Deutschland at USA, Oct 14, The Rent | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Deutschland at USA, Oct 14, The Rent

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
American Outlaws tailgate will be in LOT 9 ! can't wait to host the boys again, especially for Ggggg & Gio's first game reunited (start him, PLEASE)
Maybe I'll see you there!!

Reaction Score
Pretty much the all the A guys without A. Robinson or Adams.

GOALKEEPERS (2): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 9/0), Matt Turner (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 33/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic/SCO; 12/0), Sergiño Dest (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 28/2), DeJuan Jones (New England Revolution; 7/0), Kristoffer Lund (Palermo/ITA; 2/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 52/1), Chris Richards (Crystal Palace/ENG; 12/1), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 26/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 6/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/BRA; 7/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 17/0), Lennard Maloney (Heidenheim/GER; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 46/11), Yunus Musah (AC Milan/ITA; 29/0), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/4), Malik Tillman (PSV Eindhoven/NED;64/0)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Union Berlin/GER; 34/8), Folarin Balogun (Monaco/FRA; 4/2), Kevin Paredes (Wolfsburg/GER; 1/0), Ricardo Pepi (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 18/9), Christian Pulisic (AC Milan/ITA; 62/26), Tim Weah (Juventus/ITA; 33/5)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I couldn't get out of the wedding so I'm going to miss this game. It's a shame because I go to all the games at The Rent and this will be the biggest yet. It's a soccer frenzy in Hartford this weekend. Hartford Athletic's final home game is a sellout and they've been out of the playoff picture since July,

Reaction Score
sounds/looks like The Rent is almost sold out as well - really hoping the rain holds off and we can feel that sold out energy again. its been since what, Michigan in 2013? for anyone not going to the Ahtletic game Friday night, there is a night before party at Vaughan's / Pratt street. Former players are known to come have a drink at AONB4's. I know we will be pouring one out for our dear friend, Grant. He was a staple at these events.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
sounds/looks like The Rent is almost sold out as well -
It's been sold out for a week. Those seats on Ticketmaster are resales or handicap seats. Let's hope the rain holds out.

Reaction Score
Target Audience: Veterans

If you already have or sign up quickly with ID.me and Vettix.org can get a comp ticket for tomorrow. Strongly recommend if this applies to you.

Reaction Score
Pretty much the all the A guys without A. Robinson or Adams.

GOALKEEPERS (2): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 9/0), Matt Turner (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 33/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic/SCO; 12/0), Sergiño Dest (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 28/2), DeJuan Jones (New England Revolution; 7/0), Kristoffer Lund (Palermo/ITA; 2/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 52/1), Chris Richards (Crystal Palace/ENG; 12/1), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 26/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 6/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/BRA; 7/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 17/0), Lennard Maloney (Heidenheim/GER; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 46/11), Yunus Musah (AC Milan/ITA; 29/0), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/4), Malik Tillman (PSV Eindhoven/NED;64/0)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Union Berlin/GER; 34/8), Folarin Balogun (Monaco/FRA; 4/2), Kevin Paredes (Wolfsburg/GER; 1/0), Ricardo Pepi (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 18/9), Christian Pulisic (AC Milan/ITA; 62/26), Tim Weah (Juventus/ITA; 33/5)
Did I miss a memo re Walker Zimmerman?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I was there. Good experience. I really didn’t care that we lost as it’s a friendly. They announced a sellout at 37,400 and change.

Reaction Score
Greggg shows us again how bad he is.

Germany adjusted. We did not. It was embarrassing seeing them try to play out of the back.

Reaction Score
Fun time despite the result and the weather wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been.

If any part of your strategy is reliant on Matt Turner having the ball at his feet, you are not qualified to coach a U10 club, never mind the USMNT.

It was obvious from about the 35th minute how the game was going to play out.

Reaction Score
To me it seemed Germany were simply much bigger, faster, and stronger, especially in the 2nd half. Look at Niclas Füllkrug, 6'2" 185 lbs. A guy like that would probably be playing football if he grew up in the USA.

Reaction Score
I thought the forwards looked good, Pulisic and Weah were dangerous. In the midfield both McKennie and Reyna looked very good. But the defense was atrocious.

Our defense has not looked the same since Mile Roberson's injury prior to the world cup. He hasn't been the same player. Add in the absence of Jedi Robinson against Germany and the drop off is a cliff.

Reaction Score
I thought the forwards looked good, Pulisic and Weah were dangerous. In the midfield both McKennie and Reyna looked very good. But the defense was atrocious.

Our defense has not looked the same since Mile Roberson's injury prior to the world cup. He hasn't been the same player. Add in the absence of Jedi Robinson against Germany and the drop off is a cliff.

Berhalter needs to swallow his pride and invite John Brooks back.

Reaction Score
Anyone got a logistics assessment of how a full Rent fared? Traffic/parking coming in? Leaving? Concessions run out of food, getting into the stadium with e-tickets etc?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Richards isn't ready and Scally is not at this level. Germany basically pointed at the two of them and shouted to one another go that way. That was all she wrote.

Richards is relying too much on athleticism and finding out that its not enough. Watching Ream reading the play vs Richards being caught off guard was very educational.

Either GGG or Turner needs to end the practice of passing straight down the middle and short. I get they are trying to entice the press to open the next pass but we are not nearly good enough or quick enough to get away with it.

Beautiful strike by Pulisic. No reason he can't get that shot vs anyone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone got a logistics assessment of how a full Rent fared? Traffic/parking coming in? Leaving? Concessions run out of food, getting into the stadium with e-tickets etc?

The ticket scanners were a bit balky but no worse than the old barcode readers. No issues otherwise, though the merch lines were enormous. It's not like the Rent hasn't sold out before, just not for UConn FB in a very long time.

Reaction Score
Yeah merch lines stood out for sure.

Getting into the stadium so close to kick-off we weren’t asked to empty pockets as long as no bag. That was helpful. Made it in for anthems.

Hardly left my seat but somehow I missed Pulisic goal :confused: Heard the roar from the concourse smh

IMG_2321.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The color commentator said he was amazed about how consistently loud it was.

Reaction Score
I'm unsure of the traffic coming in as I was in there around 9am but traffic leaving was brutal - all lots were backed up. merch lines were the longest, and halftime concessions was a close second. the atmosphere was electric and overall it was an awesome day for The Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom