'm only 27, as far as I'm concerned he is the greatest UConn coach. If I was being sarcastic, I would have said something like my dream job is to be the head football coach at the University of Maryland.

We're not THAT far apart in age. Although I'm still a bit sour on how Edsall left, I think he wasn't given a fair shot in Maryland. Between endless injuries every year and the media basically condemning him from day one, I think he's paid his dues. I also think he dropped the ball a bit because if he hung around another year at UConn and still managed to win another 8 or 9 games that year, he'd be at his real dream job of Penn State.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Edsall was the best coach because of the results and upward trajectory he gave us. Edsall built this from trailers. Diaco had the Shenkman building. Edsall didn't have a full set of scholarships to start. Diaco did. The ONLY area Diaco had it harder was Edsall had Holtz' s kids (and he jettisoned them) and Diaco had Pasqualoni's ( and he jettisoned lots of them). Edsall might have maxed out where he could take us and the only way Diaco can be considered better is if he can get us to places where Edsall couldn't. Diaco has lots to prove before he earns best UCONN Football Coach award.

Reaction Score
Edsall was the best coach because of the results and upward trajectory he gave us. Edsall built this from trailers. Diaco had the Shenkman building. Edsall didn't have a full set of scholarships to start. Diaco did. The ONLY area Diaco had it harder was Edsall had Holtz' s kids (and he jettisoned them) and Diaco had Pasqualoni's ( and he jettisoned lots of them). Edsall might have maxed out where he could take us and the only way Diaco can be considered better is if he can get us to places where Edsall couldn't. Diaco has lots to prove before he earns best UCONN Football Coach award.

I liked this not because I am pro-Edsall AND anti-Diaco, but because, as Hardcore insinuates, its too early to tell if he is the "best ever." Having said that, I think that he is doing a great job on many levels and has the program headed in the right direction. If UConn football continues on this trajectory under his tutelage, I think he will earn that title. Just not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom