Diaco is not the guy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco is not the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whether we like it or not, he's going not going anywhere with that big buyout.

Here's where I'm at with the whole situation. He was the guy we needed to turn around the dumpster fire we had when he arrived. He stripped the program down, and did a pretty good job building it back up, evidenced by the unexpected bowl appearance last year. Now that we're at the point of turning the corner, it seems his on field coaching weaknesses have shown and they are GLARING.

Like I said, I don't believe he's going anywhere, but I do think some changes should be made on the offensive side of the ball, and he's going to have to accept that his philosophy of 19th century football isn't going to cut it. We don't need to be Oregon or Baylor. But we need to do something to move the ball.

Reaction Score
Diaco isn't the guy I agree but who is? I'm still mad at the way Randy left and also would have loved to see what Joe Moorehead could have done wit no handcuffs or TJ Weist. I believe Diaco is on the hot seat and I don't think 4 or 5 wins gets him to next year. I've got no clue what Benedict is going to do but this could make or break his career and if Diaco has taught him anything he knows being passive gets you nothing but losses, heartache, empty seats and hoping the NVL will take you in. Go Huskies

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
In six games against non-ranked FBS teams Wiest went 3-3. In three years since then Diaco's gone 6-17.

We're losing ground against our peer group. Last year's win over Houston was nice and all, but it's very definitely an outlier, and I suspect they'll go ahead and prove it next weekend.

Houston game's Thursday.

Reaction Score
Go yourself
I wish I was wrong and I kept trying to convince myself that he would get it done but he really hasn't and shows little sign that he will. From the way he approached his first season through today he just doesn't come across like a head coach. Even looking at his staff it's like he hired all his old fraternity buddies, Who does that? Just very unprofessional and he who shall not be named let him do it. Football guy my a s$$. But Benedict has zero loyalty to Diaco. His evaluation will be on performance not protecting his backside.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I think we should do with the NHL did years ago not have announcers instead we should go without a coaching staff for one weekend

Reaction Score
Here's the reality. Backed up against the end zone at Navy after letting a punt roll free, the first play called by our OC was a play action pass. Then Diacos voice came through No,no,no. Run run run.
Diaco doesn't even trust his FCS caliber OC. Benedict needs to hire a P-5 caliber OC and Diaco needs to keep his head and voice out of the offense.

Reaction Score
Hash that isn't happening because it never works. See Pasqualoni, Paul. For one thing you can't tell a head coach who his coordinator will be plus you can't tell him to stay out of any aspect of the game since ultimately he is in charge. I'm not really of the opinion the problem is the coordinator any way. He isn't great but really he doesn't call time and all the other strange stuff that goes on.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Diaco is here until the dust settles on the Big 12. If we get in, he's gone and we get a Big 12 caliber coach. If we stay in the AAC, he'll get more time to improve.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Diaco is here until the dust settles on the Big 12. If we get in, he's gone and we get a Big 12 caliber coach. If we stay in the AAC, he'll get more time to improve.
What has he done that would make another school say : yup, we want that!

Diaco would do great at a Baylor or some other school so wracked with scandle that they almost don't care about winning. Clean house, start over with Diaco? Sure.

Actually play 3 phases of football and win with Diaco? So far that answer is no.

Reaction Score
If they don't go to a bowl this year then the AD needs to step up and either find a guy that can recruit P-5 type talent or tell Diaco 7-5 next year or move on. Because it's impossible to recruit top line talent to UConn it could be just as impossible to hire top line coaching. But... there has to be someone out there that can make it work here. The facilities are in place, the school is no slouch and there is an entire state's attention(and $$$) out there for the taking with no instate pro team to compete with. Come on, somebody please build a football program.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
He's too soft and too rah-rah. After yet another quick QB sneak got snuffed out he was hopping, hopping for Gods sakes, onto the field clapping his hands and then gave the double thumbs up sign. Seriously? He needed to drag his O line to the bench and get in their grilles. Then he should have called his OC and told him to cut the crap.

I've tried to get behind him but ever since he started with those "practice games" in his first season I've been afraid that he was in way over his head. Thee is no denying that now. No matter what the cost, Benedict has to get rid of him ASAP before the damage gets worse.

Reaction Score
The dust has settled. There will be no Big 12 invite. If it wasn't settled, do you really think the current state of UConn football would get them an invite, Diaco or no Diaco? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom