Devin Carter is the Big East Player of the Year | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Devin Carter is the Big East Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Devin Carter gives off a vibe that he's an undercover cop posing as a high school kid.

giphy.gif

Guy's a baller though. Let this be fuel for Tristan!

Reaction Score
Harris is a ham-and-egger. He got a lot of media exposure due to his Dad. But, who is the better player - Newton or Harris? I'd pick Newton every time.

Reaction Score
The Kid looked good tonight. Leading scorer in the game. 22 points 11 boards 4 assists 2 steals 1 block 3 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Harris is a ham-and-egger. He got a lot of media exposure due to his Dad. But, who is the better player - Newton or Harris? I'd pick Newton every time.
Devin Harris in his prime was probably better than Newton.

Reaction Score
He was the best player but surprised they gave it to a player from a middling Big East team. I apologize to the poster who I told a couple weeks ago that they would never do that. Kemba Walker would like a word with the Big East coaches. :)

I dont have a huge problem with it but my vote would definitely have gone to Newton because hes on the better team and by far beaten more and better competition and hes been good in just about all those games. But people will counter that Newton is absolutely loaded with talent around him. Meh! Im sure Tristen will feel better with a BET title and another chip. Let this motivate him because he honestly made the case to be the CPoY

Reaction Score
Actually no. Carter averaged more rebounds per game than Newton.

Carter, a 6-3 junior guard, is the BIG EAST scoring champion with a 21.4 average in league games. Overall, he ranks second in scoring at 19.4, third in rebounding at 8.6, fourth in 3-point shooting, making 38.5 percent and fourth in steals at 1.9.
The point some are making is Carter was the big Fryer on a team with no other very good player as opposed to Newton being on a team with Spencer, Karaban and Castle plus Clingan. Much easier to put up big numbers when there are no other stellar players.

That said he is really good and will make a fine addition to the Huskies when he accepts the offer DH made during the hug......

Reaction Score
That said he is really good and will make a fine addition to the Huskies when he accepts the offer DH made during the hug......
Do we have room for him after Hopkins?

mr burns GIF

Reaction Score
I really don't care that people are bothered that some of us are still harping on this BUT...

... the Big East coaches had a chance to make up for leaving Newton off the preseason 1st or 2nd teams (heck, they didn't even have the honor to even mention his name). And instead, they blew it.

They deserve to get pounded repeatedly by UConn into eternity. They can't lose enough.

Reaction Score
Carter is basically a one man band. He’s phenomenal, but Newton put up his numbers with 4 other players on the floor that are scorers. Conversely, Carter was keyed every game with Oduro. Tough call, but Newton got his revenge and a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom