Dez practice 4 notes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dez practice 4 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have attended numerous NY Giants training camps. Some guys just kill camp. Tim Carter was an all pro every August. It never translated into the season. So while these reports are great, your actual mileage is going to vary.

Also, the words of Bill Parcells are important here.

In a press conference after a camp practice a reporter asked "It looks like the defense is ahead of the offense, does that concern you?"

Parcells said, "I can make the offense look ahead of the defense tomorrow. It all depends what I'm trying to do with practice. If you don't know what I'm trying to accomplish, you don't know what to look for, so no, I'm not concerned, I can make practice look any way I want."

So as we get these reports. That's just something to keep in mind. It is fun, though.

Reaction Score
Man.....great post!!!!!!

That should really help bring the team together.

Honest to god, if you are really a UCONN board why would you post somthing like that on a public message board?

get over it.

Reaction Score
I'm with uconndogs here. If you're getting inside info from players on the team, I don't think they'd want you to be posting this on the BY. It can indeed divide a locker room.

Reaction Score
I'm with uconndogs here. If you're getting inside info from players on the team, I don't think they'd want you to be posting this on the BY. It can indeed divide a locker room.

One of my biggest problems with this board sometimes is the inherent self-importance that is born of the users. If our locker room is divided by some internet rumor-mill chat, we have much, much bigger problem. namely that our players are paying attention to a bunch of crazy As on a message board. Myself included

I've got no problem with it I LOVE SPIES

Keep the info streaming. Its like our own little HuskiesWikiLeaks lol

Reaction Score
I didnt intend it to be negative. He's barely a freshman. Some of you think he is going to bring this program to the next level next year, and I felt it relevant info to post that I don't think that will happen, and is likely a few years away. The fact that reporters (not only dez) are saying he looks great is only going to get your 'yarders harder but hey, if you dont want the info then fine. I forgot I had the divine power to create turmoil in the locker room. lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whitmer is getting the rock and nebrich will be the 2. no rs for nebrich so that the qb spead between him whitmer and casey and next years recruit will be a year off for each class wise. casey will rs this year and 2 years from now will battle it out for the starter job with nebrich if he says even though being behind whitmer would only alow him to start by his sr year. it just what the coaching staff needs to do to spread out the classes of our qbs in order to get us a solid depth chart at the position considering the past couple years at qb. mccum will be the 3 but will get a little wildcat i think mixed with nw getting some wilcat handoff type stuff. thats all, everyone relax and enjoy the fball talk.

Reaction Score
I think Dan is pretty much right on with this. I'm not sure why anyone would expect a true freshman to be the starter. Almost never happens and when it does it is usually the result of bad stuff happening. Beyond that, the coaching staff doesn't go out and get Whitmer from JC if they think Cochran is anywhere near ready to be either #1 or even #2. I think he redshirts now and is in the competition for 2013.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't necessarily forget Johnny. He hadn't played in years- he could end up improving.. not saying he will be the guy at all, just saying dont count him out just yet

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you want to see pandemonium on the Boneyard... watch out if Johnny is named the starter. Could be fun. :)

Reaction Score
I didnt intend it to be negative. He's barely a freshman. Some of you think he is going to bring this program to the next level next year, and I felt it relevant info to post that I don't think that will happen, and is likely a few years away. The fact that reporters (not only dez) are saying he looks great is only going to get your 'yarders harder but hey, if you dont want the info then fine. I forgot I had the divine power to create turmoil in the locker room. lol

When you post something like that, that you are purportedly hearing from players, it does have the potential (however slight) to be disruptive. That's all I'm saying.

For what it's worth, I could care less who our QB is as long as they help us win games and I highly doubt its going to be a true frosh this season given what's on the roster.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you want to see pandemonium on the Boneyard... watch out if Johnny is named the starter. Could be fun. :)

johnny will be named the started the same day the ncaa rules to ban us officially from the ncaat. i will call the fire and police depts in advance for the good of the BY.

Reaction Score
The problem with posting player comments on here (player's friends will tell them) is the trust will be broken and the young player will most certainly be called on it. Will pay some price for it.

Trust is everything to these guys.

Reaction Score
One of my biggest problems with this board sometimes is the inherent self-importance that is born of the users. If our locker room is divided by some internet rumor-mill chat, we have much, much bigger problem. namely that our players are paying attention to a bunch of crazy As on a message board. Myself included

are you telling me P doesn't read these to the team at the beginning of every practice? i'm sure he at least reads them with his assistants

Reaction Score
are you telling me P doesn't read these to the team at the beginning of every practice? i'm sure he at least reads them with his assistants
I believe it has been made clear that he only reads posts by Palatine, and then only so he can do the exact opposite. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom