DHam Draft Projection | The Boneyard

DHam Draft Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Unless he just plain hated school, only desires to play ball and is rolling the dice - I really think he got a real honest opinion from someone/people that he will be drafted somewhere in the two rounds.
Besides a few sure blue chippers, this draft is weak
Next year it will be loaded
Where will he be picked? - unless he has developed tremendously over the last 45 days, my guess is round two which makes his quest a battle to get some guaranteed cash.
I am in the camp that he should come back another year for development but I am not an NBA insider
I just wish him the best

caw

Reaction Score
I know if I were a team with an athletic big man (Drummond, Jordan, Howard, Whiteside, Gorbert) I would love to have a player like Hamilton to feed him lobs. Look at all the easy buckets he got Brimah. Unfortunately two of those bugs are unrestricted FAs and a third is restricted.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think he will end up in Boston like a lot of people are saying, specifically if the rest of the league isn't that jazzed about him (now he will almost certainly end up on Utah). We certainly saw a lot of Danny Ainge at our games throughout the season, and maybe he was keeping an early eye on Jalen since he's from Boston, but I do think Hamilton will end up just fine for his current skill level. He will definitely have a shot, its just a matter of how hard he works to make it count.

Reaction Score
I posted about this the other day on here. Basically he is a good fit/investment for any team at the bottom of the draft in the first round. Imagine Golden state taking him. they dont NEED him, but if he refines and develops his skill set and blossoms like we all hope he does, one day if they lose one of their really good players, he could help offset that. OR they could just have a bench that is even deeper and stronger than it already. Moreover it would be great for Dhams development to play with a team of vets that are use to winning on the regular.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know if I were a team with an athletic big man (Drummond, Jordan, Howard, Whiteside, Gorbert) I would love to have a player like Hamilton to feed him lobs. Look at all the easy buckets he got Brimah. Unfortunately two of those bugs are unrestricted FAs and a third is restricted.

I don't know if his handle is tight enough at the NBA level to get in position to toss the lobs.

Wish the kid well. He's not a sure bet. He will have to work his arse off and keep improving to make and stay on a roster.

Reaction Score
Good point, could still move up or down depending on combine and team workouts.

Reaction Score
Good for him. Hope it plays out well for him. Plenty of time to solidify his status. Workouts will be important. He will have to show handle and a improved jumper. On ball defense will be important as well. Jeremy isn't playing now supposedly based on that. (DNP)

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
NBAdraft.net is notoriously inaccurate and has gotten worse and worse every year with their lazy predictions and analysis. Draftexpress is by far and away the better site when it comes to all things draft and they have DHam not even getting drafted which seems more likely than him sneaking into the 1st round. Hoping for the best for Hammy but I will eat my shoes if he has his name called in the 1st round.

Things can certainly change once players pull out of the draft but a 1st round grade for him at this point seems like a Willy Loman pipe dream

DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Reaction Score
NBAdraft.net is notoriously inaccurate and has gotten worse and worse every year with their lazy predictions and analysis. Draftexpress is by far and away the better site when it comes to all things draft and they have DHam not even getting drafted which seems more likely than him sneaking into the 1st round. Hoping for the best for Hammy but I will eat my shoes if he has his name called in the 1st round.

Things can certainly change once players pull out of the draft but a 1st round grade for him at this point seems like a Willy Loman pipe dream

True. But they also have many guys in the mid/late second route that as a NBA GM, I'd much rather have Dham than.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know if his handle is tight enough at the NBA level to get in position to toss the lobs.

Wish the kid well. He's not a sure bet. He will have to work his arse off and keep improving to make and stay on a roster.

Good point. He's not Curry or Kemba. Of course there are other things to think about as well. The NBA has a much more spread offense/court. So with a team with good spacing he shouldn't have help defenders constantly attacking him.

Hes such an odd player to scout. Great vision, very good rebounder for his position. Solid handle, but not spectacular. Decent positional defender. Very good IQ. Mediocre athlete and length for the NBA. Subpar shooter from three. His improved FT shooting does show he is willing to put in work though.

I personally would definitely use a second on him, he may pan out, he may not, but he's worth a second based on pedigree and what he showed in two years. I would probably use a first on him if I had multiple firsts and could take a risk near the end of the round.

He could make or lose a ton of money at the combine if he can show he can make the NBA three, if even only from the corners.

Reaction Score

DraftExpress is easily the best as far as content and the scouting videos, but their mock drafts are pretty useless at this time of the year. They don't really get close to being accurate(outside of the obvious top picks) until team workouts are conducted and agents/team execs start floating intel out there.

Reaction Score
Draft position (especially those who will go after the lottery) will be determined over the next 6 weeks as the combine and team workouts happen. Trying to project it now isn't worth it.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
DraftExpress is easily the best as far as content and the scouting videos, but their mock drafts are pretty useless at this time of the year. They don't really get close to being accurate(outside of the obvious top picks) until team workouts are conducted and agents/team execs start floating intel out there.
I agree on the mock drafts being useless at this juncture, especially until the field of players is set and workouts are underway. Draftexpress is just far less useless than NBAdraft.net is all.

I remember watching a prospect's video back in the day not knowing it was a whole video of "Weaknesses" and thought this guy sucks, he hasn't made a single shot and is turning the ball over like crazy...

Reaction Score
I am of the opinion that he's willing to play in Europe or whatever. Obviously, the NBA is his goal, but I have to think he is aware of the possibility of not getting drafted and playing a long career overseas. My guess is he's ok with that.

Reaction Score
He dropped a spot in DX's rating to 86th. No point in looking at NBADraft.net, The Boneyard could make a more accurate mock draft than that place.

Reaction Score
If he goes first round, the Boneyard should have to eat DHam's shoes.
I will be the first one in line. That said, it ain't gonna happen. He'll be lucky to get drafted at all.

Reaction Score
That would be great. Or if he bought those little $1 mini apple pies and had them sent to the boneyard or first game. I would even take a twitter pic of a humble pie for the boneyard.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

we don't rank draft picks y'know, and I can only surmise you think Kevin should do likewise, A?

at least the first round would give him some guaranteed money AND buy him some time. That would be huge for him

Reaction Score
I don't think he is ready yet for the NBA. Should have stayed 1 more year, too many holes in his game. I wish him the best regardless and hope it works out for him.

Reaction Score
I only care about scrappy2.0 projection (where has that lovable fool been lately, speaking of?)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Imagining DHams off ball defense at the NBA level makes me chuckle. Good luck to him, but I'd be shocked if he were drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom