Diaco is not the guy | The Boneyard

Diaco is not the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our head coach has a total lack of offensive imagination, plays the game like it's 1940 instead of 2016, has no concept of what is working/no feel for the game, no sense of clock management and worst of all no ability to change and admit when something doesn't work. This idiot has been shown over and over that Ron Johnson can't get it in the endzone from a yard away and this idiot doubles, triples, quadruples and quintuples down on it. This is on David Benedict now, we brought in a guy with a big football background, I'm sure he recognizes how much Diaco sucks but if he's unwilling to make the change within the next few months then I'm done. I stuck with them for years when I knew right away Pasqualoni wasn't the guy, I'm not willing to do it again. Benedict, you know the problem now fix it.

Reaction Score
We can't financially afford to get rid of Diaco, but I would like to see us hire an OC with actual experience managing an offense and relegate Diaco to a CEO-type position. Get his hands out of the offense and get a guy who's been there before to teach the O

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing but then the new guy will still need a line that can block and a QB that can throw... then what?
Recruit better lineman or teach them to block better

Reaction Score
I can't stand the bland offense, but what's really got me down this year is the greatly diminished defense. That's Diaco's wheelhouse and we couldn't even stop Maine

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing but then the new guy will still need a line that can block and a QB that can throw... then what?
Also coaching. No excuse for our line to be this bad. Shirreffs just isn't an accurate thrower but put him in throwing positions to be successful. Rolling him out to throw on the run from your own goaline when he has shown time and time again he can't throw on the run is just another indictment on our coaching.

Reaction Score
There isn't much left to say. Decide whether we want to play big boy football or not. This 6 years of Shiite is enough for me. Benedict needs to make something happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The lack of imagination bothers the hell out of me. The complete lack of situational awareness scares the hell out of me.

Really, really, really, (add 50 more reallys) disappointed today. Really.

UconnWitt

Because Fartman69 was taken.
Reaction Score
I had a sinking feeling in my gut that HCBD was out of his element during the 2014 Army game at Yankee Stadium...I convinced myself that it was first-year-coach growing pains. I lied to myself. Diaco isn't a head coach...and that's hard for me to say-I like him and want him to be successful. I hope I'm wrong...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Rolling him out to throw on the run from your own goaline when he has shown time and time again he can't throw on the run is just another indictment on our coaching.
For a sane coach that would be one of the three worst play calls of the year. For us it's not even one of the three worst of the game.

Reaction Score
Diaco is a risk averse coach.

Shirreffs is a risk averse QB

The defense is a risk averse defense.

Perfect blend of risk averse pieces that can only mean failure. Tell me anyone, any business or any team that was successful without taking risks. None comes to mind.

By the way, Verducci is the OC when Diaco says he is. Otherwise Diaco calls the plays, like 3 runs last week near our own end zone. Unfortunately this week he went run, run, pass -- pick 6. We will never see a pass inside our own 10 ever again.

Could be a long, long (add 50 more longs) year.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Our head coach has a total lack of offensive imagination, plays the game like it's 1940 instead of 2016, has no concept of what is working/no feel for the game, no sense of clock management and worst of all no ability to change and admit when something doesn't work. This idiot has been shown over and over that Ron Johnson can't get it in the endzone from a yard away and this idiot doubles, triples, quadruples and quintuples down on it. This is on David Benedict now, we brought in a guy with a big football background, I'm sure he recognizes how much Diaco sucks but if he's unwilling to make the change within the next few months then I'm done. I stuck with them for years when I knew right away Pasqualoni wasn't the guy, I'm not willing to do it again. Benedict, you know the problem now fix it.
and this is not the program,embarrassing loss,doesn't look for down the road this ass clown is another excuse maker

Reaction Score
Diaco will be a great defensive coordinator in the Big 10 but he just lacks too many things to be a head coach and the sooner Benedict pulls the trigger the better. Diaco is a good guy, good defensive guy but he really lacks gravitas and it shows. I don't think he is back if this doesn't turn around very quickly.

Reaction Score
Maybe Benedict will be able to some arm twisting, given his connections.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
In six games against non-ranked FBS teams Wiest went 3-3. In three years since then Diaco's gone 6-17.

We're losing ground against our peer group. Last year's win over Houston was nice and all, but it's very definitely an outlier, and I suspect they'll go ahead and prove it next weekend.

Reaction Score
This loss hurts and the barely wins against a very weak Maine team and also the barely won Virginia game against another weak team doesn't bode very well going forward. the boring RJ runs is getting old. You have to wake up to football play in this century and not the plodding playing not to lose. that idea doesn't work when you have teams that throw the ball at will against you and you are trying to wear them down in the end with your superior stamina. How many of HCBD recruits are there in the O line. i know Levy isn't one, but not sure how many more,. Levy is pretty bad anyway.

Reaction Score
The lack of imagination bothers the hell out of me. The complete lack of situational awareness scares the hell out of me.

Really, really, really, (add 50 more reallys) disappointed today. Really.
We have to be the easiest team to defend in the country. I suggested a quick short passing game woukd be our best approach. Never did I imagine they would try to implement with 1 and 2 yds pass routes. The sheer stupidity UCONN fans have to sit through weekly is mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom