DHam Draft Projection | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DHam Draft Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only care about scrappy2.0 projection (where has that lovable fool been lately, speaking of?)

If I remember correctly he invested all of his money in an internet gaming company. At this point he's either living underneath a Hartford bridge or in a mansion in the Caribbean. Seems like the only two logical options for Scrappy.

Reaction Score
NBAdraft.net is notoriously inaccurate and has gotten worse and worse every year with their lazy predictions and analysis. Draftexpress is by far and away the better site when it comes to all things draft and they have DHam not even getting drafted which seems more likely than him sneaking into the 1st round. Hoping for the best for Hammy but I will eat my shoes if he has his name called in the 1st round.

Things can certainly change once players pull out of the draft but a 1st round grade for him at this point seems like a Willy Loman pipe dream

DraftExpress: Mock Draft
This is actually completely wrong, and I feel we do this every year. Look at the rankings, just do it please. This way you are not making lazy declarations.

But in case you are lazy here is just last year: NBA Mock Draft Site Rankings: The Best NBA Mock Drafts

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm starting to think he will end up in Boston like a lot of people are saying, specifically if the rest of the league isn't that jazzed about him (now he will almost certainly end up on Utah). We certainly saw a lot of Danny Ainge at our games throughout the season, and maybe he was keeping an early eye on Jalen since he's from Boston, but I do think Hamilton will end up just fine for his current skill level. He will definitely have a shot, its just a matter of how hard he works to make it count.
He better learn to play some defense if he goes to Boston.

Reaction Score
Late 1st. early second, will get a good look, has the tools

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is actually completely wrong, and I feel we do this every year. Look at the rankings, just do it please. This way you are not making lazy declarations.

But in case you are lazy here is just last year: NBA Mock Draft Site Rankings: The Best NBA Mock Drafts

Nbadraftnet is pretty terrible until the draft is close. At that point everybody is copying each other. And I don't know if 2015 was an outlier or, as you're implying, par for the course. Even if their final mocks are good, that's meaningless.

I don't know why anyone would bother reading it when Draft Express is available. They actually analyze players. Here's nbadraft.net's awesome analysis of DHam:

"Notes: Younger brother of Gary (University of Miami), Jordan (University of Texas/NBA) and Isaac Hamilton (2013) ... Measured 6'8.5 (with shoes) 178 lbs with a 6'8 wingspan at the 2013 Kevin Durant Skills Academy ... Measured 6’8’’ in shoes, with a 6’8’’ wingspan and 198 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy"

You seem to get exceedingly irritated by people who have an opinion that you believe is disproven by statistics. (In this case, you happen to be making an unwarranted assumption leading to a faulty conclusion. Nobody cares about that site's final mocks. It's a second rate site and that's why most people view it as such.) You seem to think that everyone is privy to conversations you had with other people. Just $0.02 from a long-time poster.

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Unless he just plain hated school, only desires to play ball and is rolling the dice - I really think he got a real honest opinion from someone/people that he will be drafted somewhere in the two rounds.
Besides a few sure blue chippers, this draft is weak
Next year it will be loaded
Where will he be picked? - unless he has developed tremendously over the last 45 days, my guess is round two which makes his quest a battle to get some guaranteed cash.
I am in the camp that he should come back another year for development but I am not an NBA insider
I just wish him the best
I concur. I said before. 75% of the season he was awful, droughts, something on his mind. He showed signs of breaking out. However the last few games, the AAC tournament and a game in the dance he was fantastic. Would you draft a player from a few games? Maybe your on to something. School? Hopefully he didn't say he would play better away from the team. That's rough to say. He does need another year. My opinion only. It may be loaded next year but he could be a big part of that. Who knows, it's over and done.

Reaction Score
I concur. I said before. 75% of the season he was awful, droughts, something on his mind. He showed signs of breaking out. However the last few games, the AAC tournament and a game in the dance he was fantastic. Would you draft a player from a few games? Maybe your on to something. School? Hopefully he didn't say he would play better away from the team. That's rough to say. He does need another year. My opinion only. It may be loaded next year but he could be a big part of that. Who knows, it's over and done.
I think you have an odd definition of awful if you believe he was awful 3 out of every 4 games this year.

Reaction Score
Nbadraftnet is pretty terrible until the draft is close. At that point everybody is copying each other. And I don't know if 2015 was an outlier or, as you're implying, par for the course. Even if their final mocks are good, that's meaningless.

I don't know why anyone would bother reading it when Draft Express is available. They actually analyze players. Here's nbadraft.net's awesome analysis of DHam:

"Notes: Younger brother of Gary (University of Miami), Jordan (University of Texas/NBA) and Isaac Hamilton (2013) ... Measured 6'8.5 (with shoes) 178 lbs with a 6'8 wingspan at the 2013 Kevin Durant Skills Academy ... Measured 6’8’’ in shoes, with a 6’8’’ wingspan and 198 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy"

You seem to get exceedingly irritated by people who have an opinion that you believe is disproven by statistics. (In this case, you happen to be making an unwarranted assumption leading to a faulty conclusion. Nobody cares about that site's final mocks. It's a second rate site and that's why most people view it as such.) You seem to think that everyone is privy to conversations you had with other people. Just $0.02 from a long-time poster.
Sure if you say so, and last year was not an outlier, they ranked ahead of draft express in 2013 for instance.

And yes I get irritated by people who make statements as facts which are completely unsupported and made up. You should too unless you are proponent of ignorance.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sure if you say so, and last year was not an outlier, they ranked ahead of draft express in 2013 for instance.

And yes I get irritated by people who make statements as facts which are completely unsupported and made up. You should too unless you are proponent of ignorance.

No, their final draft did not beat DX's. They got lucky with an earlier mock. I was curious, so I looked. The point is that the website sucks, not whether you can make some kind of statistical defense of something nobody criticized. That website sucks, compared to DX.

Reaction Score
The ChaseinManhattan thread is cool off the University of Southern Cal hoops site. The 1 where he lists the odds of being drafted for those of us into those type of things...

http://uschoops.com/

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Hamiltion a rebounder ... and a project

Connecticut sophomore Daniel Hamilton was a second-team all-American Athletic Conference selection, and was MVP of the AAC Tournament. He is also skinny, at 6-foot-7, 195 pounds. But he displayed a knack for getting on the glass, finishing sixth in the country in defensive rebounding (303 total), averaging 8.9 boards per game for the Huskies.

160419105238-daniel-hamilton-ncaa-basketball-connecticut-at-memphis.story-top.jpeg

Daniel Hamilton's basketball IQ draws praise from NBA scouts.
And, he has a pretty strong pedigree. He has three brothers who have all played or are playing Division I ball: Gary, the oldest, a 6-foot-10 forward who played at the University of Miami from 2002-06 and has played in Japan and Uruguay. Jordan, who played at Texas and was a first-round pick of the Mavs in 2011 and is now with the Pelicans, and Isaac, a junior guard at UCLA who was a second-team all-Pac 12 selection this season.

Hamilton will surely be a long-range project if he's drafted, or even if he isn't. But he's an intriguing prospect with his smarts -- "elite IQ," a Western Conference scout said -- and his rebounding prowess, though he has a habit of bending at the waist defensively rather than bending his legs, according to one scout.

"I think he's got a real good intellect," another scout said. "He's got a mature game. Obviously, his family is pretty competitive. I think that has to be taken into the judgment. I was up there in October watching practice...he's not a wower, I guess. But what he really can do is rebound. I think he rebounds well for his position. He's not a super athlete, but I think he's a glue guy you can put in there. I don't think he's going to be a star by any stretch, but I think he's going to be a guy who's going to be in the league and help you."
-From NBA.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer