Diaco on Knoxville radio 6/15 | The Boneyard

Diaco on Knoxville radio 6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This is interesting. #UConnNation #AmIRight?

Why Knoxville radio station? Am I missing something? Series dates with Tennessee have been rescheduled and announcement today? Going to SEC (lol!)? Or just brand building?
image.png

Reaction Score
This is interesting. #UConnNation #AmIRight?

Why Knoxville radio station? Am I missing something? Series dates with Tennessee have been rescheduled and announcement today? Going to SEC (lol!)? Or just brand building?
View attachment 14101

Don't hurt yourself laughing, but Kentucky will be out partner when we go to B1G

Reaction Score
Interesting to hear Coach Diaco talk about Billy Williams. Sounds like its questionable if he will be with the program moving forward...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting to hear Coach Diaco talk about Billy Williams. Sounds like its questionable if he will be with the program moving forward...

Yeah, that was about the "worse (for lack of a better term)" way you could talk about a hometown kid to a radio station 800 miles away. Doesn't sound like there is a future.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was about the "worse (for lack of a better term)" way you could talk about a hometown kid to a radio station 800 miles away. Doesn't sound like there is a future.

Right, and I don't think you even bring it up if its likely that he would be with the program. Too bad.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
what the heck did he say?!

Reaction Score
Knoxville radio announcers also mention Tennessee home and home series down the road. Interesting, I was under the impression the series had to be rescheduled by sometime last fall or it would be cancelled. Would have thought a sports talk show in Knoxville would know that?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Did he actually mention that we'll be playing Oklahoma this season? Not once but twice. Big 12 on the brain.

Reaction Score
Did he actually mention that we'll be playing Oklahoma this season? Not once but twice. Big 12 on the brain.

He mentioned that Oklahoma was on one of the American teams OOC schedule then proceeded to repeat and specifically say Houston is playing them.

Reaction Score
what the heck did he say?!
Mentioned a "life change" and said he wasnt sure about his future with the program.

I hadnt heard anything about this until today. Anyone else ???

Reaction Score
Mentioned a "life change" and said he wasnt sure about his future with the program.

I hadnt heard anything about this until today. Anyone else ???

"Life phase change" sounds like a maturity/commitment scenario. If anything - Diaco usually doesn't say something without specific intent in scenarios like this... wonder if he was trying to send a message to BW that he needs to kick it up a notch whether it's behavior, academics or conditioning based?

Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball 31 mins ago
Coach Diaco goes back to his Iowa roots this morning at 10:30 Eastern on @KCJJ in Iowa City #UConnNation

Pat Harty ‏@PatHarty 10h10 hours ago
Huge thanks to UCONN head coach Bob Diaco for being our guest today on KCJJ. Great insight, passion and stories from a former Hawkeye.

Pat Harty ‏@PatHarty 8h8 hours ago
UCONN head coach Bob Diaco talks for 30 minutes about being a former Hawkeye and about Hayden Fry's huge influence
Wednesday’s podcast features UCONN head coach and former Iowa LB Bob Diaco | AllHawkeyes.com

Convo w/ HCBD starts about the 20 minute mark.

Reaction Score
He was referring to the Northern Iowa transfer.

Yes. i know. I was responding to someone who asked about what was said regarding Williams.

I hadnt anything about this until now.

Reaction Score
Pat Harty ‏@PatHarty 10h10 hours ago
Huge thanks to UCONN head coach Bob Diaco for being our guest today on KCJJ. Great insight, passion and stories from a former Hawkeye.

Pat Harty ‏@PatHarty 8h8 hours ago
UCONN head coach Bob Diaco talks for 30 minutes about being a former Hawkeye and about Hayden Fry's huge influence
Wednesday’s podcast features UCONN head coach and former Iowa LB Bob Diaco | AllHawkeyes.com

Convo w/ HCBD starts about the 20 minute mark.

Good stuff until the end "Pasqualoni did a good job there."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No time to listen. Can anyone summarize the general tone? How did he come across? Was there any fan participation (calls?). Were people asking about UConn football at all?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
No time to listen. Can anyone summarize the general tone? How did he come across? Was there any fan participation (calls?). Were people asking about UConn football at all?

Without having heard a word of the interview, I can tell you with complete certainty that his tone was positive and energetic, grounded in reality but still optimistic. He came across as a really sharp, motivated man that will lead his football team on the journey from young men to mature adults. One day at a time. He is committed to the University of Connecticut, and unwavering in his resolve to do things the right way.

Because that's like every Diaco interview, right? He is just the best coach we've ever had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom